“Do NOT stay here !”

Knoll's Court Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matlacha
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I went with the 6 trip advisor reviews when I picked this place out.
It took forever to find it on the main drag...I arrived around 1 pm...the mgr, Michelle, is a doll but that does not help the way this place is maintained.

My room was soooooooooooo dirty...it was ground into the molding where the molding hit the terrazo tile floor...The toilet was continually running ( even after I reported it to mgr)..The fan was so noisy that I had to turn it off at nite as it kept me up. The bathroom sink did not drain properly.

I reported all this the morning of the 2nd day...by that evening when I got back to my room,
NOTHING had been done. I was told that the room next to mine needed a new AC and that took precedence over my problems..I understand an AC is major but you still need to keep on top of things and fix what is broken...

In addition, after a full day of working in the hot sun, when I got back to my room, it was totally UNMADE...ie. No bed made, no new towels, ( the ones i left on the floor were still on the floor), NO bathroom cleaned, NADA NOTHING...

When I went to the husband of the mgr and asked if they cleaned the rooms daily, his response was " NOT UNLESS YOU ASK"...Excuse me , but at $90 a nite (including tax) I expect the cursory cleaning..new towels, clean bath, bed made etc..trash emptied..
NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING was done to my room.
To say I was upset was putting it mildly.

I killed bugs on the nightstand the nite before but on my 2nd nite, I moved the sheet and saw more bugs in my bed...When I pulled the mattress away from the wall, it was FILTHY..
This place needs to be reported to the health dept...

I KNOW this is not the Ritz..I didn't expect the Ritz...The location and views were perfect but the room was the pits..

Would I stay here again when i come back? NOT ON YOUR LIFE...

Room Tip: Pick another motel in the area...or even stay in Cape Coral..the only redeeming feature was the loca...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Andy S

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My second time here and it's just wonderful..."old Florida at it's best", managers Bill and Michelle will cater to your needs and help you get the most out of your stay. Billy is from the area and knows everyone and all the deals and will share his knowledge of area with you. rooms are clean and grounds are too. You can cook outside and picnic in style. Spectacular views at all times with dolphins and wildlife right in view from dock. Pet friendly and located walking distance to everything you might need.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joe F
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

Michelle and Billy were so nice. They are the best hosts. Friendly. They treated all the guests like family. CLEAN, BEAUTIFUL VIEW, A FIRE IN FIREPIT EVERY NIGHT.
BARBECUE. CONVENIENTLY LOCATED.
I can't say enough.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank blackwoods2013
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our daughter was married on October 13,2012 we decided we wanted a island style wedding and that is exactly what we had. The Managers were so amazing, we rented Knolls Court for the weekend from set up to ceremony everything was picture perfect. I would highly recomend if you are looknig for a destination wedding this is the place, THE VIEW IS AMAZING, the rooms were very clean, the rehearsel dinner, ceremony, and reception was all at this location. The groom arrived by boat and the managers were so helpful from the setup to breaking everything down. We are so greatful to Shelly and Billy for all their help thank you for making this day so special for our family!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very spacious waterside is always the way to go!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is a bright, colorful lovely clean hotel. It is also dog friendly.

My room was larger than I needed and I was able to select my level of privacy. There's a firepit out by the water where guests gather and drink. There's also an outside friedge, BBQ and picnic table available plus a dock.

I was able to walk to Bert's Bar and other places I love to visit there with ease. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank rhondakwrites
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Just needed to get away to relax for a few days. Michelle and Billy were so gracious. The place is neat, clean and even allows pets. Our unit had a full kitchen but they have a cabana that has a grill, refrigerator, etc. and it's for everyone's use. They have a dock for fishing, canoe and kayaks for your use, along with a beautiful yard with an amazing water view. It exceeded our expectations and we plan to make this our regular "Get-Away" place.

Room Tip: Unit 6 has 2 Queen beds w/couch, eating area, full kitchen and small bath w/stand-up shower. It fac...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FlaHoneymooners
Reviewed 21 May 2010

It was a late booking and Knoll's Court had a waterfront room available. So, I reserved the room with MIchelle, the current manager. She was very friendly on the phone and I had a good feeling about the place. We got to a late start driving over from the east coast of Florida. I called to let Michelle know and she left the keys for us for when we got there. I was VERY surprised with the place. It had been updated since the photos on the website. The motel is on an island between N. Ft Myers/Cape Coral and Pine Island. There isn't a whole lot of land in the area, so the parking is a bit close to the road. The town is an older area, but it was exactly what we were looking for, very "old Florida" style. The area is surrounded by other inns, motels, art shops and a bridge to fish from.

When we talked into the room, we were very happy with it. The furniture is older, but in good or decent condition. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, kitchen well equipped. After talking with Michelle a bit, she had mentioned after the season rush she is planning more updates and upgrades. The place is great as it is, but with older buildings, there is always a need for upkeep.

My only two cons about this place are the no-see-ums by the water at dusk and the proximity to the road. The no-see-ums are gonna happen close to the coast no matter what, sometimes they are there, some times they are not. So it's not the fault of the motel. Secondly, the road is close. It's not so bad for road noise at night too much, I didn't even notice it. However, getting in and out of the parking space is a bit of a challenge sometimes, but we never waited longer than a couple of minutes for a break in traffic.

All in all, I would definitely return here with the kids or for another weekend getaway with my husband. It's a nice little area and the we were treated really well by Michelle. I would also recommend this place without a hesitation!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank jrobinson79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matlacha
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
#6 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Bridgewater Inn
Bridgewater Inn
#2 of 2 in Matlacha

Been to Knoll's Court Motel? Share your experiences!