“Forget all other places, THIS is where you want to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capira
Posada Loma Grande Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Capira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My father and I had the pleasure of enjoying Posada Loma both before and after the owner, cook, hostess, and jack of all trades Mim renovated in a style that makes you feel comfortable in every area of the B&B. Not only did the renovations take Posada Loma to a whole new level of comfort and beauty but combine that with the comfortable rooms with exceptional bathrooms, breathtaking view (it is located high up on the mountain so the view is exceptional) and Mim's graciousness, leaving to go back home is really hard. We elected to eat many of our dinners at the Posada and they would beat any four star restaurant hands down especially since the restaurants don't have what the Posada does, a staff that takes care of your every need, delicious food, a beautiful view since you eat out on the terrace, and Mim, a very talented hostess/cook that strives to make sure that your dinner and your stay is a lovely memorable one. Can you tell I really like it there? When doing a review on Tripadvisor you have to check the box at the bottom of the page that says you have no "personal or business" relationship with this establishment: but you can't help but establish a personal relationship with Mim, she treats you like are family or like you've been life long friends. So, I will admit that I now have a personal relationship with Mim, she is a sweetheart; you'll see what I mean if you stay there.

Room Tip: There are different sized rooms so it depends on what you are looking for. There is one room that d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I spent two weeks at the Posada and enjoyed it immensely. The views are spectacular, the food fantastic and Mim and her staff are amazing hosts. The rooms are very clean and though not huge, they are well appointed and very comfortable and provide everything one needs.

Road trips to Panama City, the Canal, Chica, Punta Chame, Lake Gatun and countless other places are easily accomplished from this location within the mountains.

Days can also be spent hiking on the property, lying in a hammock, reading or Mim can arrange for massages on site. Wonderfully relaxing!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Posada Loma Grande.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friends were invited for Christmas Dinner, and the owner was kind enough to invite me as well as I had just arrived in Panama. We had an amazing dinner on the terrace, with turkey and all the trimmings, excellent company, and lots of laughs. I felt as "at home" at the Posada as I would have if I had spent Christmas with my family in Alberta.

I have taken people that I have met in Panama to the Posada for birthday dinners, for drinks in the afternoon, and to stay for a night. Mim is an excellent cook, a gracious hostess, and can't do enough for you. She ensures that you are comfortable, and you don't want to leave when the time comes. In addition to the amazing views in all directions, there is an abundance of wildlife - toucans, sloths, iguanas, geckos, and birds galore - more than I have seen in any of my other travels. The jungle surrounding the Posada, and the grounds with all the flowers, are gorgeous.

I will definitely return, and will be recommending the Posada to all of my friends and family. If you get a chance to visit, you must do so. It is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

One couldn't ask for a more gracious hostess then Mim. The rooms are spotless, the bathrooms supreme. Her cooking is superb, and is served on the front verandah. The view from there is breathtaking. If you have a few extra days to stay and would like to go fishing, she knows the perfect fishing guide. Thanks Mim, look forward to seeing you again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Posado Loma Grande for one month while in transition from Panama to Canada. What a beautiful little place, rooms are spotless, modern, and very comfortable. Breakfast and dinner are served on the large front terrace with perfect temperatures everyday and amazing ocean views. Mim is such a friendly and gracious host, she always goes the extra mile to make sure you're comfortable. The Posado is a perfect distance from the Pan Amareican highway, beaches, Coronado, and Panama City! All in an easy drive for any day trip, but far enough to still get the fresh mountain breezes. We did a little bit of hiking just down the road, and Mim also has a nice trail right on her property with amazing views at the top! If you watch very closely you can spot Tucans, monkey's, possums, and amazing colourful birds right from the terrace! Oh and one other thing, Mim is an amazing cook, her lasagna, pollo guisado (Panamanian chicken and rice dish), and cheesecake are to die for!!

To sum up our stay, it was perfect! Can't wait to go back next year and stay with Mim and the beautiful care takers family that also made our stay that much more enjoyable :)

Room Tip: Dinner is by request only so make sure you make your reservation in advance!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family decided to leave the big resorts along Santa Clara beach to head to Campana National Park. We had emailed Mim (the owner) a few days before to see if she had room for us, and luckily she did. The Inn has amazing views from all rooms, but the best view by far is from the porch. We spent all day hanging out and reading on the very comfortable and cozy porch. There are great hiking trails, many walking distance from the property. Make sure to reserve dinner in advance, and be prepared for a delicious 3 course dinner served on the amazing porch. The hotel recently underwent a huge renovation and all the bedrooms and bathrooms are beautiful. This Bed and Breakfast is not to be missed on a trip to Panama! Its the perfect spot to spend a night or two if you are anywhere near the Farralon/Santa Clara beaches or Panama City.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of being hosted by Mim in the Posada for two weeks in early February. We were well looked after by this charming and very kind and most gracious hostess. On more than one occasion she went the extra mile to ensure our comfort in this mountainside B & B.
The room was small but provided a beautiful view of the valley. The room was modern and extremely clean, and very well kept.
The location is central to Panama. We both day tripped to nearby locations and spent a couple of days away from the Posada in the more westerly part of the country.
The mountains behind the Posada provide some very interesting rainforest trekking on established trails.
The covered patio is an extremely nice place to escape the heat of the day, and watch the world go by. Or perhaps, read a book. Surf the net. Take a nap. Or do some knitting or crochet.
The staff are equally friendly and help to create a family like atmosphere.
We felt very much at home and would recommend this B & B to anyone.
Thank you Mim!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lpidkol

Been to Posada Loma Grande Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!