There was nothing super memorable about this hotel other than a completely trashed guy trying to get the elevator to go up at 1:30 in the morning. After the guy fell into the wall and started swinging aggressively, I decided it was a situation probably best handled by security. The front desk person called someone to assist. This, of course, was no fault of the hotel -- and they sent someone to make sure the guy was okay and got back to his room.
Elevator incident aside, the hotel was quiet and clean for an overnight. The bed was comfy and there was a bottle of water in the room. The bathtub handle was broken and the room was a bit rough around the edges, but nothing would keep me from staying again if the price was right.
There was no recognition or upgrade on account of my platinum status, although given my rate I wasn't exactly expecting it. I was given a room overlooking the air conditioners. It even had a small porch so I could enjoy the ambiance. :)
That's about it... A fine stay with decent service, and I'd probably stay again if the price was right. Just don't expect luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel is located on Florida's Space Coast within minutes of Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Brevard Zoo, Washington Nationals Baseball, Port Canaveral, world class golf courses, and is just one hour from Orlando, Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios. Business travelers visiting Harris Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Intersil, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rockwell Collins, Patrick Air Force Base or NASA will find Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel the perfect location to meet, relax and work with over 16,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from the Melbourne International Airport and complimentary high speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel offers large selection of guest rooms ranging from standard rooms that overlook the courtyard to coastal rooms that look up and down the ocean to elegant oceanfront guest rooms and suite with private balconies. Enjoy a delicious meal at MARiSOL, our oceanfront restaurant, or a refreshing cocktail in Surfside Lounge, our oceanfront bar and deck. When evening comes, enjoy the warm ocean breezes while relaxing to live music on our one of a kind, 6000sq.ft. Ocean Deck, the best oceanfront deck in all of Brevard County. A popular spot for hotel guests to mingle with locals as the Crowne Plaza offers live entertainment on the oceanfront deck Thursday's, Friday’s and Saturday’s, March through August. Resort style amenities and most direct beach access of any Melbourne Beach hotel makes the Crowne Plaza Melbourne a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Florida