“A bit below average”

Marianna Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Marianna
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Old and lots of stains, but sometimes you just get what you pay for. Not disgusting, but certainly could be cleaner. Breakfast included and good for some. Too busy for us to take the time to deal with, but seemed to be a hit with those that had the time and patience. Probably would spend a little more and go somewhere nicer if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this as we just needed a place to sleep and didn't want to pay alot for our short stay. Room was fine - clean carpet, nice thick towels, ac worked, beds ok, plenty of hot water for showers. Bathroom floor was a bit dirty and tv needs updating. The continental breakfast was below average and no staff to be found when we needed assistance.
I'd stay again for a late night stop to sleep at.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Made a reservation for a handicapped access, queen room a week in advance and paid for the room in advance through Booking.com. When I arrived in the early afternoon, I was told that there were no handicapped access rooms available, nor was there a room with a queen bed. I had also requested "non smoking" and after some difficulty the desk found me a "non smoking" room on the second floor. When I got to the room in was a "smoking" room. I had to return to the desk and was finally given a non smoking room on the second floor.

The room was clean.

Don't bother to make a reservation. It doesn't guarantee you anything!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our original plan was to camp at the caverns but the campgrounds were evacuated and since we were tent camping we need other accomadations. Did a quick search for hotels and prices and this one was the winner.

Room was clean - clean sheets, no mold on the shower curtain. Floors and bathroom clean. Even smelled like a citrus cleaner - nice smell.

Breakfast was waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy. For the price we couldn't have asked for better. Beds were clean, comfy, and best of all...dry!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband, my grandchildren and I come through this way all the time on our way back down to south fl. This is the first time we stayed here and might be the last. My husband check us in. So we check into our room facing another hotel. The room itself was qaint, clean and really not a bad deal. Shower was a little scrubby but you can't expect too much for the age of the place. So a couple hrs go by and I send mh grandson down to front to get more towels and he came back and told me that there was a lady in the lobby screaming at the front desk lady. Obviously he was scared because he came back empty handed so I went down instead. There was a lady in there that was yelling very rude remarks at a VERY pregnant front desk employee. I don't know if she was a guest or if she was trying to check in but she was also onthe front desks phone. Well I also turned around and went back to my room for about hlf hr so that everyone used the towels that we already had. When I went back up there front desk lady was in tears but at least that mean guest was gone. I don't know the whole story but from what I know, anyone else who sees an irate guest like that will surely not feel safe staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank meridith w
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The outside of the property is rundown and dirty. Our room was worse. The tub was covered with soap scum. I could scrape it off with my fingernail. The toilet had a ring around it. Two of the lamps had no lightbulbs and the shades were covered in a solid layer of dust. One of the pillows was covered with long black hairs. That was really disgusting. The furniture was old and one chair had a tear in it. I wanted to leave but husband said no; we would stick it out. We did not shower, of course. Thank God I had Lysol in the car. The two bath towels and one hand towel were small and threadbare. This hotel is terrible. We would never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Overall is a fairly good place to stay: I was not happy that I had to clean the sink nor that I had to ask for towels. The maid really fell down in cleaning up this room in that respect: the rest of the room was clean. Breakfast bar was nothing to brag about but okay I suppose. I do not believe we would stay here again, however.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Quality Inn
#8 of 13 in Marianna
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley

Been to Marianna Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!