“Lovely bed and breakfast...”

Crane Creek Inn Waterfront Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Melbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I headed up to Melbourne for my birthday, a getaway weekend. We stayed in the Melbourne Room and loved walking out to our own patio with furniture to relax away on while we watched the river go by. The island style decor and attention to detail really put us at ease. Andy and Bambi, the owners, were super sweet and Andy makes a mean breakfast. Awesome that it was close enough to walk to the charming historic downtown Melbourne, which we had a great time in. Great food, shops, bars and the nicest people. We are already planning when to go back!

2  Thank Rachel W

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We had a wonderful weekend of R & R at this charming Bed and Breakfast. The decor is beautiful and the breakfasts were outstanding. This is a must if you are in the Melbourne area, walking distance to downtown makes it convenient. The serene views of the canal from the room and the pool were wonderful, lots of wildlife including manatee and heron. We will definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had a very relaxing, peaceful stay. Just what we needed! The rooms were clean and the surroundings beautiful. Breakfast was great! We enjoyed our patio and also sitting by the water with a glass of wine. The pool was so clean and wonderful floats to just float around in a little paradise setting. Very close to walk to town and great places to eat and hear some good music in town!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is a fabulous B and B. The rooms are exceptionally decorated and with fantastic views. Coupled with a host who cooks the most amazing blueberry pancakes and unsurpassed hospitality, this is a must place to visit. We were awed by the location as we sat on seats overlooking the creek and watching the 'wildlife' and appreciated the first class attention to our needs from our hosts. We have run our own B and B in England and so appreciate the faultless attention to detail - this really is a fantastic place with hosts who make you feel like friends.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms!
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stumbled upon Crane Creek Inn when I was looking for a place to stay near Sebastian. I'm really glad I did because we loved our stay! I was a little worried after my husband booked our room because, from the pictures, the place seemed too good to be true. Boy was I wrong. The pictures on their website are exactly the way the place looks. It's a beautiful place. If you're going to Melbourne, want to get away, or live in Melbourne, you should stay at least one night here!

We stayed in the Ida Mae, which I HIGHLY recommend. Our flight didn't land in Orlando until around 7PM. When we were on our way to Melbourne, I called Andy to let him know we were on our way. He was so accommodating and let us know we were about an hour away. When we got to the B&B, Andy greeted us with a great welcome, showed us around the place, and showed us our room. He also showed us that the fridge was always stocked with waters, sodas, beer, and wine. There were also snacks and tea available. Coffee is available every morning. Ida Mae is in the main house, which we enjoyed the location of.

Breakfasts were absolutely great. Andy made sure that he was able to be found during breakfast, dropped whatever he was doing, and came to the dining room to ask what he could make us. You can eat in the dining room or at your outdoor patio. We ate at the dining room every morning. Prior to our arrival, my husband let Andy know that I'm on a gluten free diet. Don't be afraid of letting him know your needs. He is so accommodating. He bought a loaf of GF bread so that I could have toast with my breakfast. I loved his omelets. I only wish I could make them as well. I had an omelet with mushrooms. So good.

We were gone for most of the day while we stayed here. We did spend a good amount of time in our room on Tuesday though. There are a boat load of DVD's to watch. We watched one, planned on watching a second but never got around to it. We swam twice, which was great. We had the pool to ourselves. There is a boardwalk right on the river, with lots of chairs to sit and watch the birds and the little lizards.

Andy also let us know that if there was anything we needed at all, to let him know. This was the first time I stayed at a genuine bed and breakfast and it far exceeded my expectations. I would love to open and B&B of my own and staying at CCI only makes me want to more.
I'm telling you, you need to stay at Crane Creek Inn, I promise you, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ida Mae is very romantic, but is in the main house and further from the water.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband & I searched for weeks to find the perfect vacation spot near the ocean, quiet & without kids (even other people's!) A lot of complaints we saw regarding big resorts were cleanliness & having to deal with loud children/college students & huge parking/towel/beach usage fees on top of booking rates. My husband was a little nervous to try a B&B thinking there may be a lack of privacy, but I booked it anyhow & we are so glad we did.

We chose the largest room (Marigot Suite) with the full kitchen & door straight to the pool. It was the perfect room choice for us.

The entire B&B is decorated as if you just walked into a Better Homes & Gardens magazine. It was quirky, interesting & done so well. We were very impressed with the maintenance of the inside & outside.

I cannot emphasize how CLEAN it is. I am kinda a germaphobe & I am not exaggerating when I say you would be hard pressed to find a speck of dust in our room. I honestly meant to take a picture of behind the sink & toilet, as it was so clean you could have eaten off the floor. Housekeeping was respectful & consistent & exceeded expectations.

Andi & Bambi & family are helpful, friendly & available without being annoying, nosy or pushy. They were really cool people & had plenty of great advice on things to do & what you may want to skip in the area. They even have a local massage therapist available that will come out to the Inn :)

We stayed the entire week of July 4th & were the only people around to catch the fireworks, which you have a perfect view of from the hammock/hot tub. It was the first July 4th I have been able to spend with my husband who is often deployed & it was amazing & memorable.

The deck furniture is all clean & heavy-duty-no cheap stuff. Plenty of room for all guests- we played some games on a gorgeous, slightly windy evening & got to see dolphins putting on a show for us in the creek. I have never seen one so close!

We did the beach one day, Andy was kind enough to have umbrellas & beach chairs on hand, not to mention towels.

The pool was clean & had floats & a built-in seating area & was well-lit & pretty at night.

Complimentary water, pepsi, wine, etc. was awesome & unexpected.

Breakfast was included & a great start to every day. I am pregnant & Andy made sure to cook all my eggs/meat etc. thoroughly. Omelettes "all the way" were delicious & on "lighter" mornings fresh fruit was appreciated. Coffee available at 7 in addition to selection of juices.

I would like to say please realize the extremely few bad reviews this B&B has are from previous owners, Andy & Bambi have worked very hard to make this place a gem! Please also realize when reading the reviews that some people are absolutely impossible to please & will find fault in things beyond the owner's control such as the weather or something else silly.

You will absolutely not be disappointed if you are looking for a romantic, quiet getaway!

Room Tip: Marigot suite :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PracticalOptimists
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We only stayed the one night at Crane Creek Inn but Andy's hospitality from the moment we arrived until our depature next morning was excellent. We could not fault the Ida Mae room which was superbly decorated and extremely comfortable with its own veranda/ deck overlooking the creek and pool area.

We sampled Andy's pancakes at breakfast and in our humble opinion they were the best we had during our tour of Florida in addition the complimentary drinks were a welcome surprise and much appreciated - something which we have not found in many other B&B's.

Crane Creek Inn is located within 5 minutes walk of the historic downtown area of Melbourne with plenty of restaurants - menus available for these from Andy.

The only slight issue was we initially drove past the house - missing the sign on the side of the building - however this in no way detracted from our stay and teaches you not to trust the GPS !!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Been to Crane Creek Inn Waterfront Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!