“Clean, Convenient, Service”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Alexandria, Virginia
“Clean, Convenient, Service”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

While visiting family, I took the opportunity to stay at this hotel. It is reasonably priced, sits in a great location and has all the standard amenities that one should expect from a Marriott.
Pull up to the front right after jumping off the freeway, it has a very welcoming feel. Either it is fairly new or the maintenance and upkeep are very good. As I drove past the Econolodge, I was glad I had selected the Marriott.
Very friendly service at check-in, explaining all the features and times and then a short trip up to the 4th floor. Everything was clean, functioning, pleasant looking. I really can't come up with a short-fall. The room had plenty of space, a very comfortable and large bed, plenty of good quality pillows and the not to be missed flat-screen TV. Free wireless internet was part of the package and that is always a great feature!
There was nothing to be missed in the room, save maybe a mini-bar, but then I'm not one to normally raid these either. Everything in the room and bath was clean and comfortable. It was bright, cheery and had a very nice feel. The bath, though not large, was equally clean and pleasant.
Since this was at about the middle of my trip, it was time to do laundry. A coin washer and dryer are available for guests and the soap and softener are supplied for free. That's a pretty fair deal!
Since there is an I-HOP and a Denny's right next door, I did not partake in breakfast at the hotel, though they have very generous hours. But traveling from overseas, I simply had to partake of these two venues. A Sam's club is right next door, as well as a movie theater and Melbourne Beach is but a 15 minute drive. As stated, very convenient.
The fitness area isn't expansive, but served my purposes. An elliptical trainer and some free weights is enough for me. But it was also clean and well maintained, if a little warm for an exercise area. I left my headphones behind, but the service got them back to me.
The staff are very friendly, as noted in other reviews. Always a nice welcome or good bye when crossing the lobby, or passing room service.
There is nothing to complain about with this stay, and I can recommend it in good conscience.

Room Tip: I always prefer the upper floors. W New Haven is a pretty busy street, but I was never disturbed by...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
SalesDirectorNancy, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for the nice review RGKwi. It's very appreciated especially coming from a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor like yourself. Our location is good for those visiting family, especially if they're students at Florida Institue of Technology, which is nearby. All our guests recieve our "Guest Savings" card, which offers discounts or free appetizers at nearby restaurants, free day pass for shopping at Sams Club and other goodies. Just another way we provide Marriott service to our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Washington DC
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Our car overheated bringing us to this Fairfield Inn. It was pouring rain and we expected to be able to find a nice room which was everything we hoped it to be. What we didn't expect was the exceptional level of service of the staff. Jessica at the front desk, welcomed us with an umbrella. Hearing about our car troubles she recommended a repair shop that she and other staff took their cars to. She called them for us and then suggested places that would deliver food to our room. Her suggestion was great and we felt like guests in her home. She later checked on us to ask if the food was to our satisfaction. The next morning we met Barbara Perez and told her we were taking our car in for service. She immediately suggested the same repair shop cause it is where she gets her car fixed. Told her we were set and she suggested that we come back to the hotel after dropping off the car so as not to wait in the repair shop. We did this until the noon checkout time. We stayed till noon and then sat in the breakfast area. The head of housekeeping came over and said "I didn't know you had car trouble... had I known you could have stayed in your room a little longer past noon." We told her we were fine and then Barbara and another staff worker (Italian lady) came over and asked if they could help. It was evident that they all liked their jobs. Barbara proudly showed us the hospitality award on the wall. From now on we are going to make Marriott/Fairfield Inn our #1 choice while traveling.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
What a great story CaseyDC! Having your car break down in the rain can ruin any trip. We're so glad we were able to brighten your day a little. Jessica, Barbara and the Italian lady, who is Grace, our General Manager, were happy to recommend our reliable local car repair shop, and are happy to know you made it home safe and sound.
York, Maine
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Nice parking lot with plenty of parking in front of the entrance to the lobby. Clean and well kept grounds. Nice bench to sit outside waiting for a car or just because you want to sit outside. The lobby is very nice and well kept. Nice business area to the right and the desk to the left. Got the munchies? They have some snacks and drinks for sale in the lobby. The staff is incredibly nice and very accommodating! It's unusual to find all staff to be nice and personable at any business. This place has exactly that. What a commodity!! No cranky people there during my stay. Lobby....clean. Public restroom in lobby....clean. Breakfast dining area/sitting area....clean, which also has a large screen TV. Elevator, halls, ice/vending room, pool, etc..... CLEAN!! What a relief! This is coming from someone who can tend to be a germaphobe. The rooms were not too small, had plenty of lighting and CLEAN!! The bathrooms did not make me cringe in the very least. I felt comfortable enough to walk with bare feet. Corner to corner is clean. Bedding is comfortable and they supply a surplus of pillows. I love the fact that they supply conditioner in addition to shampoo. We all know how the combination shampoo/conditioner bottles simply do not cut it. Temperature controlled rooms. Refrigerator is well kept, clean and works well. This building did not have any maintenance needs that I could readily see. The entire place is very well kept and most importantly, CLEAN!!! Now I know why it's the #1 hotel on Trip Advisor for all hotels in Melbourne. The breakfast is a standard continental breakfast with some extras. You can make waffles and/or microwave an egg and sausage sandwich, granola, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit, juice, etc. Very well maintained and kept fully stocked. By the way, the value is tremendous. Very inexpensive for what you receive.

Room Tip: No need to choose any particular room. My family and I had 3 rooms and they were all great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank StephV44
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because it was close to work. Got a room on the ground floor and it was pretty sterile looking. Painted concrete walls and very high ceilings. Tv did not have clear pictures. Seemed like the feed was from an antenna. Overall it was your basic economy lodging and was clean. Breakfast included a few cereal options, yogurt, bagels and muffins, a belgian waffle maker, and frozen jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches to microwave.

• Stayed May 2012
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is our 3rd stay here and I have nothing but GREAT things to say about it. Rooms, food & service all excellent. Of special note - Barbara Perez, one of the friendliest and most helpful hotel representatives ever. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: They have many room configurations - i.e. number and size of beds, etc. Ask when you book, if you ha...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Washington
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield last week and couldnt be happier with my stay. Barbara is just outstanding at the front desk! The manager was with her and he was very informative about the restaurants in the area. They both made me feel very welcomed. The room was very clean and breakfast was great. Every staff member was friendly! The head housekeeper was in my elevator and we had a nice talk about the hotel winning an award. I will stay here again and will be sure to refer it to my friends and co-workers. Thank you Marriott for your high standards

Room Tip: Grab a cookie when you check in they go fast!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, and had a great time. Right from check in, you can tell that the service at this hotel is top-notch. The front desk staff are very friendly and inviting. The room was excellent, very clean and well kept. There was a better than average spread of breakfast items the next morning, and the dining area was very clean and organized. Overall, it was a great experience and I will be back to this hotel for all of my future Melbourne stays.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business