“We enjoyed a good nights stay and sleep at this hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“We enjoyed a good nights stay and sleep at this hotel”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We spent a relaxing evening at this Americas Best Value Inn. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was both clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them Harold from HaroldSays referred you.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
bpatel09, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Dear Guest,

First off I want to thank you for choosing America's Best Value Inn and second thank you for the review. I hope in the future you will come back to stay with us.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Would not recommend for more than a place to sleep except the price is right. Hotel is decently clean but very old and dark. Very quiet and bed was somewhat comfortable but old as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank froogletraveler
bpmelbournehotels, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about the possibility of increasing the lighting in our establishment to make it seem more welcoming.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be very pleased.

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I suppose the old saying that "you get what you pay for" is true. Very low rates=very low quality. The rooms were old and falling apart and the walls were so thin I could hear lots going on in the room next door. The only good thing were that the people working the front desk were very nice, but that wasn't enough to make up for a poor experience overall.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. I’m sorry that the experience wasn’t the enjoyable one to which you had looked forward, but I am glad that you found the people working at the front desk to be very nice.

• Management was approached about plans to improve the conditions of the rooms.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

St. George, Utah
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This is more of an extended stoy or truck motel. The rooms were not in good shape (bathrooms were especially poor) and the window treatments do not give privacy. Best price for motel in the local area. Free breakfast is very limited.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I am glad that you found the price to be a good one.

1) Housekeeping received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance was informed of the lack of privacy given by the window treatments and instructed to eliminate the problem.

3) Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of giving the breakfast more variety.

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I was in town for the same family business purpose just 10 days ago and stayed at the Days Inn down the road then. Not impressed then so I thought I'd go the even cheaper route this time. Believe me, this is rock-bottom we are talking, I wouldn't want or feel good about anything less. It's a good location, right off I-95, but if I'm there because I can't really afford more right now, so's everybody else. Seemed there was a residential contingent of sorts, no troublemakers, just a real low-rent feel to the place. The tv got minimal channels, the refrigerator kept things cool but with a broken cabinet door, the countertops had permanent smudges and tub mat saw better days, years ago. The room hadn't been updated in decades, but housekeeping was efficient and the woman at the front desk couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant. Can't comment on the breakfast, I know it was there but I ate elsewhere as well as got my own things at Publix down the road. With any luck, this was my last trip to Melbourne, so I shouldn't have to worry about staying here again. But if you must spend a night in town and you are concerned about finances, you should be fine here for a night or two. Just don't expect anything fancy or post-1970s. Then again, the free in-room wi-fi worked! (Oh yes, I too have been around the world, but couldn't see paying $129 for a Courtyard Marriott down the block when I'd just paid only $103 for an oceanfront place on Kauai earlier in the week. Of course, I would've loved a nicer room in Melbourne but for $48, this sufficed.)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice things you said about the woman at the front desk. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

1) The woman at the front desk was informed of the nice things you said about hr.

2) Management was informed of your appreciation of the free WI FI.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have written alot of reviews, I have stayed all over the world and this is the grossest place I have ever stayed in. Our first clue was the washing of the front area outside the door, I think someone got sick. Then we get our key, go to the room, on the 2nd floor. Past all the hoses that are attached to the boilers or something ...the areas are disgusting. Going into the room. The bed was laid on, table was filthy, the floors...so disgusting, there isn't words, bathroom gross and a huge dog barking very loudly next door. I went to the front desk and asked for my money back. the girl asked if we wanted to try another room, the managers room. The room was far nicer, but the floors were still disgusting, I kept my socks on at all times. I did not sleep because i was just grossed out. There were people bbq'ing outside.. need I say more.
It was cheap 60 dollars for the night. We stayed at another place that was a country suite days later, for 60 dollars, got a good breakfast, huge rooms and very clean...so it can be done for that price. Never again will I stay here when visiting family. My family members said it was the worst place in the area.... and they were correct. We did not even eat the continental breakfast..we paid for our breakfast elsewhere. who needs a small cup of gross coffee and to unwrap the danish...it might have been from yesterday, why else would they saran wrap it.

I do have to say the young girl that was at the desk, was sweet and kind and very good at her job. She should go to another hotel for work.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind things you said about the young girl who was at the desk, I agree with you completely.

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• The girl at the front desk was informed of the nice things you said about her and received our commendation.

• The breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will reconsider your decision and once again stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. We do take our guest reviews seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Huge room with table and couch, could tell everything was older but still clean. The tv had some lines in it & the tub was really old so they put a clean rubber layer on the bottom. We actually found an empty cardboard package of herbal enhancement pills behind the picture frame above the bed. More hilarious than anything, it's good the maid didn't find if because she would've had to be lying down. The continental breakfast had a really good variety and there was a lady handling the waffle machine and hand delivering it to people's tables. All in all a great stay for the value!

• Stayed January 2011
bpatel09, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for you recent stay in our area. I am so glad that you found things to your liking. I’m very pleased to find that you found the traffic light at the entrance to be helpful. Our guests’ safety is of great importance to us.

I hope you had a wonderful time at your visit for the final lunch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis.

I hope that you will again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites the next time you visit in our area. I think you will be very pleased.