Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$217
US$189
Residence Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hilton.com
US$221
US$202
  • Beachfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$126
US$114
HolidayInn.com
Days Inn Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$83
2,365 results
All reviewssleep numberbunk bedswet barfloor to ceiling windowsocean viewwrap around balconypool barjacuzzi tublarge balconycorner roomwinn dixieseparate bedroomsliding glassrooms face the oceanlou's bluesmini fridgeliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed for one night on points, it was well worth it. The hotel itself in terms of common areas could use a re-furb and update but the rooms are great and super comfortable with nice amenities. Great bed, nice balcony, comfortable chairs, etc. Also very near by you have a strip mall with a grocery market (stock up the room's fridge with food and beer) and restaurants. Great beach views and fresh air and sounds of surf if you have the sliding doors open even a crack. very nice place and friendly staff. Only blemishes are the hotel's common areas which as stated is nothing special and kind of dated but otherwise fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank flipper95
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I can't begin to explain all of the good things about this hotel. Throughout our entire stay, weather was cloudy and rainy however that did not taint our experience.

Upon arriving, we were warmly welcomed by the kind man and woman at the front desk. The lobby was large and well designed. The ceilings were high and it was immaculate. I had called prior to arriving and had requested a higher floor due to my parents who wanted to be away from any and all noise and they did a great job of accommodating our needs.

I saw a lot of complaints about the elevator being slow. I didn't find it to be slow, there's just a lot of floors to cover. When we got up, we walked out of the elevator and there was an indoor space with two couches and on both ends there were doors leading outside to the rooms since the higher floors' rooms have outside entrances. When we entered the room, I felt an instant sigh of relief. we had just left from a beyond unpleasant hotel, so I was so at ease seeing our clean, spacious, chic and quiet room.

The rooms have all been renovated and look absolutely great. They come equipped with a fridge, kitchenette sink, blow dryer, 2 flat screen tvs, etc. Oh, and lots of mirrors! I love mirrors. The sleep number bed was beyond comfortable and the pull out queen size bed was pretty comfy, too. The shower had good pressure and the towels were nice and clean. But above and beyond all of that was THE VIEW! It was extraordinary. I slept incredibly well to the sound of the ocean that night.

The only complaints I have about the room are as follows:

- one of the outlets didn't work
- the remote control was really slow and frustrating

The beach was very nice, but it wasn't very wide, in the sense that there wasn't much dry sand area. The tide would get pretty high. There was a bit of seaweed scattered but I mean, it's nature. That's the way it is and I'm not going to complain about it. The pool and bar areas were pleasant, too. Unfortunately due to the weather I wasn't able to enjoy those amenities. The amenity that I did enjoy was the fitness center! It's clean, nicely designed and has a wall that is entirely a window! So you work out while taking in the ocean view. That was really nice. The equipment was pretty updated. One of the treadmills even had a built in fan! That was cool.

We didn't fine at the restaurant but we did order pizza for room service. Their food is overpriced, but that's expected. The pizza was good, wasn't the greatest I've ever had but it was good pizza. I HIGHLY recommend getting breakfast at sun on the beach. It's right down the street on the A1A (about 3 mins) and has great food and reasonable prices :)

Anyway, overall my family and I really enjoyed this hotel and will be back hopefully with better weather. For the rate you have to pay, this place goes above and beyond!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Neena R
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The front desk staff's warm greeting was akin to a greeting given to a favorite returning guest and not a first time stay. Graciously she checked me in while answering my flight weary questions. If you adore sleeping to the surf pounding against the shore in comfy bedding in a spacious room, this is for you. Was more than mildly surprised that the waiter could go through the menu quickly relaying items on the menu that did not contain ingredients with gluten or nuts. His wine recommendation complimented my entree we'll. Room service was done with style and professionalism. My only regret was I had opted for a late flight out instead of staying another night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ladihwk
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Every year in September my wife and I take a cruise for our anniversary. If we happen to be leaving from Port Canaveral, the only hotel we will stay at is Radisson Oceanfront in Melbourne. We have used this hotel for both pre cruise and florida stays for about 7 years now... at least 8 to 10 times.

The lobby is classy, done in marble. The front desk is friendly and efficient. They act as though they were "expecting you" and try to go out of their way to accomodate your requests.

All rooms are ocean facing, have 2 rooms, and a balcony. What a better way to start a vacation than to step out of your room onto your own private balcony and see/smell/hear the Atlantic ocean, just yards away?

The hotel is right on the beach with good beach access. The sand is soft and clean, although there are a few rocks under the water. There is usually a pretty good surf along this portion of the coast, so keep an eye on your kids.

The area is very safe. One of our "pre-cruise" rituals is to mix up a rum/coke in a big bottle and walk the beach after dark. We have walked for miles on the beach in both directions, drinking our rum/coke and never once was bothered by anyone.

There are a few restaurants close by, and a Walmart right across the street in case you forget some incidentals.

We love this hotel and will be back again I am sure, probably this coming year. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelin_fool_1969
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This place is great. When you make a reservation there is no question whether you will get a room with a great view. All rooms have an ocean view and balcony. The staff is friendly and the service is efficient. I strongly recommend you stay here when visiting the Melbourne area. All the amenities you would expect at a first rate hotel at 3 star prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family