“Unique menu, good service”
Review of The Nomad Cafe

The Nomad Cafe
Ranked #11 of 438 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced ingredients, internationally inspired cuisine
Durham, North Carolina
“Unique menu, good service”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place is interesting -- the menu offers a variety of options from American, Mexican, to Asian. Parking isn't easy ... you may have to park on the street or around the corner. Pricing is a little high, but maybe for the little bit of "swanky" atmosphere it's appropriate. I had a BBQ pork sandwich with tea and it was $12.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 150hotelnightsayear

Melbourne, Florida
“What A Pleasant Discovery”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've been noticing how this small restaurant gets hammered at noon so we decided to go in at 11:45AM on June 10, 2014l,.and see what all the excitement was about. Within ten minutes after we were seated at the last table available patrons began lining up outside.

It's about GOOD.

Pleasant greeting, efficient waitress and marvelous innovative food with good wines at inexpensive cost.

My wife ordered the spanakopita and I ordered a cup of pork and black bean soup and their curry vegetable stew. I could go on and on about the quality and freshness of the entrees, but you've got the idea already.

Fortunately they allow reservations, so on our next visit we're taking a group.

Don't pass this one up!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank LuigiBasco
“Best place in town”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been to Nomad several times over the past year and have never had a complaint- the food is always outstanding. The specials are amazing and the staff is good about accommodating any dietary needs that you may have (I avoid gluten and there are often gluten free specials in addition to the several menu items that are gluten free). The house salad dressing is delicious- add a salad to your meal. You can't really go wrong here, no matter what you order.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank kju001
Melbourne, Florida
“A gem hidden in plain sight!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My office is located across the street from this former sandwich shop. My wife and I have been to Nomad Cafe 20+ times since they opened. Not once were we disappointed about any part of our experience - the meal or the service. The outside "look" belies what is inside: linen tablecloths, glassware and silverware settings, and reasonably priced absolutely delicious food!!
Yes, the Nomad Cafe is small inside, with limited seating. Its size lends itself to its intimacy. You can sit outside at tables with umbrellas as an option, or across the counter at tables by the door, but if you get there at the right time you will be seated in the back dining area which is the nicest "ambience-wise".
The owners Megan and Otilio have done a phenomenal job in bringing international flavor to downtown Melbourne. Their biggest challenge in my opinion is that 99% of the people that drive past their restaurant daily have absolutely no idea by looking at the exterior "diner style" building, of the culinary treats inside. They support local farms, buy organic, and prepare some of the best food on the Space Coast. Period.
If you like sandwiches, their Reuben is awesome, as is their Greek-inspired Tikka wrap. An abundance of Mexican dishes and starters are available, as well as Pulled Pork sandwiches and Fish Tacos. Macaroni salad accompanies many sandwich selections.
They have daily specials which are a must-try. My wife and I endeavor to sample at least one daily special during our visits (which are mostly during lunch hours).
And, you MUST try the carrot soup IF it is available on the day of your visit! Unbelievable taste.
Check 'em out, you will become a regular there if you do!

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Edward B
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A friend and I stopped by for lunch one day and I was glad we did. I had drove past the place many times. My friend had been there several times and she got to pick where we were going to have lunch. Good pick. Good menu selection. Place was a bit crowded and we sat at the bar. Service and the food were great. I'll make this a regular stop whenever I'm in Melbourne.

• Visited March 2014