“Worn”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Worn”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed here recently and was surprised at how worn the hotel seemed. The reviews made the hotel sound cleaner and more average than it was. While the sheets and towels were clean, and the floor vacuumed, many things about the room were dirty. Light switches, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, the safe, bathmat, front of sink, were among the things that were not clean or were very worn or stained. The front desk staff were friendly and the outside of the hotel was fairly well maintained, but the room was definitely below standard. A friend was also staying at this hotel and she and her husband had a room in similar condition to mine. I did contact the hotel chain about the room and was told that they were addressing my concerns. Not sure that I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pet_Traveler496
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are glad that you found front desk staff friendly. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The hotel was clean and nice, breakfast was not that good and some staff were rude. The BIG problem that I had was that my credit card information was stolen(and used) by a hotel employee while here. I did get my money back, etc but this should never have happened so I advise if you go to this hotel USE CASH

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had.

Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Management was notified of the problem you experienced for Credit Card and the situation is being looked into.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Looking for a clean, friendly place to stay? Look no further! The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. They have a room with pool tables, a small bar with happy hour until 8:00pm and a kitchen that runs nightly specials. I especially recommend the tacos, wings and the meatball subs. Best of all, the rates are extremely low. Look for thier coupon in i hotel coupons.com booklet. You will love this place.

G. Wallace

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gary w
bpatel09, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Dear Guest,

First off I want to thank you for choosing America's Best Value Inn and second thank you for the review. I hope in the future you will come back to stay with us.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Really, can't take your breakfast back to your room when you have a microwave and frig in the room? I was really upset with that especially when half of us were still sleeping. But had a room on the first floor which was nice.

Room Tip: Breakfast was unsatisfactory
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Guest,

• The fellow working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced. The situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Willow Spring, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel and it was fine. The beds were very comfortable and our room was clean but on the older side. The staff was super nice and helpful. The only slight complaint we had was that the pool was very warm. Also, the hotel is only 6 miles from the beach but it takes about 20 minutes to get there. Overall, it was a place to sleep for us and was very cheap. We had no problems and would stay here again.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2012

i stayed here for two days. I was a good, nice, cheap hotel. My room was clean and confortable. The service was great. This is an average hotel if you don't want to spend a lot of money. i would stay here again. I stayed here from may 26, 2012 to may 28, 2012. The pool was nice and clean. Overall experience for me and my family, Average. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank antonioballadares

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

It's like hotel roulette. Stayed here with family and between us there were three diffeent rooms. Ours was on the pool side. All I can say is dirty, old, and gross. The carpet was sticky. I think we got the room with the leftover furniture. Booked a non smoking room and got a smoking room. The smell of stale smoke was awful. When I complained they told me it was non-smoking...someone must have smoked in it. WHAT? Also, I think we were on the crack house side of the hotel. There was a creepy guy staying here that would stand ouside and stare at a tree. I could not make this up. He wasn't the only creepy guy either. Meanwhile on the other side, one of the rooms was like a standard average hotel room, the other was clearly recently renovated. I guess you never know what you will get in this place.

• Stayed May 2012
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Guest,

• Manager was approached about your report of what you referred to as the crack side of the building and a creepy guy. Security measures were discussed.