“Favorite Hotel on the Beach”

Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Florida
“Favorite Hotel on the Beach”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Have brought the family here for summer getaways, and for Christmas and New Year events for twenty years. Stayed here frequently while attending Florida Institute of Technology. Many of the staff have been there forever - gracious, friendly Space Coast folks. Pleasant, enjoyable, great location on the beach, the consistency of care expected of a Crown Plaza. Tasty restaurant fare. Nice pool.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ErinKathleenSands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Checked in for a 2 night stay to visit family. Rachel at the front desk was very helpful. Checking in was quick and painless. I had an ocean view, which was spectacular!! The room was clean and very comfortable. I had the pleasure of eating dinner on the deck, and even though the wind was a bit crazy that evening, our server, Sara, made the all the difference!! She was funny and personable, and treated me like she had known me for years. I saw she was this way with her other tables as well. She made it such a fun experience! I had desert at kilwin's and even though I found the girl working there to be unfriendly, the treats were delicious! Overall, great experience. Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The location is very nice right on the ocean. The hotel is in good shape but laid out kind of oddly. My room overlooked a kind of courtyard but right across the way into another guest room. The balconies are small and depending on where your room is, you can get a view of the ocean. The air conditioning unit was old and noisy. The room could use a refresh of the mechanicals. Service in the restaurant for dinner was okay, not great. The food was okay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathleen103
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Kathleen103,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear you found our location very nice. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it is regrettable we fell short of your expectations during your stay. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. We value your feedback and we hope to have another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 October 2013

i have been going to this place for at least 25 years. It is not a touristy place. It is convint to lots of tour spots. I try ti go down at least 2 times a year staying for 3 weeks each time. I get a room in the north tower on the north side. From this room I can see the ocean(and hear it) sitting on the balconly or in the room. There are lots of nice places to eat on the beach side and only a few minites away in Melbourne. The staff are thoughtly careing people. Every one from the grouond keepers up.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Phyllisdean G
Kaylyn C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Phyllis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your visits, and we are always sad to see you leave. I hope the winter isn’t too harsh this year but if you need to thaw out you know where to find us. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. We hope to see you soon!

Kaylyn
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the night of 11/12 September 2013. At 01.15 in the morning, the fire alarm went off - a scary prospect! We evacuated to the front of the hotel but there was no member of the hotel staff present. No roll call was taken, no confirmation that the hotel was on fire or otherwise, no advice given on safety precautions to be taken. Nothing!
The fire station was almost opposite the hotel. Approx 7 minutes later a tender arrived and a fireman went into the building. Some 20 -30 minutes later, guests started trickling back into the hotel but at whose invitation was anybody's guess. There was no explanation from the lone female desk clerk and there were no other members of staff to be seen. We made the assumption therefore that a real fire had not occurred. As an exercise in carrying out a hotel fire evacuation this was beyond dismal!!!
No apology was offered and no recompense for a significantly disturbed nights sleep given that I had to depart at 04.30 to catch a flight. You can form your own judgement on this and it will be interesting to see how the management respond. At the very least they should explain whether there was a fire, who or what set the fire alarm off and offer an apology.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Martyn F
Kaylyn C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I would like to start by offering a sincere apology for the disturbance you encountered during your stay. We always have our guest’s safety in mind, and we take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously. We value your feedback as it enables us to further improve our quality and services. We hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza while in Melbourne on business. My colleague and I opted for a stay at the beach rather than a Hampton that was much closer to our client. The gain of staying at the beach was not worth the drive.

The hotel is ok but not great. My room was an "ocean view" on the 7th floor so I did get a decent view of the ocean over the top of the building next to me but any lower floor would have had a nice view of the rooms across the way. The furniture in my room as in decent shape but straight out of the 70's in its style. Tiny, tiny bathroom. The toilet is so wedged between the tub and the sink with no room on either side. The vanity was so small that I kept my toiletries in the other room for fear they would fall in the toilet!

In spite of the above, I was on my way to giving them 3 stars until last night when they had a band playing by the pool. They started about 5:30 and played until after 9pm. Way too loud and not very good sum up the experience! I like good music but this was so bad that I ended up calling the front desk at 8:30pm to inquire as to when they would stop. I got a mumbled apology and was told that they would be done at 9pm! I get that they want music at the poolside bar but there's got to be a better way that blasting the music to all the rooms that face the pool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NapaWineLover
Kaylyn C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We regret our room accommodations fell below your expectations this time. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and appreciate the feedback we receive as it is crucial to improve our products and services. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Well I came back to the hotel I said I would never again give business to. They have redeemed themselves. Our room is just as we requested and wonderful I might add. It's raining outside but the accommodations more than make up for the weather. Please, if you decide to stay at this hotel, do yourself a favor a book the oceanfront suite.
I wanted to give this property another chance because it is our favorite in the area. The thought of not coming back was sad. Thank you Kailynn, Jared and hotel staff great customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
I just wanted to say thank you for your great comments, they mean the world to the staff and myself. I apologize it took my response wasn't sooner. I hope there is another “staycation” is in your near future. Thank you for giving us a 2nd chance we hope to see you soon.

Kaylyn Corbin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!