“Wonderful, relaxing excursion”

At the Helm Sailing Charters
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sailing Charters And Sailing Lessons On The Indian River, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Melbourne Beach, Vero Beach, Sebastian, Ft Pierce, Brevard County.
Suwanee, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful, relaxing excursion”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

What a great day my family and I enjoyed with Captain Mickey. I was relaxed, my wife took the helm and my kids explored the boat. Great weather and a great day on the river. If you are looking for a relaxing time and enjoy being out on the river, At The Helm Charters is the only choice. Our tour came complete with dolphins and manatees.
Captain Mickey also made the perfect recommendation for enjoying the 4th of July fireworks celebration. Cocoa Village was a great setting and the route he recommended us to drive would have been worth paying a tour. Beautiful homes right along the river in a 146 year old community. Great evening and a bonus to a great day on the water.

Visited July 2013

Orlando, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The wind the water and me.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband treated me to a sail on the Intracoastal for last year's birthday. It took until yesterday for the stars to align and off we tacked. Captain Mickey is just what you'd expect for a lazy morning's sail, relaxed, friendly and VERY brave. He allowed me to take the helm for almost 3 hours. We sailed about 8 miles north and back, (sailing is a slow excitement) and the thrill it stayed with me long past the time we berthed back in the harbor. My best adventures are on a sailboat of any size. Captain Mickey is the perfect host, his boat is comfortable and allows a novice to "catch the wind" on a slow breeze day. He made me relaxed enough that I was actually able to carry on a reasonable conversation while steering towards home. I highly recommend the experience that is fun, fresh and good for the soul.

Visited May 2013
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Sunset Birthday Cruise!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We took at three hour sunset cruise with Captain Mickey this weekend and it couldn't have been a nicer experience. I found him through an internet search for sailing charters when looking for this as a gift for my boyfriend. I contacted him a few weeks before the sail and he was very pleasant and helpful with the planning of this experience. When the day came to cruise, he was all prepped and ready for as at the dock when we arrived. He helped us load our items on board his beautifully maintained 32' Catalina yacht and made us feel right at home. As we set sail he shared his knowledge of the local points of interest on the water and surrounding areas, including the iconic Dragon Point, and kept a watchful eye for porpoises and manatees. Even though we brought our own light dinner and drinks, he does have beverages he will provide, as well as a cooler. There is also a head on board. As some other reviewers have said, Captain Mickey has such a calm and pleasant demeanor that you feel like you are sailing with an old friend. I would highly recommend him and this experience.

Visited May 2013
Rockledge, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I never went sailing before but once my friend came into town, I finally had someone to accompany on this great adventure! I planned a sunset cruise with dinner with Mickey a month before the sailing date and he helped me plan out everything. I greatly appreciated this help and all of the responses he had to my questions. When the day came to set sail, Captain Mickey was kind enough to pick up my dinner from a market down the street and had silverware and plates all ready for us when we arrived. The weather wasn't particularly perfect for a sunset cruise since it was raining all day, but luckily when it was time to sail off, the skies cleared up and we had an amazing time. Mickey was great company and even let us take over the steering which was a great experience. We didn't end up seeing a sunset due to cloudy skies, but that didn't stop our fun. I'm very happy to have my first sailing experience with Captain Mickey and I highly recommend him if you're looking for a great time out on the river.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank x3_apple
Palm Bay, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great Captain!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I got to meet Michael a few years ago, and he took me on his sailboat a couple of times. His boat is impeccably clean and he has a very gentle and quiet demeanor. He will even let you at the helm to get a good feel for sailing.

Visited January 2013