“Try the sushi”

Makoto
Ranked #89 of 471 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Japanese developed hibachi also known as teppanyaki-style grills hundreds of years ago. Experience the excitement and skills of our master chefs right at your table. A meal at Makoto's is one to remember. Excellent for large parties or special events, our atmosphere and fine cuisine is sure to make your event.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stopped in for a quick bite and decided to try the sushi. We never thought to try the sushi here. We had the lobster roll, pricey but very good. My wife likes the scallops here. Always get the grilled carrots if they are available. I will have to remember to try more stuff from the sushi menu, very change

Reviewed 8 August 2013

good place to go especially if you have a group of people, up to about 25 or so will fit into some of their spots, entertaining while good to eat as well!

1  Thank TheMcDowellFamily
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We went here for a Sunday lunch after a number of months or maybe a year since visiting. Our server misunderstood the appetizer request and bought our liver and shrimp appetizers before the chef came out and they were cold. I had to ask for my plum wine that came with my Makoto's dinner no less than 3 times before it was served. Our chef and server were not very friendly. The food was below average and seemed greasy and bland. It seems the overall approach and feel of this place has really gone downhill. I would not recommend anymore.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Japanese grill better than any other brand I've ever eaten at (and I've tried many around the country). We've been eating here for 30 years (except the few they were closed in the 90s after a storm collapsed the roof of the old location). They will accommodate special needs and still put out delicious foods. Chefs and serving staff are friendly. Food is fresh, healthy, amazing. I don't eat sushi but it looks impressive. Lunch is so incredibly affordable for all you get - imagine salad, liver appetizer, candied carrots, fried rice, sesame chicken, and bean sprouts for under $8. You must try it!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I went with a large group to eat here for lunch. The service was good and there was a lot of food except there was little seafood in the meal. I ordered scallops with an add on of shrimp. The entrée came to about $20 but it was mostly carrots, rice and bean sprouts with little seafood. I also found the food a bit too salty. The service was good, but the cook was not as much of an entertainer as many are. It is currently the only place in town for hibachi style food so I would go back.