“Great Service”

Suburban Extended Stay
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Nice, clean place to stay for a night. The service there is extremely responsive and helps you out with anything you ask! A+ for their staff and service. They were very helpful with any questions I had about the area, called to check I was enjoying my stay, and when I left my cologne in the room they mailed it back to New York for free! The hotel has a great location within walking distance of the Airport (.5 miles) and also was in a nice area of Melbourne.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Christian F

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I spoke with Teresa and set a reservation. I went into the lobby introduced myself, realized they had a zero pet policy and left very upset. Although she knew I would not be able to stay there, they proceeded to charge my credit card anyway. I called to dispute the charge and theythen refused to credit my account because she said I didn't identify myself and management said no. They are liars and thieves! Do not trust them with any of your personal credit card or bank info unless you r there in person.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank rennyroo03
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is very affordable for both short and long stays......only draw back is NO POOL.......had a great stay......would stay here again. kids loved it as well.....not sure how some of the other reviews are so unfavorable.......

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra D
Reviewed 17 May 2012

It is not a fancy hotel but for the price is very good. Clean rooms, good size bathroom, thekitchenet is convenience with stove and friedge, quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lourdes M
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is no Hilton...and that's ok, you get what you pay for. The problem is,
5 rooms
-3 of the rooms were not ready.
---1 of 3 had used sheets with the bed mades
---1 of 3 looked like it was occupied when I opened the door, had to go back to front desk to get a different room
---1 of 3 had had missing furniture
---1 of the total 5 was ok
---1 of the total 5 the hotel made a mistake on the arrival date and the credit card was charged as a no show and the owner refused to refund the money.
The staff was fabulous, the owner was very rude and has no idea on how to provide customer service.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank NotHappyWithYou
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We pay with cash at most places these days, just part of our financial management. My 50-ish wife and I were treated like twitching crack addicts at this hotel. They insisted on a cash deposit over and above paying for the stay in advance, we offered to put the deposit on the credit card but they refused because we were paying for the room with cash. The dingey room was aged and patched and just really unappealing. There is a small efficiency kitchen and if you use plates or glasses you must wash them for the next tennant (yes, your service was washed by whoever used it last.) Everything was dusty and gross. When we finally got to check out we were told to wait in the lobby while they went up and checked the room to see if we stole anything! WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT WE WOULD WANT? Ick, Ick, Ick.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank DugRau
SuburbanManager, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

The reviewer claims he stay with us 6 months ago and found our housekeeping staff don't clean plates/glass after guests checkout. The new guest would have to live with whatever previouse guest leftover staff. Imaging it was true, this hotel would have shut down by state way before his chance to visit us. I really have no idea why someone still treat it as a real opinion.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

To start off, if you have ever seen the movie "Vacancy", then you have a good idea of the vibe this hotel gives off. But if you haven't, then let's start off with the area. It felt unsafe, tucked away in a woodsy area. Going out after sundown seemed risky. Our arrival in the afternoon seemed to have interrupted the front desk clerk, who was rude and vague with her information. We had to practically twist her arm to get basic check-in information. She left the best for last, stating that there is no staff on the premises from 3AM-7AM, and no security whatsoever. The room was decent at best. The bed was comfortable, but left us itchy, which prevented us from even turning down the comforter or sheet. Our stay was cut short, but odds are we wouldn't have stayed the night. We didn't come across much to do in the area. We wouldn't think of staying at this at this hotel again, or even in this area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RonnieAndMercedes

I was told to write our side of story but never told how to write a response to a fake story. This guest was treated so bad by our front desk girl they have to twist her arm to get their basic check-in info. They deserve a full refund as well as a police investigation.