“WOW AMAZING JUST PERFECT”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Pressing room

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
paulkevhe...
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“WOW AMAZING JUST PERFECT”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Stayed in the Pressing Room for our Honeymoon, which was amazing from the location the views are breath taking, Inside was just wonderful everything you would need for your stay. Perfect location for visiting the many areas of beautiful Dorset. You will be visited by the farm dogs and cats they are so friendly and will get on with other dogs that might be staying on the farm. There is no negatives to say about our visit and we will be visiting again very soon and we cannot wait. BIG THANK YOU to Karen for the lovely flowers Prosecco cake eggs milk sugar tea and coffee,

24 Jul 2017
I'm so pleased that you had a great honeymoon, and my studio was as good as you hoped, and I look forward to seeing you both in the future
Gailogail
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect spot for exploring the beautiful Dorset countryside and coastline”
Reviewed 3 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The Pressing Room is very comfortable and well-appointed barn conversion with a lovely view over pretty countryside from a pleasant terrace/patio surrounded by plants. Although semi-detached and on a farm with several other holiday lets it feels surprisingly private (though be warned that the adjoining neighbours can probably hear you if you sing in the bathroom since the soundproofing is poor in this one part of the building!)
Some farm locations are on a track far from the road. This one has the benefit of being much easier to reach - turn off the A-road not too far out of Bridport and you're right there. The downside of this, of course, is that you can sometimes hear traffic when you are sitting outside. This would not put me off visiting again, though - 5-star review regardless! It's not a major highway so there's not constant traffic noise, and I never noticed it indoors. It's NOT like the A35! Probably depends what you're used to; my home location is less rural yet very quiet so I probably noticed the traffic more than I would otherwise.
It's a very easy drive from here to lots of beautiful places and lovely tea rooms. There's also scope for walking right from the farm.
Two rather random comments: (1) It was lovely to be able to recycle properly - even food waste. We do this at home so it always feels wasteful to abandon it on holiday; this is the first time I've stayed somewhere that caters for recycling anything at all, so it was an unexpected bonus. (2) Tall people may find their feet can catch noisily on the metal frame at the foot of the bed and keep their partner from sleeping! Fortunately covering the metalwork with the bed throw and tucking this in at the foot of the bed to keep it in place muffles the noise successfully!

5 Jul 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review my property, I'm glad that the few little things did not spoil your time here, and I would look forward to welcoming you back
Paul S
Basildon
“Perfect in every way.”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This is one of the most beautiful places we have stayed, ideal location for seeing all the local sights and within easy driving distance of all local beaches, nearest being West Bay. The Pressing Room has everything you need for a restful break, so quiet, and the outlook is amazing, over fields.A welcome start to the break with milk, eggs and cake, tea, coffee and all cleaning products, towels and bedding included. Just take yourselves. Would strongly recommend. Thanks you to Karen for a splendid week.

5 Jun 2017
Thank you for the lovely review, I'm so pleased you had a great stay, and hopefully you will return in the future
Clare L
“An excellent home away from home”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

A cosy and comfortable base from which to explore the beautiful and picturesque Dorset coast. All conveniences and very friendly. Thank you!

5 Jun 2017
Thank you for your review, and we hope to maybe see you in the future
Wanderer4...
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Location ideal for Bridport and delights of the nearby beaches at Eype and West Bay. This is a fantastically appointed studio, with plenty of room for the two of us and our dog. Karen greeted us on arrival with a friendly smile and the wonderful bonus of farm eggs, milk and fruit cake. Highly recommended and beautiful!

Your age range 35-49
9 Mar 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review my place, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you in the future
Voyager68...
“Perfect relaxing break in 5 star luxury accommodation”
Reviewed 23 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This is our second stay here and from the minute we arrived we were welcomed by Karen who showed us to the pressing room. To our delight we had fresh eggs and milk from the farm and a delicious homemade fruit cake waiting for us. The cottage is just outstanding and such a beautiful homely place! We went for a relaxing long weekend and that is exactly what we got! We thoroughly enjoyed using the log burner every night and felt it gave the place that special touch! Saturday we spent the day in Weymouth shopping. Cinema there also but nothing good on!
We had fish and chips from the local takeaway one night and I would definitely recommend! Think it was called longs fish and chips! We spent Sunday afternoon in west bay enjoying a 5 star roast dinner and pud in a seafood restaurant on the seafront called the Anchor Inn which we would definitely recommend also) and we walked along the beach! On Monday we went to monkey world! Spent our evenings relaxing in the cottage and winding down! Thank you for such a lovely weekend! Can't wait to come back next year! Jade and Aaron

24 Feb 2017
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed you second time here as much as the first, and I look forward to welcoming you both next time
J21O
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a mini break”
Reviewed 19 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Had a fantastic stay in the Pressing Room. The accommodation is furnished perfectly and was so cosy! The log fire is fantastic, thank you Karen for the surprise birthday treat - he had a really lovely time. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting a base close to the Jurassic Coast. Thanks again.

5 Jun 2017
Thank you for taking the time to do a review, I'm so glad you had a good time and I would love to welcome you in the future
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing