“R&MJ”

Marianna Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Marianna
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Overall is a fairly good place to stay: I was not happy that I had to clean the sink nor that I had to ask for towels. The maid really fell down in cleaning up this room in that respect: the rest of the room was clean. Breakfast bar was nothing to brag about but okay I suppose. I do not believe we would stay here again, however.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Marianna Inn and Suites

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Rooms only provided with 2 bath and 2 hand towels. Rooms need moderate fixture and repair work. We had four lamps in our room and two did not have light bulbs in them. Cigarette butts all around property. Breakfast was "ok" however front desk person just sat there while tables and breakfast buffet counters remained dirty and unwired. On the positive side the front desk personnel were very friendly. Great location right off of Interstate-10. Next to a liquor store which my cone in handy for some as the restaurants in Mariana only sell beer & wine due to a county ordinance.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had to have two rooms for three nights plus it had to take pets...... Not my first choice but money was a big factor and we knew we would only be in the room to sleep and shower....the beds were great, Ralph Lauren pillows and super soft sheets. The TV was old, not a flat screen, the bath shower needs a complete makeover-the stuff they spray on to make the bath look new was peeling and full of dirt-if you MUST stay here wear flip flops in the shower at all times, no shampoo or any bath products, only mini soap bars, though u could ask at front desk they have sachets available! Breakfast was ok there was no fresh fruit or flavored creamer for the coffee, Super Walmart is across the street so we were able to get both of these when we wanted
Very convenient to lots of places, shopping, restaurants etc.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I checked in early. 2 pm is normal check in but they allowed me to check in around 12:45 pm. The room was very comfortable. Although they could have used a recliner in the room or a good computer chair. Bed was nice. I slept great all three nights. Shower worked well with plenty of water pressure. The staff was very friendly. I got a room near the office to make it handy to get the breakfast in the morning which was so much better than I expected. Unlimited scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage, potatoes, yogurt, 3 kinds of juice, cereal, coffee (reg. Decaf and gormet). I needed an additional hour to check out and they gave it to me upon request! I have stayed here on two separate occasions within a year and both times were great. Rooms were clean and didn't smell bad from smoke or other things.

Room Tip: Don't take room 129 as it is far from office and near a blind area for parking. (There is no re...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank kc28031
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This little hotel saved us to our trip to Tallahassee. My fiance's daughter was graduating from FSU and we decided to do the drive than overpaid for a 2 star hotel.
Beds were really comfortable and very clean .
A/C was iced cold
Breakfast is included , the selection was great you have plenty options to chose from.
Free WI-FI also they have a computer in the lobby if you need to use it
Overall great value !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We drove 12 hours and found this hotel. The night of October 15th we pulled in. Exhausted we dropped off some items in the room and drove to KFC next door to get dinner to take back to the room. We parked the UHaul ( my daughter moving to Austin TX) with uncertainty as there were several barefoot, un-shirted men roaming around the parking lot. I was not happy with the surroundings so before going into our room to relax and eat I asked the front desk if we could park out front for security reasons. The girl was very very nice and said of course. I then went to the room where the horror began. The TV was broken, no remote, the knob on the TV was gone, so we could not even turn it on manually. I pulled back the sheet and found a wadded up used tissue under the sheets ( see photo). It was apparent that the room had not been cleaned, only the sheets were smoothed and pulled up. The pillows were dirty, yellowish and disgusting. We went to the Uhaul to get our own bedding to lay on. I had to take towels from the bathroom to lay on the pillows. I could not eat, threw my food away. During the night I had to use the bathroom and guess what ?! there was NO toilet paper ! Thankfully we had napkins from dinner, it was the middle of the night ! Had we not been absolutely exhausted we would have left this motel hell. In the morning, very early we could not wait to get out of this place, I went to the desk and told the lady about the condition of the room. She acted surprised and offered to lower my rate. Who is responsible for cleaning these rooms !!!! I have traveled a lot and never , ever had an experience such as this. This place should be closed down, I'll bet that I only witnessed the surface of what goes on there. How could you NOT change sheets, what was on that dirty tissue in the bed ?!? The only positive was the nice girl on the night desk. Gross place, I wanted to break down and cry. I don't look for anything fancy, just let it be clean and functioning, how hard is that ?!

Room Tip: keep driving, do NOT stay at Marianna Inn and Suites !
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
BrianPetty, General Manager at Marianna Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for letting us know what went wrong with your stay. I apologize for the state of your bed, especially. If possible, could you please contact me at the hotel? I need to investigate this further, and unfortunately (in this case) Trip Advisor doesn't offer me enough information to single out what room you were in. I wish that we could have helped you while you were still here...we're always happy to help our guests, no matter the time of night!

Again, I apologize for your experience. And please, do contact me directly so that I can look into this further.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed for two nights for our anniversary got the 99 dollar a night suite with a jacuzzi tub which we loved it was heart shaped. The day we checked in gentleman at the front desk very nice.The next morning we went down for breakfast which seemed better than most places but instead of being asked nicely that we needed shoes on the front desk manager was nasty about it and i had already made a little plate then she told me i couldnt take it back to my room.So i left it sitting there she really upset my husband if she would of been nice about it or at least let me take it back to my room and siad next time please wear shoes we woud of had no problem with that.Then while we were gone for the day to the Florida Caverns state park our room should of gotten more towels but they only took the dirty ones left one in the bathroom and emptied the trash that was it.The lady that was there when we checked out was very nice.They have a beautiful pool and the rooms are nice sized just need some better employies.

Room Tip: Room 125 has a great jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments! I do apologize for my front desk employee, as they definitely should have been more polite. Despite this, I hope that you give us another chance next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Quality Inn
#8 of 13 in Marianna
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley

Been to Marianna Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!