“Good Hotel room w/ lots of restaurants nearby”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is a decent place with lots of restaurants nearby. There is also a large movietheater within walking distance. What I didn't like was that the property was small - the building and parking lot are nice and of considerable size, but the property itself had nothing else (e.g. no walking areas, etc). Rooms in the back overlook the road (quite close), and rooms in the front overlook the parking lot.

Considering other marriott properties of the Fairfield inn and Residence inn, this seems like an average hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Judy H, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We appreciate it very much and look forward to your next visit.

Judy

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This location was on the way to port canaveral for us. We arrive around three and got the two queen room I booked. Comfy, tons of tv channels. They had many discounts for local restaurants and we really enjoyed Shells seafood. The Fairfield had free cookies in the afternoon and free hot breakfast. No evening social. Lots of shopping nearby including malls.
Free internet although in my room the signal was poor. Lobby was fine.
I'm loyal to Marriott and would stay again. Staff is lovely.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Dana K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest:
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help you save on your Port Canaveral cruise parking right there at the port.

Our hotel is fortunate to have such a friendly staff and that they make sure to assist our guests with every need. I will share your review with them.

We look forward to your next visit offering fresh hot cookies in the afternoon and a nice hot breakfast for you and your family.

Judy Hutcherson, the new Director of Sales

Reviewed 2 January 2014

One of my pet peeves is cold reception from front desk when checking in. I feel the people behind that desk help form your first impression of the experience you're going to have at that hotel. I was unsure what to expect when we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera. I was very tired when we checked in and it was nice to get big smiles and warm hellos from the 2 ladies at the front desk. I had reservation for standard room for me and 3 young adult grand dtrs, but when they saw I use a walker they changed it to a room with hand rails and shower chair which was so helpful and much appreciated. They had cookies on the desk and joked with the grand dtrs. about all their luggage. They were great. The room was big, very clean with comfy beds. The hotel was quiet and the staff had no problem with my 3 girls sitting at one of the tables in the breakfast area to eat food they ordered locally and to play Uno for a couple hours. The breakfast included waffles and sausage gravy on biscuits, muffins, cereal... very nice. Once again the front desk staff sent departing guest off feeling like they were VIPS , with warm words of good bye and please come visit us again. While we didn't use it, the outdoor pool is heated. I hope my travels take me this way again as I look forward to staying here again.

1  Thank bluehenfan077
Dana K, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest:
We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for the nice comments. We take pride in our hotel and how we greet our guests and how we help them with any needs that might make their stay more pleasant.
We look forward to your next visit and have a Wonderful New Year.

Judy Hutcherson, in the Sales Department

Reviewed 1 January 2014

we stayed for 1 night and received a room across from the lift and ice machines. It was very noisy. There was doors banging all night long, Was glad it was just a 1 night stay.

On check out I mentioned our experience and was told by reception we cannot get everything right all of the time. Was a marriott member and they had less than 50% occupancy and was not offered an upgrade.

Had a previous stay at the hampton inn and on returning again will go back to the Hampton Inn

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
grace m, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Palm Bay/Viera, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Disappointed Guest,
After reading your review and inquiring with our staff, I am not sure that you were our guest. Since you are a Marriott member and a frequent traveler, I would really like to be able to reach out to you and apologize for our mistake, but we cannot recall your visit. We take pride in our service and can make mistakes, but I am surprise that our Front Desk attendant, a lady from Irland, would have addressed you in such a manner. If is not too much to ask, please send me a note and I will address the issue. Wishing you a Happy New Year, I thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel in December 2013 on a night where the hotel was fully booked. We were a group of 17 people which included small children and we booked five rooms. They took special care to book all the rooms together. From the moment we arrived until we left, we treated as if we were VIP's, even though the room rates were very reasonable. The breakfast was very substantial with lots of choice which included fresh muffins, waffles, eggs and sausages, coffee, hot chocolate. I will recommend this hotel to anybody.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The entire staff at this hotel goes above and beyond to ensure your stay is GREAT
The breakfast is great and the 2 ladies that prepare the food are very cheerful and a refreshing way to start the day
The front desk folks are very helpful and friendly
I asked for a microwave and just as I wheeled the luggage cart in my room the maintenance guy showed up with it
Anytime I have business in this area this is my "home"
Hats off to all who work here !!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I arrived at this hotel on 4 December 2013 and stayed until 9 December 2013. The hotel is spotlessly clean, all of the staff that I have encountered and have extremely courteous, helpful and friendly. My sincere thanks go to General Manager, Grace Mundy, and all of her team for everything that they did to make my vacation such a great one. I have no hesitation in recommending this great hotel.

Room Tip: In any hotel I always prefer to have a room on the top floor, at the end of a corridor and away from...