I came to Melbourne, Florida for a 2 week work related training and this is where the company booked me. I thought it would be a long boring and lonely two weeks but it turned out to be a great experience, most of it because of what the other trainees and I experienced while staying here. We were out all day for the classes and back in the afternoon in time for a short nap before going down to the hotel's patio which has a beautiful view of the ocean right in front of you. You can either go to the beach through a short and direct access or hang out in the patio where there is an abundance of chairs and tables. There is also an inside and outside bar. Art and Pete are the best bartenders there and took good care of us.
The restaurant food is not like any regular hotel food. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. I love the calamari, tuna sashimi appetizer and the seafood chowder soup which I repeatedly ordered throughout my stay there. The only thing I didn't like was that I think the breakfast offerings were limited and pricey.
The patio could get really busy and fun on Wednesday night (Jazz night) and FRiday night (a great one man band). If you had a rum runner or two, you can join the couples dancing at the front. I was out of town on the weekend but i heard the patio was teeming with people and there was music too.
Almost all of the waiters and waitresses were very friendly and accommodating too (I remember Sarah who was efficient and friendly). Housekeeping, maintenance and shuttle drivers were all great!!! The front desk staff were awesome! They cater to your need immediately and even go beyond what i requested or asked.
My most memorable experience here though was waking up early every morning and running along the beach (which is just a few steps away from your room), looking for turtle tracks and turtles nesting. (You are educated on the hotel welcome packet in your room how to treat this threatened specie of turtles). We even went out in the middle of the night to watch the turtles come ashore and lay their eggs. This was truly an amazing experience and probably the highlight of my entire 2 week stay.
We all came here as strangers and left as friends. The evenings hanging out in the patio with our rum runners (again thanks to Pete and Art!) and turtle stalking experiences made the two weeks short, fun and memorable!
BTW, for those who love taking pictures - i took great pictures of the sunrise, the sunset, the birds and the turtles...and for the sweet tooth, there's a chocolate and ice cream store by the elevator that is open till 10pm ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel is located on Florida's Space Coast within minutes of Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Brevard Zoo, Washington Nationals Baseball, Port Canaveral, world class golf courses, and is just one hour from Orlando, Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios. Business travelers visiting Harris Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Intersil, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rockwell Collins, Patrick Air Force Base or NASA will find Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel the perfect location to meet, relax and work with over 16,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from the Melbourne International Airport and complimentary high speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel offers large selection of guest rooms ranging from standard rooms that overlook the courtyard to coastal rooms that look up and down the ocean to elegant oceanfront guest rooms and suite with private balconies. Enjoy a delicious meal at MARiSOL, our oceanfront restaurant, or a refreshing cocktail in Surfside Lounge, our oceanfront bar and deck. When evening comes, enjoy the warm ocean breezes while relaxing to live music on our one of a kind, 6000sq.ft. Ocean Deck, the best oceanfront deck in all of Brevard County. A popular spot for hotel guests to mingle with locals as the Crowne Plaza offers live entertainment on the oceanfront deck Thursday's, Friday’s and Saturday’s, March through August. Resort style amenities and most direct beach access of any Melbourne Beach hotel makes the Crowne Plaza Melbourne a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Florida