“Great hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marianna
Hinson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Marianna B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Fl
“Great hosts”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Everything about this B&B were great except for one minor thing, the location. The hosts were great, the food good, the rooms nice and the fellow guests interesting. The owners keep a year round Christmas theme in the house. The only minor problem is the location, off of a semi busy highway, so if secluded silence sitting on the front porch is your thing, this is not the B&B for you. Our room faced the street, but we really didn't get much noise at night since traffic in Marianna is not that heavy. Hint, if you are staying in Marianna, take a short trip to the Florida Caverns State Park. In most parts of Florida, if you dig down a few inches you hit water, so taking a mile long walk through a cave is something special there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank BJMURFY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tyler,Tx
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This was a wonderful old house with a great couple managing it. Our room was very nice with a little sitting room off of our bedroom. It does sit on a busy street so the traffic noise was a little bothersome at night, but our sleep machine helped. The breakfast was great and different each morning.

Room Tip: A downstairs room at the back of the house might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lmarshall
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This B&B hasn't been redecorated since the 1980s. The paved front yard was used for parking, and the location is right on the main street so traffic noise is pretty bothersome. It was clean and had decent water pressure, but the bathroom was carpeted which always makes me cringe. The television was the old cabinet style...I was surprised that it actually worked. Lighting was poor and the sofa in the sitting room of my "suite" was so soft that I felt like I was on the floor. The caretaker and his family must live upstairs as children were a little noisy although that doesn't bother me personally. The air conditioning was not sufficient and my room was warm and stuffy even though the caretaker turned the thermostat down to 76 (from 80). The temperature never got below 77. Breakfast was mediocre. I would not recommend this B&B. Unless the motels along the highway are terrible, they are a better bet.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank mcbr
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 June 2008

This is a charming B&B and a great alternative to regular hotel/motels. The hosts were charming. The house was lovely and spacious and our room had a very large comfortable bed, a sitting room and large bathroom. They offered snacks, soda and wine anytime and if you needed anything from the kitchen you could go help yourself anytime. A very nice experience and a place I would stay at again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank sbatl
Jacksonville
Reviewed 15 March 2007

I needed to find a place to stay over night in Marriana,Fl.. I was stopping there in route to Foley Al. to visit my family and be with my sister in Pensacola for her operation. It was the perfect halfway point in between Jacksonville, and Foley, perfect to break that trip up nicely and ensure I arrive at My sisters the next day clearminded, well rested and serene. I am so glad I chose this beutiful place to do that! I arrived to The Hinson House in the early evening, and was so pleasantly surprised at how ADORABLE this place is, not just the structure (wich is gorgeous) and GLEAMING antiques.... the people were so warm and sweet and the house smells of fresh baked cookies. I stayed in a room called the ' Sleeping Porch'. It was the most tranquil and comfortable room ever, and the bed was fantastic (high quality linens, sofffft and cool =]) Everything was IMACULATELY clean. I enjoyed just relaxing on the pretty front porch, sitting on the big comfy swing and winding down.. you are welcome to have whatever you like to drink and they have homade cookies to enjoy.. Guests are even offered a nice glass of wine if they like. You have plenty of privacy in the rooms (private baths come with). I took bunches of pictures of this lovely home, I had a really nice time there. I slept so well there, and the next morning, I was served this delicious breakfast, with fresh fruit and all the juice and coffee I wanted. The couple who own and run this B & B are extremely nice and really go the extra mile to make sure everyone is enjoying thier stay and have anything they need. The best part was the price. I researched the hotels in that area and they ran equal and some places even more $ than there, and with my AAA card I got a discount too. I spent less IMO than I would have on a cold so-so hotel room and nowhere NEAR the extras and ambiance (and value) as this place. If you get an opportunity to stay there, do it. You'll spend about as much as or even less than the local hotels. I HIGHLY recommend it. Christina

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank Birthmuffin
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 October 2006

We have relatives in Marinna , and stayed at the Hinson place several times. We always look forward to our next visit. The Hinson's are a wonderful, warm loving couple that make your visit a special time. We fell in love with the place when we first opened the front door and saw a beautiful decorated christmas tree and warm fire place. They serve a reallly great breakfast ,and the other guess were just as friendly. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank holdorf
Gainesville FL
Reviewed 14 September 2006

We were planning to stay in Marianna to see the nearby Florida Caverns, and I happened on this website (TripAdvisor) and was turned off by most of the motel comments. The favorable review of this B&B convinced me to give it a try. Our first B&B (my wife wanted to try one; I'd always felt they cost too much). We didn't make a reservation, we just drove up, (the Wed. after Labor Day) but it's not a big place so I'd recommend a reservation.
The house was restored relatively recently and is beautiful. The hosts were genuinely friendly and down to earth. The breakfast was delicious. So were the chocolate chip cookies on arrival (we passed on the wine that was offered since we were going out to dinner).
We stayed in the Lafayette room which was lovely. The traffic noise was a bit loud since it's on the front of the house, which faces on U.S. 90. No problem at all for us, especially since traffic late at night is very low, but some might prefer a room farther back.
I didn't know one could find any B&B for well under $100 let alone one so nice in every respect.

• Liked — The owner/hosts and the beautiful house.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family