“Avoid!”

Americas Best Value Inn Marianna
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

First thing when i walked in that lobby it smelled like pure curry and unwashed arm pit! Rude dude taking our reservations didnt smile once! Gave us a smoking room when we clearly said we wanted non smoking so when we walked into the room we almost fainted because the smell was so bad! Called him up he changed our rooms, this room smelled better but was nothing special, old and broken down, found a roach under the sheets when i was going to sleep! Towels had stains on it, shower had mildew all over! Couldnt even use the pool cuz the city had shut it down!!! And at $60 a night you should just pay an extra $10 and stay at a way better hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank V4ne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I figured with the bad reviews being so old that maybe the new owners would have had time to make improvements. NO they didn't. Horrible smells even in the lobby, we asked to view the rooms first! The smell of mold was so bad in the first room we asked to see another. Omg even worse.

There wasn't even a manager in duty to talk to. Poor girl left alone behind the desk was sweet but there was NO WAY IN HELL we could stay there.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Bleststress

Travellers are raving about these Marianna hotels

Cincinnati
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Talk about collusion, all of the hotels in Marianna have run the nighty rates up and crush you on the weekly rates, except this hotel! Every hotel on the main drag has the same price, except this Americas Best, and the Staff will hook you up, for a weekly rate! I travel every week and was quite surprised by the clean, affordable, well maintained facility. Don't be fooled by the other hotels, this is the best bargain in town!

Room Tip: Stay in the back section, nice and quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RoadDogCincinnati
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here in August, 2011, when it was still a Country Inn & Suites. The room had a lot to desire. Bathroom was clean. Front desk clerk was not very friendly. BUT, the breakfast was great! Now for the best part: I met the new owners that night and they have big plans for this hotel that was not taken care of by the previous owner. I just talked to her and they have begun the improvements and moved the staff around to the best advantage and things are looking up. When we were there, I challenged the owners on the improvements and I can hardly wait for our next trip through northeastern Florida so that we can stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nbuch4242
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have stayed at this hotel for numerous trips for several years when it was Best Western and had always enjoyed my stay. This trip as America's Best value Inn was my last stay there. The grounds were unkempt and the building itself has not been maintained. The air conditioner was NOT on in our room (August in Florida) and took several hours to even slightly cool (as we arrived late in the evening, this made for an uncomfortable night) AND the unit had obvious mold in it. Our room was missing the iron and I had to make a trip to the front desk to pick up one that was confiscated from another room and it was so messed up on the surface plate I was afraid it would ruin my clothes but I had to iron them to attend a funeral. There were large groups of noisy males outside our door and the bad part is that I think they were hotel employees. The beds were soft (not comfortable soft) but as in no supoprt. The room and lobby did have stale odors. I had read the bad reviews but thought perhaps the writers had expected standards of a 5 start hotel but they were correct - the standards at this hotel have fallen very low.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Chipolariver
abvimarianna, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Marianna, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Dear Traveler,

I am sorry you had problems with your stay back in August. As far as the grounds, the landscaper probably had not made it in for the week. As for the employees outside, I have reprimanded them for that. The problem with the air conditioner should have been reported to the front desk and we could have checked it or moved you to another room. If you are in the area again, please give us another try.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I stayed one night in early July. The stay over all was pleseant. Not a new hotel, so you wont be blown away by the accomodations, but the lobby and room were both clean. I read many comments about smells, but I did not notice any in my room or in the lobby...but maybe curry was not on the menu that day who knows. Over all the stay was average, but I needed a clean, safe place to rest my head and this hotel was just that.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Tallahassee,Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2010

i bet this is the worst hotel ever...i'd put my own money on that..we didnt even get in the door and the workers were being very mean...it smelled very bad in the loby and only got worse in the room...we looked the price up online and they didnt stand behind that price it was twice as much...are towlet would no flush and all they did about it was give us a plunger...are air didnt cool...and they would not give a refund or move us to another room they claimed the rooms were full be they were clearly not. all they did was give us a fan....we didnt use the dresser...couse there was some kind of mold all over it...i asked my mom if it was dust or mold and my 6 year old cousin said that he thought it was both.!!!! also i walk up to the front desk to ask for towels and the lady couldnt even find them and when she did find them she handed me 2 and got very upset when i asked for 2 more becouse there was 5 of us and she said very meanly WELL HOW MANY YOU NEED THERE CANT BE THAT MANY PEOPLE IN THE ROOM...i said well there's 5 of us a personly i use 2 towels....then she rolled her eyes...the pool had glass all around it and there was a condom in the water so we didnt go swimmming.....the best part of this trip was tubing out of bear paul...and going home to sleep in my own CLEAN..MOLD FREE..bed

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family