“Oceanfront Fun”

Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in town for my daughters graduation from Satellite Beach. This place is centrally located to all the venues we needed to attend. Fun place to hit the beach with family and friends. The sun rise and sun sets are magnificent.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main tower.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been staying at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne for a long time and my stay has been excellent.The STAFFING are all friendly and willing to assist. Thanks for agreat stay.
I want to personally thank the staff------Rachael, Stephanie,Gina,John,Guy, Nick P. Sally,Shawn,Jared, Scott and Kaylyn plus the house keeping team!!!!
Thank you all for a great STAY. You all have been so HELPFULL.
Again Thank You.
Helen Gertzen

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter. But all of the rooms are good and very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was a very nice and clean hotel right on the beach. Has a great patio out back to watch the ocean and people and have a drink. When I was here, they also had live entertainment on the patio. I would stay here again. Thought it was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a prime location for tourists. The ocean views, sunrises, sunsets, & local restaurants, some even deliver. The beds were comfy, rooms were clean, price was affordable & service was great. Overall the hotel could use some updates. Mostly because of the noise of kids running just outside our room. Other than that wouId definitely stay there again & again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights , great location right on the beach. But nothing special. The beach has a large rock/reef , there is one warning sign that something is out there, but no flag indicating where it was located. So the first day there my husband cut his knee open. Only glad it wasn't his head. Had breakfast at the restaurant on property, only 4 tables occupied, waitress brought our juice, 40 min later our breakfast dishes, and then disappeared. No refill no additional ice, didn't even bring my bill. After waiting another 40 min I walked inside and had another waitress print my bill. Thought I would have to clear my own table and do the dishes too. The room had a defective lock so to get into the room was a constant issue. Seems like a lot of cosmetic things can be done. And being close to the water many things are rusted and ugly looking. Had good experience at other Crowne Plazas but won't be returning to this location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee R
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for the service you received in our restaurant. I am also sorry to hear your husband injured himself on the rocks. Perhaps you are right one sign stating reef rocks isn’t enough. We take all guest comments and opinions into consideration and value the feedback we receive, as it will help us improve. I hope that you will consider giving our hotel another opportunity to prove how enjoyable a stay at our property can be.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed 4 months at this hotel and the total experience was wonderful! The front desk staff -Sally, Kaylyn, Jared, Rachel, Stephanie, Scott, John were all like friends to me. They are intelligent, courteous, resourceful and had all the answers to my needs. The exercise room is well equipped and provides all of the torture one could ask for......The beds are great, and the housekeeping ladies are attentive perfectionists.......my room sparkled every day. The very large, oceanfront deck provides a great place to have a drink, read a book or take a nap and many evenings there is live music. The beach is large, clean and uncrowded. Overall I give this hotel and staff the highest marks; I will certainly return as often as I can.

Room Tip: Best rooms are in North Tower, ocean front or ocean view. The balconies are great and the views are...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank William N
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been staying at this property now for 14 years and when traveling in the area for business it's the only place to stay while visting the Space Coast !
What's ironic I stay here on my pleasure trips as well ! The staff from Lee the maintence tech to Sally,Kaylyn and Stephanie and let's not forget John the bellman has always made me feel right at home. The food is always good and the drinks cold ! The easy beach access and large pool very relaxing. Plan your next business or vacation trip at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne . Good job CrowneTeam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Book beach front if possible, still a good room if beach front is unavailable
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Residence Inn Melbourne
Residence Inn Melbourne
#9 of 22 in Melbourne
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!