“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rushyford
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had a 4 day national holiday very good value, good trips out. Hotel very nice and clean, nice room number 18. No complaints there. Food very mean small portions and not very well presented also very, very long wait for service. Staff none to friendly either with one exception Bret who was always friendly and helpful and the young blonde lady who served on the bar.

Room Tip: room 18 at the side
1 Thank pauline o
gm_dur, Assistant Manager at Bay Eden Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write your review and I’d like to offer you some assurances in my response. We aim to offer the full package when you come to stay with us and your evening meal is a huge part of your experience. I would like to point out that if you found the portions to be small we would have happily given you extra had you requested. With regards to your restaurant experience I can assure you that I will be addressing the reasons why you found the service below expectations. Our dining room staff work on a guest/staff ratio with a proven track record. This ensures friendly and efficient service from all the dining room team who all work with dedication and composure with a smile on their face. We appreciate the feedback as it means we can look into any issues and resolve the situation for the next time.

Kind Regards,

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

On arrival we were put in room 53. The smell of damp when entering the room was disgusting . I think this room is only used when the hotel is fully booked. We were given another room only because the people who were allocated that room had not arrived . The room we were given was a good size and very clean. All in all after the experience on arrival we had a good time, the food was adequate ,the free drinks plenty enough for normal people ,with small queues. I think the changing rooms to the pool need upgrading no locks on the lockers ,very slippery floors. The local bus service is very good ,if you go by car you can go to the big towns and cities on the bus with no problems, so take your bus pass. Room 53 is not fit for human habitation and should be upgraded without delay , don't put people in it who don't want the trouble of complaining .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 1pop
The padlocks are being replaced. I’m glad that any problems you experienced were quickly rectified and I can assure you that we are consistently updating our rooms whilst also aiming to retain the charm of an old coaching inn.
We’re glad that you had a good time and hopefully we’ll all see you again in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just returned from Party Weekend at the Eden Arms. Ina previous review there was complaints about the food the assistant manager said this problem had been addressed, I can assure her it hasn't. The food was very much below what we expect of a Shearings Hotel. I can honestly say that we only enjoyed soup when we had it. We had one evening clam shell as a main course this consisted of very very sloppy mashed potatoes with a couple of very small prawns and little bits of fish in it served with a bit of lettuce and very uneatable veg,not good, in the morning I had poached egg on ham and toast the ham was full of grissal an d the eggs were full of water.I could go on. The waiting staff worked hard but there was not enough of them so we had to wait a long time to be served. The entertainment the first night was ok but the rest I wouldn't want to comment on but the lack of people in the room says it all. I do have some positive the room was clean and big enough but why no shampoo in the bathroom. the spar we used and that was ok. On the whole would we go to this hotel again I afraid the answer is no. We go away with Shearings on average 4 times a year and this hotel was a let down mainly because of the food.

Room Tip: room 16 was large and all though it faced the road we did not hear any traffic sound
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnbda105
I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay and would like to take the time to offer you a response. We take pride in the quality of our food and check every dish going out of the kitchen. I’m disappointed that you found your food to be under par. This is unacceptable and had you mentioned this at the time I would have rectified the problem straight away. Shampoo and shower gel are available on request from reception free of charge, as are shower caps. I assure you that the issues you raise will be addressed.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Just enjoyed a midweek break at the Hotel, and whilst in general things were OK, the staffing levels in the restaurant left a bit to be desired. The restaurant staff did their best but at times the wait for service was far too long. The meals were of a decent quality without being exceptional but for the price of the All inclusive, it represented fair value. We were in room 52 which we had no complaints about, our friends were put in room 53, which as soon as you entered smelled of damp. The manageress said she thought it had been fixed, but obviously nobody had bothered to check, which is staggering if they had paid someone to fix it. I think by being fixed they meant someone had sprayed it to cover the damp smell which did not work. Given a problem like that would be a costly thing to put right, I have no doubt the room will remain the same in the foreseeable future. Our friends were put in another room and someone else was placed in that room. I think that is their way of sorting out the problem, just move anyone who complains. The pool and the jacuzzi in the Hotel were fine. We did not see any of the entertainment so I cannot comment on their quality. As I said, for the price a decent enough break.

Room Tip: As I said our room (52) was fine, but do avoid room 53
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Firstly I’d like to apologise for the confusion over room 53, if we do have a maintenance issue we will endeavour to do all we can to rectify the problem.
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our leisure club facilities and I can certainly recommend our nightly entertainment, should you choose to stay with us again.

Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. The single room was a good size, comfortable bed and a good shower over the bath. I enjoyed using the indoor pool and jacuzzi every day at no extra cost. The hotel staff were very friendly and did an excellent job of looking after us all. Plenty of choice each day for breakfast and dinner and we had good evening entertainment. My only complaint (and it certainly wouldn't stop me from staying here again) was that the towels had seen better days as they were rather thin. This hotel is good value for money and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank sumichoc
gm_dur, Assistant Manager at Bay Eden Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your kind comments which I will personally pass on to all the staff who’s hard work and commitment make the Eden Arms what it is today. We aim to provide exceptional value and quality within our comfortable Hotel and Spa throughout the year.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Would like to say thank you to our waitress Susan, I have a gluten free diet and she sorted my menu out exactly what I could have, didn't have to worry bout anything. Good single room,excellent entertainment. Staff friendly and very helpful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank LindaBrown3
gm_dur, Assistant Manager at Bay Eden Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your letter, particularly your comments regarding our staff.
You can be assured that I will pass these on personally and I’m sure Susan will be pleased to hear she has a mention.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Eden Arms.

Kind Regards

Leiston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very comfortable room at the front of the hotel with all necessities including bath with good shower over. Very clean and well serviced daily. Very nice swimming pool with reasonable changing facilities, and some enjoyable entertainment in the evening. Staff were pleasant and hard working. But the food is not good, in particular the meat, which is cooked to total tastelessness, and vegetables that look past their sell-by. Some of the vegetarian dishes were better, and the fish was also passable though served in small quantities and not well presented. It was such a good value stay, we could have afforded to eat elsewhere, though it would have meant driving after dark and I don't think there's anywhere nearby if you don't have transport. Some elements of breakfast were OK, others below par. I'd go again, but take my main meal elsewhere.

2 Thank Philippa M
Thank you for the positives, we appreciate all feedback good or bad. I’d like to take the time to address the negatives.
With regards to your thoughts on our meals, let me assure you that below standard food is entirely unacceptable and your concerns have been addressed with the catering team. We hope that your dining experience doesn’t dissuade you from staying with us again.
I hope that my response has adequately addressed your concerns.

Kind Regards

Assistant Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rushyford
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant
The Honest Lawyer Hotel
Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County
Hardwick Hall Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel

Been to Bay Eden Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!