“I learned a lot”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I am not very familiar with Japanese cuisine so I was happy that the server was able to advise us on dishes that we both enjoyed. My lady enjoyed shrimp tempura and I had lobster, shrimp and scallops. I also had the traditional soup which was excellent.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Went on a Sunday afternoon to celebrate a birthday. Great "entertainment" for the kids, and adults, too. Very good filet and scallops, and shrimp and chicken, too. Lots of food. We had a second meal with left overs. The place is very clean...we were there in daylight and could see the inside. No cooking smells, even though they are grilling constantly at your table. Great for a group, but not very intimate for a couple. Little language problem with server, but it all worked out.

1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed this place several times! The hibachi is sooo good and yummy! The service is excellent; our cups are never empty!

The show is fun to watch... Although I can never catch a shrimp lol

The prices seem a bit high but it's definitely worth the cost! The lunch portion is more reasonable and you still get the same amount of food!

I definitely recommend eating here.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I can't get over how great the sushi was the night we ate here. I had eaten at Haru on the beach just before eating here and I thought that Haru was very good, but this place IMO on this night was much better. I got a sushi for one meal as an appetizer. The fish was buttery and melted in my mouth. The rice was nearly perfect and the pairing of the fish and rice was is harmony. The sushi was memorable and what made it even more memorable was the incredible price. The best value in sushi in the area. I wouldn't recommend eating sushi at the tepanyaki table, and there are other sushi restaurants more suited for just sushi, but this place is worth a shot just for the sushi.

Now to be fair, I really dislike tepanyaki. Here the service was pushy, get 'em in and out from the Chinese waitress and managers. Service just like you get in China. "We need some time." "NO! You order, NOW!" So we did. The cook was pleasant going through his routine for the thousandth time, understanding that the group of us were more interested in each others company than flying shrimp. He was cool.

The tapanyaki was basic fried rice and choice of meat. I got the chicken and it appeared to be thawed frozen chicken breasts. They did not even take the time to marinade in a brine to tenderize it, so it was tough and dry. I mean, what can you say about grilled average quality proteins chopped up and fried on a grill? The price was not bad, and the overall evening was good.

...but the sushi was really good!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

New Year's Eve dinner spent here. Sushi was very good, eel and spiny tuna roll. Drinks were good. Salad was poor iceberg lettuce with ginger dressing. Mushroom soup was okay, nothing special. Hibachi filet was not cooked right but still good. Shrimp had strange teriyaki sauce on them. Zucchini and onion medley was mushy and not tasty. NO stir fried mushrooms or bean sprouts served with dinner. Fried rice was very good. Jessica our server was outstanding, some of the best service we ever had. Overall, average to below average food and would not return.