2,465 results
All reviewssleep numberbunk bedswet barpool barwrap around balconyocean viewjacuzzi tubcorner roomlarge balconywinn dixiesliding glassrooms face the oceanlou's bluesmini fridgeliving areahigh floorcocoa beach
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The location and layout of this hotel is great, however the facility is in need of major maintenance and renovation. It is also greatly understaffed. The staff they do have it very friendly and helpful. The restuarant is small and basically there to process room service. The sliding doors in our room kept getting stuck and didn't lock. Also the sleep number bed they advertised, did not work. The bathroom had a stained toilet and leaky shower faucet. Probaby would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lisamY5942NV
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a great hotel right on the beach. The building was converted from condos so the rooms are spacious and comfortable, my long stay was nice and relaxed. The staff was sincerely friendly. Good beach access.

Room Tip: It looks like all rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelerJay630
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Visited Melbourne for a quick weekend escape to meet up with some friends. They stayed next door (literally) at the Hilton oceanfront. The Hilton had considerably nicer common areas. The lobby, breakfast area, and even pool were MUCH classier looking. But, even as a HH Diamond member, my friend got stuck in a standard room with little seating area that had a partial ocean view and a much better view of all the neighboring rooms. The Radisson, on the other hand, had a dated lobby, mediocre pool area, and subpar room service food... but the room and view were incredible! We had a 7th floor corner suite and a large living area with couch, table and chairs plus a wetbar area. Our balcony faced directly at the ocean and curved around the hotel so you would watch the sun set over the intracoastal. When you opened up all the shades and doors, we had phenomenal views of the water and sounds of the waves crashing below us. It all depends on what you want. If you need beautiful common areas and a great breakfast and don't compare much about the room and views, go with the Hilton. For us on this trip, the Radisson was the much better choice and our friends even ended up spending most of the day lounging in our room and watching the views from our balconies instead of sticking with theirs at the Hilton. I would definitely come back here, just know what to expect ahead of time.

Room Tip: Corner Suites have 3x the balcony of the other rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed March 9, 2014 following a cruise. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but the facility looks like it has been to war. The major hallways are beat up and the drywall looks horrible. The location of the hotel couldn't be better, it's just a shame that they have not invested the money to keep this place looking nice. I'm sure that it was quite a beauty in it's day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay, including the hallways and drywall. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We came for a birthday weekend and used our points and was disappointed. The hotel was very clean. The front desk was very polite and helpful during check in. We had a king with jacuzzi suite. The view was gorgeous. It was very peaceful. I literally felt like I was on the beach! The second floor (pool/beach access) was so wonderful. But I did have a few issues. The Sleep number in the bed did not work. The bed was pretty hard. We had issues working the Tv. We didn't know how to get to the channels and when we did the remote wouldn't work. The bar was way to pricey. He didn't even me and exact reciept with a price. 2 bottles of water was $7!! wasn't even a good brand! A shot, cup of orange juice and cranberry was 19$! It was ridicilous. I expected a microwave in there and there was none. When I called the front desk to ask if there was one to warm up some food, he tells me he had to check and put me on hold. If you work there aren't you supposed to know already? Then I was informed to call the resturante and they couldn't help me out with it either and I got really frustrated. The room was pretty hot too when we got there. The elevators took forever and was shakey when we were on it. I expected better but overall it was a nice stay and a perfect location.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view! Totally worth it!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends