We took a weekend break to the beach and to see some friends in Melbourne.
The hotel is nice and clean. Rooms were okay. Check in was fast. We got a room overlooking (sideways) the beach, the pool and the bar deck. Note if you get a room in the second tower there is no balcony but you can sit out the front of the room.
Wife said the room smelt funny (I didn't think so), front desk was very courteous and moved us straight away. This time I got a view of the highway and the AC units. Last time I let my wife complain!
Rooms had a fridge and microwave which was nice. Room was back by the road but we had no issues with noise.
We had vouchers for breakfast and the buffet was very good. Service was good to although Erica could be more friendly!
Beach is nice, umbrellas ($35)and canopy s ($45) can be rented.
Over all we had nice stay at the hotel. Staff were friendly and pretty helpful. Bar/patio area is probably one of the best on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel is located on Florida's Space Coast within minutes of Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Brevard Zoo, Washington Nationals Baseball, Port Canaveral, world class golf courses, and is just one hour from Orlando, Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios. Business travelers visiting Harris Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Intersil, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Rockwell Collins, Patrick Air Force Base or NASA will find Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel the perfect location to meet, relax and work with over 16,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from the Melbourne International Airport and complimentary high speed Internet access throughout the hotel. Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel offers large selection of guest rooms ranging from standard rooms that overlook the courtyard to coastal rooms that look up and down the ocean to elegant oceanfront guest rooms and suite with private balconies. Enjoy a delicious meal at MARiSOL, our oceanfront restaurant, or a refreshing cocktail in Surfside Lounge, our oceanfront bar and deck. When evening comes, enjoy the warm ocean breezes while relaxing to live music on our one of a kind, 6000sq.ft. Ocean Deck, the best oceanfront deck in all of Brevard County. A popular spot for hotel guests to mingle with locals as the Crowne Plaza offers live entertainment on the oceanfront deck Thursday's, Friday’s and Saturday’s, March through August. Resort style amenities and most direct beach access of any Melbourne Beach hotel makes the Crowne Plaza Melbourne a popular choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Florida