“No problems!”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Lapeer, Michigan
“No problems!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I checked in for what they called the lowest price in town. I stayed on the poolside. The room smelled clean. The beds are soft but comfortable! TV channels were pretty basic. Breakfast was very limited. The staff is friendly. Pillows were lumpy and towels kinda sucked. I didn't have any bug problems at all! It was pretty quiet and the parking lot didn't have much traffic. I would stay here again for sure!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for your positive comments. Guests like you make it a pleasure to run a hotel. I apologize, however, that the pillows and towels didn’t meet your standards. We take great pride in the linens we provide, but we’ll keep your comments in mind as we order new linens and make other improvements to this property. Thanks again for staying with us -- and for your useful feedback.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have never.. In my entire life.. Witnessed a more disgusting room. At first glance it seems to be a typical (rather worn) hotel room. Once we pulled back the sheets there were ROACHES under the blankets. Baby roaches, big roaches, under the pillows and under the mattresses. Almost at the same instance shrieks from the bathroom proved there were more to be seen! In the bathtub and all around it were German roaches. We immediately picked up all of our belongings to ensure they didnt get in them. There were holes and cracks in the walls to where they were retreating. We went to the front desk and without any surprise and any hesitation, she allows us to cancel the rooms.. But made up call the customer line for a refund.. Which took nearly another hour. The most ridiculous and disgusting experience ever. DO NOT STAY HERE. Don't even think you'll get an OK room. You will be sorely wrong.

• Stayed March 2014
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time for your busy schedule to comment about our property. While we most firmly reject that there is any sort of insect problem at our hotel and don’t know what your motivations are for making these accusations, we do sincerely apologize for whatever you found unsatisfactory that has caused you to make such inflammatory and potentially damaging allegations. We’re very sorry you did not stay with us and are pleased you got the refund you requested.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

It's 2am and I just got to my new hotel room. I left America's Best Quality Inn at 1:30am on my first night. Serious cockroach problem, wet/moldy floor/curtains. Comforter smells like body odor, holes in the wall I stuffed with paper. I felt extremely unsafe, the only reason I would give this place a 2 rating is because I got a full refund with no problem. I stayed there 5 hours and the cockroaches were the final straw. The price is not worth it. Stay in your car if you must. I encountered a rude employee before my stay regarding sending me a fax. Six hours after being told I would receive a fax I had not, when I called to verify I got an extremely rude "yes I know I am extremely busy" the employee hung up without another word. I understand making an affordable place, but there are certain aspects you can't cut corners. Cleanliness and customer service.

• Stayed February 2014
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. Your comments concern me because hundreds of people are satisfied every week, but I’m always concerned with those who aren’t. We can learn from comments in some cases, but I strongly reject the idea that there is an insect problem at our hotel. We take action to prevent that. I’m glad, however, that you were able to get your refund. I apologize for any shortcomings you experienced.

Thanks, Manager.
Centerburg, Ohio
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hotel was AWFUL! I would not recommend it to anyone. The shower was still wet from previous guests, the lampshades were torn, there were many "patched" holes in the walls and the room did not even have a phone. The table was disgusting and the floors were definitely not clean. Would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. We ended up moving in the middle of the night to another hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry we could not satisfy you during your recent stay. While we satisfy thousands of customers every month, not everyone leaves completely contented. For that, I apologize to you. We could have provided a different room if there were specific issues that needed attention, but I’m glad you found a good night’s sleep elsewhere.

Thanks, Manager.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff was very nice at this hotel. As for this being my first time here, i will be sure to return on future travels. Defiantly worth your money !! Very easy to access locatin, and close to all things such as gas stations, malls, restaurants and especially the highway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chanley J
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The staff who work there are incredibly nice people and very accommodating, but the owners and the general manager are money grubbing tyrants and far too inflexible...

Our smoke detector was broken for the 2 month stay we were there. 3 separate times we asked to have it fixed, it wasn't.

The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about: mini doughnuts, cereal, oatmeal, waffles but still something. Now it is a joke... just waffles. Don't advertise simmering that isn't really there. Another "Corner cutting" I mean "cost cutting measure".

The rooms have a seriois cockroach problem, when asked about spraying or something I was informed the owners will only spray minimally and that they wouldn't spray anymore in the month.

Regards of how long you stay there you cannot extend your stay unless you do it at a minimum of 2 weeks at a time and they will not give refunds regardless of circumstance.

On principle it's not even about policies or corner cutting its the numerous times to be in the lobby and hear the gm, Trina or a male who it was explained was related to ownership, verbally attack their employees or people staying in the hotel. Absolutely disgusting!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve D
abvimelbournefl, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for spending two months with us. We appreciate your business. It’s hard to imagine that the problems were as bad for you as stated since you stayed so long at our property, but I sincerely apologize for any lapses in quality you experienced. Our goal is to provide 100 percent satisfaction to every customer. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 27 January 2014

THis hotel needs a lot of work. When I first walked in my room I encountered a bad musty smell. I called the front desk and asked to have room that was refurbished but was told that all the rooms were about the same. Then searched around for the smell and I had over 20 splotches of Mold on my shower curtain. Also there was Mold under lip of the toilet which tells me the staff never cleaned to toilets very well. In addition there was worn out carpet. In fact the carpet was so bad that the carpet along the sides of the rooms was a different color than the carpet in the middle of the room. In addition the furniture greatly beat up. Sorry I am sure that those who are writing good reviews might be employees or maybe got the hotel mixed up with other ones.... this one really needs a complete over haul....I Have stayed in several other Americas best value inn's before and they were really great values... not this one...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry to hear of your concerns about our property, but I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in the quality and cleanliness of our property and on our positive reviews, so we take the problems you mention very seriously. We are rechecking all rooms this week to make sure no such problems exist. If you have any other questions or concerns, you’re welcome to contact me directly at any time.