“Enchanting!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capira
Posada Loma Grande Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Capira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Posada Loma Grande is a place like no other, and the hostess, Mim, is among the sweetest people in the world. I imagine that Heaven is similarly beautiful. Prepare yourself to be embraced in the temperate clouds and in the company of a true CareBear.

Posada Loma Grande is just up the street from my project, Lotus Garden, which has given me the chance to visit frequently... whenever I've had guests that I wanted to impress, I simply bring them to the Posada, and Mim has never let me down.

I have recommended the Posada to friends that were searching for a special place to enjoy their honeymoon, as well as other friends that were planning to pop the big question. In every case, the couples were delighted... I truly believe that the Posada's "magic" helped "seal the deal" for the lovers.

Everyone agrees that Mim is an amazing hostess and a superb chef. She prepares every dish with love, and you can truly taste the difference.

Some of the food that Mim offers is cultivated on-site, in the Posada's lush gardens. In particular, you won't want to miss Mim's homegrown bananas and papayas. Flower lovers and bird lovers will be equally pleased... there are around 400 species of birds that are known to fly around Panama's 1st National Park, including the Harpy Eagle, Panama's National bird... powerful and majestic! As for flowers and ornamental shrubs, it seems the varieties are endless.

Posada Loma Grande is located inside the national park whose official name is "Parque Nacional Altos de Campana". The park belongs to the sector known as Limon, which is the nicest sector of the Town of Campana, which in turn is the nicest town of the District of Capira. It is unfortunate that TripAdvisor does not yet recognize Limon or Campana distinctly from Capira. Lumping these areas together has the potential to confuse travelers, since the District of Capira contains the Town of Capira as well as the Town of Campana and others... when the locals refer to "Capira", they are invariably referring to the Town of Capira, not the District of Capira.

Posada Loma Grande is child and pet-friendly. The miniature co-host, Cesar, will surely make your pooch feel welcome.

Yet the Posada is equally business-friendly, as it provides free high-speed wireless Internet to all guests. In addition, business travelers will appreciate the relatively short commute to and from Panama City.

Whether you are going alone, or with your partner, your family, your friends, your pet or your business associates, I HIGHLY recommend Posada Loma Grande. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: All rooms are newly-renovated and include brand new beds and immaculately-cleaned sheets, so you can...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank MichaelDucharme

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Posada Loma Grande is a beautiful place, surrounded by the best mountain view that you thought never see. Min the owner of the hotel is super excellent in customer relations and makes you feel very special. The place is so special to me and my girlfriend and I decided to ask her to marry there with a great lunch and that Min did we grew our stay special and memorable.

delicious lunch of pasta and a spectacular dessert of cheesecake. I will remenber forever.

Thanks Min, you are in our hearts and memories forever !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Octaviomen
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Posada Loma Grande is a jewel in the Campana National Forest near Capira Panama. Mim is a wonderful host and very helpful. She gave us wonderful ideas on places to explore. The B & B is very comfortable and has very clean rooms. The bedding is great! She introduced us to the Lotus Garden Spa & Wellness community and it's owner Michael Ducharme where I had an amazing healing Massage. We loved sitting on the deck in the evening listening to the sounds of the Forest just relaxing. We would recommend Posada to anyone going to Panama. If possible book the larger suite. It is bigger and has an awesome bathroom.

Room Tip: Bigger suite is very "SWEET" with a wonderful view of the park! There is no pool or fitnes...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vacation201471
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Posada Loma Grande has a great view and an incredible climate. The scenery and nature is spectacular. Added to this, Mim, the owner, provides with an outstanding attention and superb service. It feels familiar and cozy. Having wine and snacks on the terrace is a wonderful experience and I highly recommend you make this a must stay in Panama.

Room Tip: Call or email in advance, because this is a must and highly desired stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emilio M
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My father and I had the pleasure of enjoying Posada Loma both before and after the owner, cook, hostess, and jack of all trades Mim renovated in a style that makes you feel comfortable in every area of the B&B. Not only did the renovations take Posada Loma to a whole new level of comfort and beauty but combine that with the comfortable rooms with exceptional bathrooms, breathtaking view (it is located high up on the mountain so the view is exceptional) and Mim's graciousness, leaving to go back home is really hard. We elected to eat many of our dinners at the Posada and they would beat any four star restaurant hands down especially since the restaurants don't have what the Posada does, a staff that takes care of your every need, delicious food, a beautiful view since you eat out on the terrace, and Mim, a very talented hostess/cook that strives to make sure that your dinner and your stay is a lovely memorable one. Can you tell I really like it there? When doing a review on Tripadvisor you have to check the box at the bottom of the page that says you have no "personal or business" relationship with this establishment: but you can't help but establish a personal relationship with Mim, she treats you like are family or like you've been life long friends. So, I will admit that I now have a personal relationship with Mim, she is a sweetheart; you'll see what I mean if you stay there.

Room Tip: There are different sized rooms so it depends on what you are looking for. There is one room that d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I spent two weeks at the Posada and enjoyed it immensely. The views are spectacular, the food fantastic and Mim and her staff are amazing hosts. The rooms are very clean and though not huge, they are well appointed and very comfortable and provide everything one needs.

Road trips to Panama City, the Canal, Chica, Punta Chame, Lake Gatun and countless other places are easily accomplished from this location within the mountains.

Days can also be spent hiking on the property, lying in a hammock, reading or Mim can arrange for massages on site. Wonderfully relaxing!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Posada Loma Grande.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My friends were invited for Christmas Dinner, and the owner was kind enough to invite me as well as I had just arrived in Panama. We had an amazing dinner on the terrace, with turkey and all the trimmings, excellent company, and lots of laughs. I felt as "at home" at the Posada as I would have if I had spent Christmas with my family in Alberta.

I have taken people that I have met in Panama to the Posada for birthday dinners, for drinks in the afternoon, and to stay for a night. Mim is an excellent cook, a gracious hostess, and can't do enough for you. She ensures that you are comfortable, and you don't want to leave when the time comes. In addition to the amazing views in all directions, there is an abundance of wildlife - toucans, sloths, iguanas, geckos, and birds galore - more than I have seen in any of my other travels. The jungle surrounding the Posada, and the grounds with all the flowers, are gorgeous.

I will definitely return, and will be recommending the Posada to all of my friends and family. If you get a chance to visit, you must do so. It is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Pick a room with the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Been to Posada Loma Grande Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!