I have traveled around quite a bit for business and pleasure in my life and rate this stay along my most memorable. This trip was combined business and pleasure for me and I was able to bring my wife and kids. There was one employee that really stood out to us; Simon. He is in charge of everything food and drink related. We saw him there at 6am and also at 11pm every day we stayed. He remembered us by name, always had recommendations and was so knowledgeable about everything. He even helped us printing out boarding passes in the business center. The liquor and wine they carry is the best I have seen anywhere. Please ask for Simon if you are staying at the hotel. Another memorable employee was Kaylan at the front desk. She always smiled and was such a pleasure to deal with. She also put us in the perfect room. We had a great view of the ocean and the evening live music. Our kids, 6 and 12 year olds, loved dancing to the live music right on the beach. Simon also gave them Crowne Plaza frisbees with their kids meals which I thought was a nice touch. We were all sad to leave but we will be back in August. Oh, and they have a fudge shop inside the hotel. It is only open at night and not in the day which is not great for kids. Sugar them up at night and they don't want to go to sleep. My only negative comment is that I felt the gym was outdated, hot and equipment old. My wife and I love to exercise every morning but skipped it during our stay. There again, we far enjoyed jogging on the beach to being inside on a treadmill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel is located on Florida's Space Coast within minutes of Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Brevard Zoo, Washington Nationals Baseball, Port Canaveral, world class golf courses, and is just one hour from Orlando, Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios. Business travelers visiting Harris Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Intersil, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rockwell Collins, Patrick Air Force Base or NASA will find Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel the perfect location to meet, relax and work with over 16,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from the Melbourne International Airport and complimentary high speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel offers large selection of guest rooms ranging from standard rooms that overlook the courtyard to coastal rooms that look up and down the ocean to elegant oceanfront guest rooms and suite with private balconies. Enjoy a delicious meal at MARiSOL, our oceanfront restaurant, or a refreshing cocktail in Surfside Lounge, our oceanfront bar and deck. When evening comes, enjoy the warm ocean breezes while relaxing to live music on our one of a kind, 6000sq.ft. Ocean Deck, the best oceanfront deck in all of Brevard County. A popular spot for hotel guests to mingle with locals as the Crowne Plaza offers live entertainment on the oceanfront deck Thursday's, Friday’s and Saturday’s, March through August. Resort style amenities and most direct beach access of any Melbourne Beach hotel makes the Crowne Plaza Melbourne a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Florida