“Great Fish Tacos” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 431 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Description: El Chico is a family casual dining restaurant open for lunch and dinnner 7 days a week. We offer lunch specials, happy hour, full service bar, outside patio dining (dog friendly on patio), full service catering, take out.
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Fish Tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I go here at least once a week, without fail and have been doing that for the last few years. I enjoy their fish tacos which are about the whole and not just the fish. Great ingredients make a good dish. I sit in the bar area and Diane knows me and what I want. I get served very quickly and enjoy the food. As a matter of fact, I'm going back there today.

• Visited October 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great Place to Eat, If You Like Mexican...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Awesome atmosphere; great service, very attentive, but not obtrusively so; food is excellent and the price is a very good value. We ate here three times and loved it more each time. Great little restaurant!!

Visited August 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had their Old World tacos and they were fantastic. The chipotle sauce is fantastic. The service was fair, but the food and ambience made up for it.

• Visited July 2013
Ashburn, VA
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I love Mexican food - so when my husband and I saw this place while on vacation, we decided to take a chance. It was after 7pm on a Thursday and the place wasn't overly busy....but when we arrived and there was nobody around to seat us, we should have taken it as a sign and left. Finally after a few minutes, someone appeared and took us to a booth. The slow service continued at the table. We both ordered combo meals - so we could try a little of many things. Some of the items were OK and others not. My taco and one tamale were good. The other tamale was so spicy I couldn't eat it. The refried beans had a weird smoky flavor that I didn't like. The chile relleno was chewy in a bad way (the pepper was really tough). The batter they used to coat the pepper was pretty good though. I asked for some salsa verde on the side, as I am not a fan of enchilada sauce, which is what is poured on top of many Mexican dishes. Thankfully I tasted it before I poured it on, as it was gross.

There was plenty of food on the plate, but when it's not very good, it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't choose to dine here again.

They serve Coke products.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Wonderful Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Decided to try El Chico's for Mexican food last night. The food was delicious, large portions and excellent service. You get your moneys worth here. The waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.

• Visited May 2013