“Nice & relaxing”
Review of Brevard Zoo

Brevard Zoo
Ranked #1 of 111 things to do in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Brevard Zoo is home to more than 650 animals, representing 165 species. Feed gentle giraffe and lorikeets, go kayaking or take a paddle boat ride and ride the train. Get wet in Paws On, enjoy daily animal encounters and be sure to experience our rhino encounters.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Brevard Zoo is a better than average zoo. If you want a change from the busy Orlando attractions, then this is the place for you. It has more to offer than the Sanford, FL zoo.
That being said, after visiting the San Diego Zoo, none have compared to its greatness.
Parking is free, a plus in my book. Even though I was told on the phone they didn't offer AAA discount, I went ahead and asked at the window when we paid, and they did, indeed, offer the discount. My husband and I enjoyed the animals and the day.

2  Thank flsnowwhite
Write a ReviewReviews (2,065)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good variety of animal exhibits. We had a good time. The zip line was the Best! The animals were upbeat, & alert. I'd recommend this zoo to anyone traveling the area!

1  Thank Jenni W
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We enjoyed our day so much that we became Members that same day! We enjoy the layout of the zoo and the food that was offered was delicious too. Our highlights of the day were feeding the lorikeets, giraffes and stingrays. There are cheetahs, rhino's, alligators, meerkats and lots of exotic animals we had never seen. If you want to relax, you can take a kayak or paddle boat out for a ride. If you have little ones, there is a kiddie pool and play area and a petting zoo. We spent the entire day there just enjoying our time.

2  Thank WomanAlwaysOnTheGo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Brevard Zoo is one place I can guarantee my family will have a great time. They have so many activities for all ages. My two year old grandson has a lot of fun in the splash zone. He also loves to feed the giraffes and visit the petting zoo. I purchased the grandparent yearly pass so I can take my grandson & 1 guest as often as we want. The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. The only drawback is the zoo need a larger paved parking area.

1  Thank 32935linda
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been taking my now 2 year old there for about 1.5 years. She loves the zoo and all the activities and encounters with the animals. We have a membership and normally start off with the Waterpark. The splash zone isn't huge but it is just the right size to keep cool on those hot Florida days. Once we have cooled off next is the petting zoo, and then the giraffes. We always ride the train too. It is a smaller zoo but the staff is always accommodating and friendly. Check their calendar of events before you go they do offer story time and other fun activities but most importantly you don't want to go on a day that is a "Senior Expo" or an event that fills the zoo. We get their early and leave after about an hour and have never had a problem, if you don't get their early and it is a busy day you will end up parking near Wendy's.

1  Thank Blissful04