“We Had a Nice Stay”

Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here for a planning retreat and enjoyed our time. The hotel was very clean and quiet. Beach views and access were wonderful and we were able to enjoy the ocean breeze the entire time. The breakfast was good and had plenty to choose from. All of the conference rooms we sued were nice and well equipped for our needs. The room was very nice with a clean, comfortable bed and all amenities we needed. We even had a balcony to watch the night away. We would go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel! Staff was kind and helpful. We were treated like royalty. Right on a spectacular beach. Rooms were clean and quite comfortable. Pool and hot tub a treat. Close to great restaurants and activities that are family friendly. Will come back again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We picked the Crowne Plaza because they had a beautiful outside deck that rests delicately against the ocean. Our guests loved the view-even on a cloudy day.

The hotel has renovated the building and the new colors are bright, light and "happy." All rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, The ballrooms are also very modern.

At first, I hated the idea of a ballroom reception, but after viewing the Crowne, I loved the idea of the ceremony and cocktail party on the deck outside and then using the ballroom for the reception. It was a great change of scenery. I had 80 guests (all out of town) and had plenty of room for the cake, DJ, photo booth and dance floor in the smaller ballroom.

Lauren, the wedding coordinator and Allie, in guest services were wonderful. VERY organized and answered all my questions very quickly.The wedding packages are not only affordable, but all the packages offer tons of food. Lauren will work with whatever you want, so if you want to change the menu slightly, she will get it done. We had a few minor changes three days before our wedding and Lauren was right by our side to make sure everything was completed.

As I mentioned Allie, in guest services, she was a wonderful help with planning the guest rooms, gave us updated guest lists often and was extremely professional if any issues occurred (only one very minor room issue and the problem was quickly solved). I would also like to mention the Bartender that week (Arty, I believe) he bought my husband and I a round when we first arrived at the hotel.

The Hotel is located in a wonderful community. I was beyond happy having my wedding there, so were my guests. My guests flew from OH & WI and they had tons to do. they relaxed on the beach, took surf lessons, went to the Kennedy Space Center, went golfing, etc..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bridget B
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Actually, we never got to stay here… But Rachel at the front desk was really understanding and pleasant when I called a bit after the deadline for cancellation to explain the very unusual circumstances why we weren't making it to the hotel. In my stress, it was so great to be heard by a real human being who was gracious and generous and relieved my mind of one care.

So I give this place an excellent rating for having real and caring people at their front desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kaylyn C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy when a guest lets us know about the wonderful service they received. As soon as I read your comments, I immediately posted it for Rachel and the rest of the front desk staff to see and to ensure she is recognized for her efforts. Thank you again and hopefully you will be able to visit us in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel suited my needs well for a place to stay near Melbourne and Patrick Air Force Base. I wouldn't chose the hotel as a vacation destination, though.

My room was nicely appointed and clean, and the bed was comfortable. My room faced north, so I had a view up the coast and could listen to the surf (and the traffic on A1A) while I slept.

The hotel is right on the beach and the water was 75 in November, a treat after 60 degree water in SoCal. However, reefs make it tricky to get into the water. You don't want to dive into a wave, or you risk cracking your head on a rock.

The décor in the lobby is sort of goofy. I think the mishmash of furniture style was supposed to be chic, but reminded me of a house furnished from garage sales.

A few deficiencies didn't seem up to the usual standard of Crowne Plaza. For example, the gate between the swimming pool and the ocean was broken, so I had to jump the fence to get to the beach. A mouse was missing from one of the business center computers, and there was salad on the floor of the elevator on my last morning. The latter two items may have been the result of a group of about 30 high school soccer players staying at the same time. Also, front desk staff seemed to take action when I pointed these things out.

Room Tip: get an oceanfront room and listen to the surf while you sleep
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kaylyn C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we value our guest’s feedback. I am pleased to see your concerns were addressed during your stay by our front desk staff. I am happy to report our pool gate has been fixed, thanks again for letting us know, and in the case of the missing computer mouse,it has been solved and returned. I do hope if your travels bring you to the Melbourne area you will chose to stay with us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

There really isn't anything super wrong with this hotel it just wasn't great. We had an ocean front room that was on the second floor which was very average. The front desk wasn't super helpful in getting us what we wanted. We were actually suppose to be grouped with the wedding party but we were misinformed because we were in another building! The hotel bar is terrible. Bad service, bad atmosphere. It is in walking distance or short shuttle ride to a few bars which worked out great. If I were to stay in the area again I would check out the Hilton or Radisson. Both of those look a bit better than this place.

Room Tip: If you get ocean front you defintely want to tell them you want level 4 or higher. We were on level...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Kaylyn C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are disappointed your stay fell below your expectations due to room location and service in the lounge. We strive to give the best hospitality on the beach. We welcome all comments and suggestions, as they will help us improve. If your travels bring you back to our area we hope that you will give us the opportunity to show how great our property can be.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great service, Caribbean/American/or Childrens food choices, atmosphere is tremendous at the outside bar, enjoyed Easter this year in 2013 as I did not go out of town. Crowne Plaza has done a great job of replacing Holiday Inn Oceanfront, that too was my second home here locally lived through some hurricanes that's when I had a rather large cell phone, part of H.I.O. came down and the roof was on the ocean, and it was a meeting place for our scuba diving, some of those years. I probably watched Holiday Inn Oceanfront Melbourne be constructed and threw some great parties during the construction. It's replacement is still exciting, Crowne Plaza, the food taste great, the rooms are spacious, tasteful, and well done, thank you for all your service and attention. When I don't feel good I check into Crowne Plaza and lay in bed, read a book, rest, and order room service. Hope to see you maybe at Christmas. Mahi-Mahi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

We love when our guests have an absolutely fantastic time staying with us, and are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel amenities. Thank you for sharing your experiences with other travelers. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Residence Inn Melbourne
Residence Inn Melbourne
#9 of 22 in Melbourne

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!