“Will not stay again”

Days Inn Marianna
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Marianna
Reviewed 18 August 2014

2  Thank Christina L
Jay37110, General Manager at Days Inn Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Originally booked this hotel for 2 nights, stayed 1!!! Arrived at night since we were coming from TN on an 8 hr road trip and decided we would visit the caverns and blue springs. Our room was disgusting! Thankfully we had Clorox disinfecting wipes and glade sprays! Our room smelled, the carpets were filthy dirty, the tub was not clean (we showered with sandals on) the bed sheets were dirty with pubic hair on them, thankfully we also had our own sheets, blankets and pillows from our road trip. Not a lot of hotels to choose from but don't book here please, we felt like we were going to walk out with fleas!! NASTY

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank MMGarcia

I'm terribly sorry to here about the issues with your room. We are in the process of re-vamping our housekeeping and laundry departments and should not have issues like this again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry A
Jay37110, General Manager at Days Inn Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the night on just a little getaway. It was average the rooms was clean showers were hot... The air worked in our room. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast. So really can't comment on that. Thought the price was little high with it being just average.. We would stay here again for a nite. The staff was very nice. Even housekeeping was nice. Only thing I couldn't get to work was the ice-machine. No problem cause the rooms had fridge microwave and iron in the room also.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jay37110, General Manager at Days Inn Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here with three people and booked our stay at an online site, problem was when we arrived they woman at the front desk gave us a king bed room. When i complained she said no problem and offered me a two double bed room for another twenty dollars, which would have put us at the walk in rate. I stated I had made the proper arrangements online but she refused to make the change without the extra twenty dollars. We decided to to all sleep in the same bed being the third person was our ten year old daughter. Ironically my wife was in the office a short time later and the woman at the front desk didn't know who my wife was. My wife overheard the conversation between a walk in guest whom asked for the least expensive room and the very same clerk offered the patron a double room. So in short a double room was less expensive than a king room but because I wanted two doubles and not a king she was trying to up charge me. IMHO that's a shady business practice and poor customer service.

Furthermore the room was old, dirty and dated. The rug in our room was so dirty that when I walked from the bed to the bathroom my feet were black. I noticed that my feet were dirty when I stepped into the shower and there were black foot prints in the tub. Floor tile in the bathroom was cracked and tub wasn't fixed to the floor correctly and actually felt like it wobbled a bit when I stepped from side to side. The pool was cloudy, over chlorinated and burned my daughter and wife's eyes. I didn't swim so I can't say the water burned my eyes.. The TV is box style tube and could use an update to flatscreen too.

The positive is that the bed was comfortable and it was a quiet nights sleep and was quite affordable at $57 including tax. AC worked well too and in the middle of summer that was a super plus. I also make sure to look for roaches when we stay at a hotel/motel and I didn't see any here so that was a bonus too.

1  Thank PPB_Beach-Boy

I'm sorry that you had these issues while staying with us. Your reservation was booked through a third party. They, being Hotwire, are the ones that booked you for a king not us. When your wife heard the conversation that the desk clerk was having, she might not have realized that doubles were all we had left that night. The pool was chlorinated due to all of the rain we have been having.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Jay37110, General Manager at Days Inn Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Super 8 Marianna
Super 8 Marianna
#6 of 13 in Marianna

Been to Days Inn Marianna? Share your experiences!