“York/Schalk Wedding”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Spencerport, New York
“York/Schalk Wedding”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As the Father of the Bride, I have to say that this was a grrrrrreat experience. We had a block of rooms and I for one thought everything was great!! From the housekeeping staff to the front desk to the dining room, to the deck to the beach even to the front door......I found everyone friendly and willing to do what was needed.....and done with a smile and a thank you!!

The only name I remember was Nicole at the front desk. She was very friendly, very knowledgeable and answered all my questions with a smile. The entire staff was great with me and my family.

I walked my daughter down the dunes to be married. The setup was great and the wedding coordinators were excellent.....had everything under control. We had a great time watching my daughter and fiance take their vows.

As I was with my single son and married son and grandson, I saw lots of the pool and beach. The beach was quite clean and those watching over were ever vigilent and friendly and helpful. Lots of info on the beach conditions. Pool area was clean and enjoyable. The only thing wrong was that we couldn't get my grandson out of the pool......age 3 yrs!! :>))

The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. They even helped collecting my Tuxes the day after.....all with a smile!! Internet worked great. Restaurant was also excellent. The breakfasts were great as were the evening meals.....and reasonable in price. The service at all times was with a smile and politeness. Also the view of the ocean was great.

Thank you for making my daughter's wedding a wonderful success and our stay pleasant. May the Lord bless you in the coming days for all you've provided for me and my family!!

God Bless......Jack York

1 Thank jack y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were a little disappointed by this hotel as it didn't meet our expectations in terms of accommodation and service that we have experienced at many other Crowne Plaza hotels in the US and elsewhere around the world. It was ok for one night though the aircon was noisy and had to be switched off, also the bathroom was tiny and the beds seemed narrow. The beach was also a disappointment and there were signs warning of dangerous currents for swimmers. Overall not what we expected.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed that your stay fell below your expectations. I hope that if you find yourself back in area that you will give our hotel another chance. Thank you again and please travel safe.
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the crowne plaza and got married on the beach there. It's always a great place. We've stayed at a few different ones. The rooms are wonderful and the view spectacular. We're usually beachside and get an ocean view.the customer service is wonderful they will do whatever they can to make your stay great. Never had a bad stay

Room Tip: The top floor ocean side. It has a wrap around balcony with ocean view. AMAZING!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizzyborden4202
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at Crowne Plaza's all over this world and I can tell you, this is absolutely NOT a Crowne Plaza by any standard that defines one other than name (and I'm not sure how they got that or how they keep it!)...

This is my third stay here and the first two were no better. I actually had no intentions of going back but my S/O booked the room.

When we arrived, we couldn't get a parking space... OK, it was Memorial Day weekend but that wasn't the problem. The problem is that the hotel opens their pool and beach to the public and the general public overruns the place and the hotel keeps no spots for paying customers.

The pool was crowded and the water murky... after the sun set 80% of the people packed into their cars and left... And forget getting an umbrella or beach chairs... the public had those too! And believe it or not, they don't close the pool... there were kids down there screeching at 11:30 at night.

You want to open your place to the public? Great! But when the public overruns the place and the paying customers can't enjoy what they paid to enjoy, you have a serious problem!

As for the room itself, the knob to adjust the shower was barely hanging on, wall paper was peeling in the bathroom, the automatic door closer was broken and half the time we couldn't get the door open or closed.

Front desk? Hmm... twice I had to go back and get my key fixed because it wouldn't open the door... no biggie except I'm in the south tower, 4th floor and the slow elevators made it a 10 minute round trip to the front desk.

Food? I had two meals there: Asian wings which were so overcooked they were almost too hard to eat... I was starved so I ate them. Breakfast... I specifically asked that my over-medium eggs not come out fried hard and rubbery... betcha can't guess what I got! Yup! (Don't talk sending them back, it took 15 minutes to round up the waitress to begin with... she apologized because she was not only waiting on tables but running food to the rooms! REALLY????)

There were three bright spots: Tony who runs the beach concession was awesome and a waiter named Lou... both completely stellar. Our maid was about as great and nice as they come. Very friendly and very efficient. Other than those three... I wasn't impressed.

My advice? If you wanna stay beach side, stay at the HIlton, its less than a mile away and a far, far, far better hotel and as a Hilton it will meet your expectations. This was my last stay at this place.

Room Tip: North tower, southern view has balconies... south tower just has tables and chairs sitting outside y...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phil P
Kaylyn C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. We take all comments very seriously, as they help us improve the services and hospitality we offer our guests. Thank you for your kind words regarding Tony and your housekeeper I will be sure to let them know. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Charlotte
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in town for my daughters graduation from Satellite Beach. This place is centrally located to all the venues we needed to attend. Fun place to hit the beach with family and friends. The sun rise and sun sets are magnificent.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main tower.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been staying at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne for a long time and my stay has been excellent.The STAFFING are all friendly and willing to assist. Thanks for agreat stay.
I want to personally thank the staff------Rachael, Stephanie,Gina,John,Guy, Nick P. Sally,Shawn,Jared, Scott and Kaylyn plus the house keeping team!!!!
Thank you all for a great STAY. You all have been so HELPFULL.
Again Thank You.
Helen Gertzen

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter. But all of the rooms are good and very clean.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was a very nice and clean hotel right on the beach. Has a great patio out back to watch the ocean and people and have a drink. When I was here, they also had live entertainment on the patio. I would stay here again. Thought it was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront? Share your experiences!