“SO worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hinson House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marianna
Hinson House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Marianna B&B and Inns
Jacksonville
“SO worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2007

I needed to find a place to stay over night in Marriana,Fl.. I was stopping there in route to Foley Al. to visit my family and be with my sister in Pensacola for her operation. It was the perfect halfway point in between Jacksonville, and Foley, perfect to break that trip up nicely and ensure I arrive at My sisters the next day clearminded, well rested and serene. I am so glad I chose this beutiful place to do that! I arrived to The Hinson House in the early evening, and was so pleasantly surprised at how ADORABLE this place is, not just the structure (wich is gorgeous) and GLEAMING antiques.... the people were so warm and sweet and the house smells of fresh baked cookies. I stayed in a room called the ' Sleeping Porch'. It was the most tranquil and comfortable room ever, and the bed was fantastic (high quality linens, sofffft and cool =]) Everything was IMACULATELY clean. I enjoyed just relaxing on the pretty front porch, sitting on the big comfy swing and winding down.. you are welcome to have whatever you like to drink and they have homade cookies to enjoy.. Guests are even offered a nice glass of wine if they like. You have plenty of privacy in the rooms (private baths come with). I took bunches of pictures of this lovely home, I had a really nice time there. I slept so well there, and the next morning, I was served this delicious breakfast, with fresh fruit and all the juice and coffee I wanted. The couple who own and run this B & B are extremely nice and really go the extra mile to make sure everyone is enjoying thier stay and have anything they need. The best part was the price. I researched the hotels in that area and they ran equal and some places even more $ than there, and with my AAA card I got a discount too. I spent less IMO than I would have on a cold so-so hotel room and nowhere NEAR the extras and ambiance (and value) as this place. If you get an opportunity to stay there, do it. You'll spend about as much as or even less than the local hotels. I HIGHLY recommend it. Christina

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank Birthmuffin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2006

We have relatives in Marinna , and stayed at the Hinson place several times. We always look forward to our next visit. The Hinson's are a wonderful, warm loving couple that make your visit a special time. We fell in love with the place when we first opened the front door and saw a beautiful decorated christmas tree and warm fire place. They serve a reallly great breakfast ,and the other guess were just as friendly. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank holdorf
Gainesville FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2006

We were planning to stay in Marianna to see the nearby Florida Caverns, and I happened on this website (TripAdvisor) and was turned off by most of the motel comments. The favorable review of this B&B convinced me to give it a try. Our first B&B (my wife wanted to try one; I'd always felt they cost too much). We didn't make a reservation, we just drove up, (the Wed. after Labor Day) but it's not a big place so I'd recommend a reservation.
The house was restored relatively recently and is beautiful. The hosts were genuinely friendly and down to earth. The breakfast was delicious. So were the chocolate chip cookies on arrival (we passed on the wine that was offered since we were going out to dinner).
We stayed in the Lafayette room which was lovely. The traffic noise was a bit loud since it's on the front of the house, which faces on U.S. 90. No problem at all for us, especially since traffic late at night is very low, but some might prefer a room farther back.
I didn't know one could find any B&B for well under $100 let alone one so nice in every respect.

• Liked — The owner/hosts and the beautiful house.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
5 Thank SouthernSun1
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2006

enjoyed the food and the people there! Hope to visit again some day.

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank Joy7777
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2006

When my mom and I arrived at Hinson House for Mother's Day weekend, we were greeted with freshly baked cookies, sodas and wine. The house itself was so very charming, with Christmas decorations everywhere and beautiful wood floors. The owners, Judy and Sid, were warm and welcoming, and it seemed as though we had known them for years. The nightly rate is comparable with hotels in the area, but I was looking for something more than a place to sleep and shower, and was delighted with my experience at Hinson House.

Stayed May 2006