“A really lovely stay in a lovely part of the country.”

Bay Eden Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushyford
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, and it was such a very comfortable place to stay.

Room whilst quite snug was clean and well serviced and had a bath with grab rail in which I find gives me ease of mind whilst I am showering due to a few mobility problems!!

Staff at table , reception and bar were very hard working, and very pleasant at all times making our break here really lovely.

Food menu gave plenty of choice and was plentiful and well cooked, nicely presented and hardly
any wait at all.

The icing on the cake though was the pool and jaccuzzi behind the reception area, and my only regret was that I did not use it a couple more times.

This hotel is a little gem amid a very historic area and certainly lived up to my expectations and where I would love to revisit.

Room Tip: I chose a lower floor if you have trouble with stairs!
4  Thank Jaqueline W
KarenTattersall, General Manager at Bay Eden Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you Jacqueline for taking the time to post such a lovely review ,It is always good to receive positive feedback from our guests. I am pleased to hear that you felt we provided comfortable accommodation, good food and excellent service and as you say the icing on the cake is the leisure facilities.I will certainly pass on your comments to all the team who I know will be thrilled to hear them.
Thank you again for your lovely review we all look forward to welcoming you back to The Eden Arms in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We went on a three night break with National Holidays. Upon arrival at the Eden Arms hotel (which is just off a large roundabout) we were handed our room key by the friendly receptionist. Our room was number 34 which was upstairs (there is no lift). The room was clean but the floorboards creaked a lot (the room is built over an archway). The only complaint we had was that the mattress was very hard, I have slept on softer floors! The brewing facilities were just acceptable with only four milks, tea bags etc. The food was good however and with my wife being celiac our waitress Julia had everything sorted out for her (we did notify the hotel when we booked). Nothing was to much trouble and all the staff were helpful and friendly. My wife used the pools on offer and was delighted with them. All in all it is a nice place to stay and is surrounded by countryside which we enjoyed in the evening before going in for the entertainment which wasn't bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 41HighPeak

Thank you for taking the time to post your review 41HighPeak. I am sorry to hear that you felt your mattress was very hard, we do try to provide comfortable accommodation for our guests and I am sorry this seems not to be the case in this instance. When requested we do provide extra tea, coffee and milk from Reception. We do try to accommodate any dietary requirements were possible and I am pleased to hear that Julia provided you with everything you and your wife needed during your stay, Julia was also thrilled that she as been mentioned personally. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back here at The Eden Arms in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed here on National Holidays 4 day trip. Found the hotel was certainly good enough. Not paying top money you cannot expect perfection. Food quality and choice suited me. Small pool, Gym, Sauna and hot tub (towels provided). were never busy, we made good use of them every day. We think our holiday was good value. Staff were friendly and worked hard to please. Room was cleaned, bed made every day, they did a good job.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bikeriderneil

Thank you bikeriderneil for your review, we do try to provide comfortable accommodation, good food and value for money breaks I am pleased to hear that we did so. The leisure facilities are an added bonus and I am pleased to hear that you made full use of them. The staff will be thrilled to hear that all their hard work and efforts have been appreciated.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Eden Arms in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just come back from a Shearings four night stay at this hotel. Facilities (swimming pool, sauna, hot tub and sream room) were an additional bonus to the best value for money holiday I have ever had. Food (breakfast and dinner), choice and quality was more than adequate. Yes the hotel needs the odd lick of paint but the staff could not have been any better with a mention in despatches for Brett.

6  Thank JudithHewitt H

Thank you Judith for your great review, It’s good to receive positive feedback from our guests and all the staff will be pleased to hear your comments. I know Brett will be over the moon to be mentioned personally.
Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel was good, service and staff excellent, the food needed attention if it was claiming four star status. When I asked for toiletries at reception, I was informed that because this was a Bay hotel it did not supply standard rooms with toiletries. Even though a very busy road and roundabout was just outside the hotel we were not troubled by noise. The pool and leisure centre seemed very good although we didn't use this facility

3  Thank Brymar

Thank you Brymar for your review it is always good to get feedback from our guests. I am pleased to hear that we did provide you with good service and as you say the staff are excellent and I know they will all be pleased to hear that all their hard work and efforts are appreciated. Toiletries are available from reception on request if required. I’m sorry to hear that you did not make use of our leisure facilities they are an added bonus.
Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Having stayed at coast and country many times looking at the addin our free paper i spotted
Durham i sugested going to my wife she said ok so here we are.Coming in from coudon it is on
your right havingno sat nav and due to traffic we went round the roundabout again to get to right exit.The hotel entrance is a little tired but has a nice homely feeling with a nice very slight
aroma coming from the pool behind the reception,we were meet by two smiling ladies and given our room 25and table no,our room was a large en suite and very very clean with all the
essentials you need for your stay.also a quiet room.Friday evening meal was nice the entertainment very good.Sat Bk was very good i could not have asked for better.The bus stop is outsidehotel so went to Durham the fare was £13.40.2 return but worth the cost but use a bus pass if you haveone.Evemeal very good and entertainment was excellent both worked hard for 2.30hrs nonstop.Sun Bksame as sat still good.Out allday back about 4.30.to go in pool
The leisure facilities are superb so try to use them free to guests.Eve meal good apart from my wifes pastawhichwas tasteless and the bread and butter pudding was left.But over all the food is good and the staff work hard and i think long hours.This hotel is out on its own with just a few
houses near by but in a very good location so do your homework if coming by car for das out.

Room Tip: my room was 25
4  Thank 549dennis
gm_dur, Assistant Manager at Bay Eden Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Here at the Eden Arms we pride ourselves on good food, comfortable relaxing surroundings and a range of entertainment to suit all tastes. I’m sorry that you found one of our pasta dishes to be bland you can be assured that I will look into this as a matter of urgency.
Thank you for your comments regarding our staff. I will be passing these on personally.
We all look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Laurie Simpson
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here first weekend in august, my wife read a lot of horror reviews the night before we left
So i was not really expecting much at all, so when we arrived and checked in i was really pleased to get a nice room, went from there to Bar had a drink, nice bar took drink to dinning room had dinner , which was pretty good , had more drink then sat listening to the entertainer not bad, following day went into Durham came back used the spa before having a drink, Spa was very relaxing,later had dinner pretty good then the saturday entertainment really good and a few drinks
Sunday went out for a few hours then back to use the spa before dinner.the staff are all really freindly and helpful, S o do not pay any attention to the rubbish reviews they just pure rot

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Robert T
KarenTattersall, General Manager at Bay Eden Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you Robert T for taking the time to post your review. All the staff will be thrilled to hear that their hard work and efforts are appreciated and I will make sure that your comments are passed on. The Spa facilities are indeed a welcome bonus and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed using the Spa during your stay. Thank you again for your great review we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Eden Arms in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushyford
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield

Been to Bay Eden Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!