“If you love a balcony and saggy bed!”

Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Went to Melbourne, FL to watch the NJCAA Women's National Championship Games. We stayed at the hotel, because we were staying 4 nights and wanted a little more room than the average hotel. The rooms were very spacious. However, upon arriving in our room, a GIANT roach greeted us at the door. Okay this is Florida and this does happen, but not a great start. Yet, after we hunted the roach down, we looked around the room, and opened the sliding glass doors to a beautiful balcony looking at the atlantic ocean. Yet, the room seem to have been updated recently, with much of the finishing touches yet to be complete. Trim boards still had peeling paint, and holes in the walls, either shoddy workmanship, or incomplete unsure which one. The pool was closed for the winter, and green from not being kept up, kinda a shock since it was 84 degrees our first day. Sleep Number beds...not a big fan. Trying to figure them out was a chore in itself, but no matter what the bed was saggy by morning. I gave this hotel an average rating because the balcony really did even out the negatives of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly T
There are newer reviews for Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Perfect beach hotel experience. Wall of windows in bedroom and living room, with sliding doors, let us lounge around our room feeling like we were partaking of the ocean rhythms -- pounding surf, gorgeous sunrises. Balcony: comfortable chairs (but no table for drink or lounge chair for napping). Microwave, small refrig (no freezer) and bar sink was a minimal but adequate "kitchenette." Desk faced the ocean and there was amazingly good internet connections. The king bed was a "sleep number," though I'm not sure it worked. When we needed housekeeping or maintenance, they were very speedy. We ordered room service pizza from the hotel restaurant and were able to keep the plates, etc to enjoy our leftovers the next day. There was a pool, but we didn't use it. The beach area was nice, well-maintained. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of our comments. We appreciate your concerns about the need for a chair or lounger of some type for the rooms. We are currently looking in to that. We are always looking for new ideas to make our hotel better.

Thanks again for your time. We ;hope that you will come stay with us again, in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I saw a special deal for this hotel and knew that I had looked at going here before. Therefore, I took advantage of the deal. Every room is a suite with great views of the ocean. The view for many would be enough. Nevertheless, our stay according to the deal also included breakfast each morning. Not really true, it included two breakfasts but two single breakfasts when we were staying for two nights. In addition, the breakfast offered for this deal was simply the continental type, which does not serve my needs at all. We never even considered that as a fault of the hotel more a fault of the deal not giving accurate information. However, when we stayed the first night we found that one of the sliding glass doors to the balcony, the one in the bedroom, did not close shut tight. Therefore, we had a constant whistle of the wind blowing into the room all night. Considering the normal price for a night’s stay and this hotel, I would not have thought something like this would not even happen. Overall, the hotel is OK but I have stayed at much better hotels for a lower price in similar locations. I know that my wife and I will not stay at this hotel again even with the deal we had.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room above the second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whgille

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments and concerns. The comments about the sliding glass door in your room, is currently being looked into by the management. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

We chose this property for its proximity to a nearby university and its location on the ocean. For its oceanfront view, balconies, size of suites, and decent pool area it gets 4 stars. But....those are things that cannot be controlled - it was built on the ocean, with balconies and the pool area was designed as it is....although it was nice and clean and of course that is controllable. However....

1. Tired decor. Please do not put fake flower arrangements that don't even match all over the place. So cheesy. All the soft goods were done in lifeless beiges and browns...there was no design statement at all and public spaces were blah. In room, soft goods were slightly better but not great.
2. Housekeeping and Follow Up - On our second day, they did not service our room! We were out for 7 hours starting at 830am, came back pooped to an unmade room. Called downstairs and was told they would send someone to clean - at that point, we didn't want to leave the room again for several hours. So they sent up towels and told me they would call back with information on compensation for the lack of cleaning. Never heard from them, and really didn't want to get aggravated further, so left the room unmade. THAT was a big snafu.
3. Sleep Number Bed is cool - if it worked. It made noise and that was about it. My son tried to see what was wrong and only came up with a dried corsage from behind the bed....ugh....I cannot imagine what else was there.
4. Sleep sofa was horribly uncomfortable, saggy, worn out.
5. View from the room was beautiful, except for the trash in the natural vegetation right in front of our balcony. I don't think it would be hard to have someone check the area a few times a day?
6. Some fixtures needed repair in the room, like the hook behind the bathroom door.
7. $10 to rent a chaise on the beach? $25 for two chaises and an umbrella? How about signing to the room and being charged instead if I stick the chaise into my suitcase and bring it home?
8. Non-descript public spaces and restaurant.
9. Horrific smell in hallway on way to pool - we had to cover our noses, it was that bad.

Some attention to detail would really bring this place up several notches.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sakigemcam
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Your concerns about the pool and your room, are currently being looked in to by our management staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Your concerns that are being currently addressed will help us provide that. The comments you made will help us improve on our service for you, and future guests to our hotel.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will consider us again, during future visits to the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

This is a good hotel with perfect oceanfront views from your room. The layout of the room is good with a sitting area and king bed in the other room. Pool is nice and warm. Went in November and it was very quiet on the beach but still warm enough to swim in it. Shopping centre across the street which is handy. If you want a quiet stay right on the beach and listen to waves from your bed, this is place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wpgPaul

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are passing all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate to hear when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed here on a weekend with my sister and mother for a girl's weekend. Hotel room was very spacious! I liked that there was a little bar area in the living room and a seperate sink outside the bathroom (great when you have 3 girl's getting ready) Beds are sleep number and that was not a big deal for me. I was surprised that they don't have any "true double" beds. All rooms are king and some offer a sleeper sofa. As a mom of small children, I'd much rather have them in the bedroom with me vs. on a sleeper sofa that has access to a balacony. They do offer kid suites, and I did not inquire about them b/c I did not have my children with us. Beach is beautiful! Sunrises are breathtaking!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nolegirl811
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments, and have passed them on to our staff. Also we have passed your concerns about the bed situation. The management of our hotel are currently looking into that. Thanks for those concerns. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thanks again for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here mid week for two nights using a Hot Deals voucher purchased on line. The offer stated 2 nights and 2 breakfasts for $159, with a regular price of $320. I had checked their web site and saw that that they had a deal for that price that included a $20 breakfast credit so I assumed that's what we would be getting. I called the hotel the day after purchase to make reservations and was told that they were not accepting the vouchers even though I had paid in full and they were supposed to be valid for 4 months. The clerk said his General Manager had told him not to accept them; he didn't know the reason why and I should contact Hot Deals if I this was a problem....
I talked to the Hot Deals rep.; she was aware of the situation and said she was trying to work with the manager to convince him to honor the deal and she would let me know. I heard back from her the next day; said they worked it out and I could call the hotel and make reservations. That process took 3 phone calls over about an hours time, transferred back and forth between the hotel and reservation dept., put on hold for lengthy periods and disconnected. I felt like they were trying to make this as difficult as they could.....finally got through to someone at the hotel who took the voucher info and booked the room. Upon check in, the clerk slipped a couple breakfast coupons into the key package, I asked if they had any monetary limit and he said no, they're just for two breakfasts, the "All American or whatever breakfasts they have".
Later that night, I noticed the coupons said 'Free Continental Breakfast' ---'add coffee for $2.95', and sure enough when we went to the restaurant the next morning, the waitress informed us that's all they were good for; the standard cold items, pastry, breads, juice, etc. Being on low carb diets, this was worthless to us and of course the clerk who led me to believe we'd be getting something else wasn't there...
Aside from being screwed out of a real breakfast, the coupon itself was ridiculous; Seriously, what hotel chain gives you a ' Free Continental Breakfast' and then charges you $3 bucks for a cup of coffee? Motel 6 treats it's guests better than that. The whole experience left us feeling like we were being taken advantage of, like the manager was pissed that he had to honor the offer he made and was taking it out on the guests. The bottom line is even without the free breakfasts, we got a good discount on the stay, although nowhere near the 50% advertised. The suite was nice enough although the sleep # bed wasn't that great; either bowed up in the middle or sagged in...and when level just like any other hard mattress. The view of the ocean from the room and balcony is fantastic, and probably the best reason to stay here. All in all we had a nice time despite the managers efforts to spoil it...this guy really needs to go back to hotel school and brush up on customer relations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank billdozerGroveland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront? Share your experiences!