“Old Florida at its best”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayo
Cindy's Motel & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayo
Orlando, Florida
“Old Florida at its best”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My mom and I had to come to Mayo for a family funeral. There were two choices for accommodations in Mayo. One was a B&B that didn't bother to return our calls, the other was Cindy's. The rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. Free WiFI was unexpected but available. I did hate to have to keep bothering the lady in charge to answer questions like, what is the password for the WiFi and can you please unlock the ice machine but she was very pleasant. We passed a lot of parts and springs on the way out here and I think this would be an ideal location as a base from which to do some exploring in this wonderful old Florida atmosphere.

Room Tip: It is so quiet out here that any room is a good room. They all face the main highway but the motel...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lostlo45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I were meeting friends that own property in Mayo and didn't feel like "roughing it." Cindy's Motel to the rescue!

We checked in very late over Labor Day weekend, but Brenda arranged it so we could pick up our key without waking anyone up.

Just to be clear, this isn't the Waldorf Astoria, but it's clean, has all of the essentials (fridge, microwave, A/C), clean bedding and towels and a very refreshing shower. The A/C is a wall unit, but gets the job done (and the white noise helps me sleep).

For an extra $10, you can bring your pets.

The people of Mayo are very friendly and Brenda is no exception. Thank you for the wonderful stay and late check-out!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Road_Trips_ftw
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 25 May 2012

5-25-2012 ..... Pleasantly surprised! Clean as a Pin.
I was a little apprehensive when I first booked this hotel, but it was so convenient to Troy Springs. I thought we should try it. I am so glad we did. It was very clean and the whole environment was very relaxing. I would not hesitate to stay at Cindy’s Motel again. One reviewer had described it as a 1950’s motor court. It did have the charm of an “I Love Lucy” Hotel with period furniture. Everything was very clean and wholesome. The small 9 unit hotel is nestled in the shade of scores of huge oaks with lots of hanging moss.
We were greeted by a hospitable lady named Brenda. She was very interested in making our stay enjoyable. We parked just a few feet right outside unit #1. The room was larger than I expected. There was plenty of room for a roll away at the base of the 2 double beds. The mattresses were good. There was a window AC unit which did a great job of keeping the room cool. There is cable TV. We didn’t use the microwave, but the frig got cold in a hurry. The only thing I missed was a coffee maker.

We walked a block to downtown Mayo. It was supper time and most of the stores were closed. We ate at Jamie’s BBQ, which was pretty good. It was the first time I had ever had shaved BBQ pork, as we normal have our Bar-b-que sliced or pulled.

If you are Spring diving in Branford or Luraville I would highly recommend Cindy’s Hotel in Mayo Florida.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank OliverOpinion
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is an older motel, but sitll nice. We went to Mayo for diving and stayed 2 nights. The room was clean, no odors and large. There is a place to hang wet gear out front and the owners were great about having divers stay. The site has a great location as far as the springs. Every thing a person needed was there. When we go back to Mayo we will stay at Cindy's.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kdcpe
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This has to be one of the cleanest Motels we have ever stayed at. It has only 8 to 10 rooms. Old fashioned 1950's type motor court. Owners live there and are super nice. If you want a taste of what motels were like before the interstates stop here. You will have a quiet, restful, peaceful night. The cafe in front is not the best for breakfast but will do if you are in a hurry. The town is cute and worth a drive arond.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelguys2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Perry
#2 of 4 in Live Oak
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 4 in Live Oak

Been to Cindy's Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!