“Dissapointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tuscany Grill
Ranked #46 of 431 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Un CHAIN your appetite and discover homemade. Family owned since 2000. The best Italian and so much more. Full liquor bar, extensive wine list, banquet facilities for up to 100. Nightly features include hand cut Filet Mignon, fresh seafood and Osso Bucco. Sunday night dinner dance with 2 for 1 drinks and 5.00 appetizers. Sunday brunch. Suntree's favorite meeting place!
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I dined last night at the Tuscany Grill and I can only say disappointed. I had the veal parmigiania, and the pasta chef needs some real help, the strands looked like someone broke them in two and they were overcooked, plus the pasta was full of water and not drained. Have to re-think another visit, unlike our last ones.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Florida
“Obviously there is a real chef in the house!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Tonight was half price wine Wednesday or something like that...I opted for the house wine which was sold out and not at all what was advertised. Nevertheless, it was delicious, the pour was generous and after a glass like that, who knows the difference anyways?

I had the calamari for an appetizer. They were probably the best, most perfectly prepared calamari that I have ever had. Hats off to the chef! I did elect to have marinara sauce on the side instead of the spicy house accompaniments.

I ordered the creamy angel hair dish with shrimp as an entrée. It was a little lackluster. In my opinion it needed more of a garlic presence. I did request some parmesan on the side so that I could "salt" the dish up without insulting the chef.

Overall, this was a lovely dining experience. I will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious food! Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Tuscany Grill expertly accommodated 19 members of our extended family in town to celebrate a special birthday. A partitioned side room was ready for our 6:30pm arrival and Patrick (our server) masterfully guided us through beverage and meal orders. Restaurant personnel assisted Patrick in delivering the 19 meals nearly simultaneously. Everyone was pleased with their entree ... favorites included the Mediterranean Grill, Shrimp and Sea Scallops in Pesto, and Large Sea Scallops with Asparagus in Chardonnay Sauce. Both the shrimp and the scallops were cooked perfectly. Not surprisingly, those dishes were delivered last since they take the least amount of time to cook.

A previous reviewer commented on food sanitation issues which prompted me to review the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) reports for this restaurant. In a nutshell, it seems corrections have been made to all significant violations. I appreciate the heads up from the previous reviewer! We had a wonderful birthday celebration and truly look forward to visiting Melbourne and the Tuscany Grill in the future.

The web site to review any licensed business in Florida is:

• Visited July 2013
Ocala FL
“Great little hole in the wall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Read reviews of the restaurant and gave it a try. Sunday evenings they have a dj with dance music. And half-priced drinks. Can't beat that! Got the largest glass of wine I've ever been served - the house Chianti is quite good. Ordered the Mediterranean Grill and my husband had Veal Parmesan. Salads came out first and were very fresh and good, but the bread and sauces that were served were outstanding! Our meals came and the portions were large. Mine was loaded with chicken, shrimp and sausage along with penne pasta and seasoning. I could not believe how much meat was on the plate and next time, I'd opt for a whole plate of the sausage. All was good, but the sausage was excellent. The veal was served on a pile of pasta and was delicious. We enjoyed the music and watching others dance. Next time we are in the area, we'll be back for more!

Visited July 2013
“Definitely one of Brevard's Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Great locals place. If you don't care for the big crowds @ Carrabba's, then walk across the parking lot to Tuscany Grille. You won't be disappointed. Food is fresh and outstanding. Try the shrimp/sea scallops in pesto. Full liquor bar also. Music & dancing one night a week too!

• Visited June 2013