“"Not What I Expected"”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Marianna
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Marianna
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Upon entering the room, there was an apparent musty odor that lingered all night long. The air conditioning didn't help matters. The staff was constantly taking smoke breaks in front of the hotel with guest present. The manager was on her cell phone , and slow about acknowledging your presence until she was finished. The breakfast attendant was friendly, still taking constanct smoke breaks. Employees should not be breaking in guest areas (unprofessional, and looks bad for the hotel). Breakfast was ok but no fruit option. Iron was broken, leaking water- didn't have a replacement. Housekeeper Shaun was great. They Stripped linen before we could check out had to wait for towels to bathe. Cleaning products were grocery store brand (Great Value) not industrial approved cleaners. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: " Don't stay on the 3rd floor it needs some work." View from window is of a wooded are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Marianna

Reviewed 17 March 2012

This Country Inn and Suites is now American Inn and Suites. It was clean and tidy. Average to above continental breakfast, with hot items on the menu. There is an outdoor pool with hot tub. I was not able to make any of the "fitness room" exercise machinery work as it supposed to; you were unable to input any info or change the speeds, inclines, etc. The manager special rate was around $65, which was somewhat below fees of others in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a good hotel. Clean & Comortable. Breakfast is great. Very secure. Free Internet. This hotel is much better than others in town. Tour the room before you book. See for yourself. I do not think you will be disapointed. I have stayed 4 times. I'm not sure why anyone would write a negative review. I stay twice a month on business. I came here after bad experiences with other hotels in Marianna.

Room Tip: smoking & non-smoking
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Sandra S, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

The old Country Inns and Suites is now the American Inn and Suites. We have been under
new management since January 2012.
Please visit my property and see for your self. Bring your kids and pets. Eat my good country
breakfast, swim in my pool, use my hottub and visit our charming town of Marianna.
I assure you, you will be pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I can see why this hotel is not part of the Carlson chain anymore because the hotel lacks appeal that would draw you away the the other 8 hotels in the area providing more amenities for the same price. Carpets were old and very worn, black mold growing under the wall paper border and the bed linens were that of 2004. The hotel has a very odd smell to it and I was told by one of the employees that mold treatment was performed on this hotel last year. I would hate to have seen what it was like before the treatments. My advise to you is even if there is no where else to stay in Marianna, you'll still come out better just sleeping in your car or driving an extra 30 minutes to Dothan.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I normally like this chain. But, this location lacked cleanliness. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was typical. But, our room had a horrible smell. After traveling for 12 hours we just needed a place to rest our heads for a bit. Unfortunately, the beds were very lumpy. Im sure they would have worked with us to get another room but we were too tired to deal with it. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Older hotel, but very clean. Stoped here on way to south florida and was very suprised at the friendly staff who seemed liked family. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed here while traveling from Houston to Cape Canaveral. After being on the road all day we found a good deal online. We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites before and have always had a good experience, until now.

We booked a double queen, non-smoking room, and the first one they gave us was a single king, smoking. I politely went back and asked for a change, the front desk made a huge deal about it even though they could see there were four of us.

We walked into our second room, and pulled back the covers, there was hair on the sheets, the tub was still wet and had hair in it. The room was very musty and damp and the carpet was fifthly. We had been on the road for 12+ hours and were exhausted. I went to the front desk and asked for new bedding and a bottle of bleach and did it myself, she didn't even offer to clean it for us.

The one pro was the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family