“Your place for an ocean view”

Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Winnipeg, Canada
“Your place for an ocean view”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This is a good hotel with perfect oceanfront views from your room. The layout of the room is good with a sitting area and king bed in the other room. Pool is nice and warm. Went in November and it was very quiet on the beach but still warm enough to swim in it. Shopping centre across the street which is handy. If you want a quiet stay right on the beach and listen to waves from your bed, this is place to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank wpgPaul
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this review, 27 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are passing all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate to hear when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
Odessa, FL
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed here on a weekend with my sister and mother for a girl's weekend. Hotel room was very spacious! I liked that there was a little bar area in the living room and a seperate sink outside the bathroom (great when you have 3 girl's getting ready) Beds are sleep number and that was not a big deal for me. I was surprised that they don't have any "true double" beds. All rooms are king and some offer a sleeper sofa. As a mom of small children, I'd much rather have them in the bedroom with me vs. on a sleeper sofa that has access to a balacony. They do offer kid suites, and I did not inquire about them b/c I did not have my children with us. Beach is beautiful! Sunrises are breathtaking!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank nolegirl811
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments, and have passed them on to our staff. Also we have passed your concerns about the bed situation. The management of our hotel are currently looking into that. Thanks for those concerns. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again.
Groveland
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here mid week for two nights using a Hot Deals voucher purchased on line. The offer stated 2 nights and 2 breakfasts for $159, with a regular price of $320. I had checked their web site and saw that that they had a deal for that price that included a $20 breakfast credit so I assumed that's what we would be getting. I called the hotel the day after purchase to make reservations and was told that they were not accepting the vouchers even though I had paid in full and they were supposed to be valid for 4 months. The clerk said his General Manager had told him not to accept them; he didn't know the reason why and I should contact Hot Deals if I this was a problem....
I talked to the Hot Deals rep.; she was aware of the situation and said she was trying to work with the manager to convince him to honor the deal and she would let me know. I heard back from her the next day; said they worked it out and I could call the hotel and make reservations. That process took 3 phone calls over about an hours time, transferred back and forth between the hotel and reservation dept., put on hold for lengthy periods and disconnected. I felt like they were trying to make this as difficult as they could.....finally got through to someone at the hotel who took the voucher info and booked the room. Upon check in, the clerk slipped a couple breakfast coupons into the key package, I asked if they had any monetary limit and he said no, they're just for two breakfasts, the "All American or whatever breakfasts they have".
Later that night, I noticed the coupons said 'Free Continental Breakfast' ---'add coffee for $2.95', and sure enough when we went to the restaurant the next morning, the waitress informed us that's all they were good for; the standard cold items, pastry, breads, juice, etc. Being on low carb diets, this was worthless to us and of course the clerk who led me to believe we'd be getting something else wasn't there...
Aside from being screwed out of a real breakfast, the coupon itself was ridiculous; Seriously, what hotel chain gives you a ' Free Continental Breakfast' and then charges you $3 bucks for a cup of coffee? Motel 6 treats it's guests better than that. The whole experience left us feeling like we were being taken advantage of, like the manager was pissed that he had to honor the offer he made and was taking it out on the guests. The bottom line is even without the free breakfasts, we got a good discount on the stay, although nowhere near the 50% advertised. The suite was nice enough although the sleep # bed wasn't that great; either bowed up in the middle or sagged in...and when level just like any other hard mattress. The view of the ocean from the room and balcony is fantastic, and probably the best reason to stay here. All in all we had a nice time despite the managers efforts to spoil it...this guy really needs to go back to hotel school and brush up on customer relations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank billdozerGroveland
Orlando,Fl.
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this all oceanfront hotel. Room are mini suites with sleep number beds,very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant Sunday morning they had a buffet with almost everything, very good. I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your great comments about your stay, and your restaurant experience. We will pass all these comments on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide all of our guests with a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

We hope you will stay with us again on future visits to the area. Thanks again for your review.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I'm usually very particular about my hotels and this one got exactly what I wanted. A quiet suite, plenty of space and no noise, just the ocean under your balcony, the sunsets are to die for. Watching the surfers in the morning just after the sun got up, I have to recommend this hotel. Also for the great and huge bed, I slept in better than anywhere else for quite some time. Also the hotel staff was very friendly and I extended my stay from 3 to 5 nights, although having booked online they did me a great deal for the following two nights. And I will be coming back! If you're after relaxation and space, this is the place to be! Theres not much else going on around, apart fromma fun theme park (whichis not my kind ifnthing). But Also close drive of 20 min is Cocoa Beach, great spot for kiteboarding and surfing. I would highly recommend this hotel if you would like a bit of an end-of-the-world-feel!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Lizzy2001
Thank you for your very nice review of our hotel. We are so happy that we could extend your stay for you. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff and management. They always like to hear when they are doing a great job.

Thanks again for your review. We hope you will come stay with us again!!!
Connecticut
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Ok, it's not perfect. I admit. The rooms are a little dated. The chair in the living room had a stain on it and I was afraid to sit on it. The "kitchen" had a sink, microwave, small fridge, an appliance to heat water to make instant coffee, they supply the coffee, mini-moos and sugar (thank God I brought the Starbucks instant, very good!) some glasses and an ice bucket. No paper towels, or napkins, or utensils or anything to wash anything with.....but luckily there is a Wal-Mart and Winn-Dixie right across the street, so anything I needed, I just ran across the street. Very convenient.
The bed was ok. I didn't think the sleep number thing was good or bad, just there. I was only there for 3 nights, so maybe if it had been longer I would think differently. The bathroom was small but clean & actually the shower was better here than the Loews Portofino Bay hotel at Universal I had spent the previous 3 days at.
The view was AMAZING. I was on the 5th floor. All I wanted was a place where I could wake up in the morning, sit on the balcony with my coffee, watch the sun come up, watch the pelicans and shore birds hanging out and just relax. This was the place. Even though the parking lot was packed, I didn't see many people and it seemed very peaceful and quiet. The beach was great. LOTS of shells to pick up. Some parts of the beach are entirely covered with shells. Can be a bit hard on the feet if you're not used to it.
One day I took a trip up to the Merritt Island Wildlife refuge. Went on a quick walk on a boardwalk near the visitor center. Saw a humongous 6" spider. I was not expecting that, they're my phobia....so I ended up running out of there & went to see the manatees. Very cute, but you can't see much more than their noses and their tails, so don't get too excited about this.
All in all I had an extremely relaxing time at the Radisson. If the view and the beach are your main goals, this is a great place and a great value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Litagirl
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It sounds like you really enjoyed your visit to the area. We are very pleased we could accommodate your stay. We appreciate all of your comments and we will pass them on to our staff and management. It is always nice to tell them when they are doing a good job.

Thanks again for your great comments. We hope you will stay with us again, on your future visits to the area.
Abersoch
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Arrived after a stormy weekend

Had to wait 2 hours for room

Fight for mailed discount

Expensive in restaurant

No Internet on arrival

Rude front of house assistant manager

A tad too laid back

Rooms a bit tacky

Give it a miss

• Stayed October 2011
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your concerns about your stay are currently being looked in to by our management. We strive as a a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Our goal ist ot provide that to all of our guests. your comments will be passed on to our staff.

Thanks again for your time we hope you will give us another try, if you plan on being in the area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront? Share your experiences!