“Great atmosphere, great food! (and a vegetarian option)”
Review of The Burger Place

The Burger Place
Ranked #14 of 450 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I didn't expect to like this place, since I'm a vegetarian. I found out that they do indeed have a veggie burger, so I took my family here. It was fantastic! I had a veggie burger with mayonnaise and American cheese and a small fry. The fries are small in circumference so they lost heat by the time I'd finishes my sandwich, but you could just eat them first or with your burger. I got a chocolate malt shake afterwards. Everything was great!! The decoration and atmosphere was what sold it, however. You could get the same level of food somewhere like Longdoggers, but I would prefer The Burger Place because of the quaint and nostalgic feel of the diner! They have it decorated like an old 60's diner, complete with the turquoise and chrome! There are also some photos from the 60's of various places around Melbourne way back when, so that's kind of cool, too!

I would recommend this if you're looking for a casual diner!

1  Thank Casteille

Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you want a really GOOD burger, go here. I'm not a huge meat eater, but wanted a really good burger and finally checked this place out. So glad I did. Just exactly what I wanted a burger to be. Good quick service. Excellent fries too!

1  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I went in with my family of 4. We have been to the burger place many times and this time I was half way through my burger and found a hair.... I have worked in the food/ service industry so I didn't want to make a big deal, so I pulled the girl working the register aside and told her. The girl working the front told the owner (male) and he was instantly defensive.... He said "ugh, I don't know where this hair would come from" in a very condescending rude tone while pointing to everyone working that evening. I took it as him implying that I was lying, when I clearly pulled the hair out of the cheddar cheese and A1 sauce..... It even had drips of sauce on it...... Yeah disgusting. He then proceeded to say, "then just make a new burger" and I said no, just make a small burger because I had eaten half so they made a child's burger which was fine. I was irritated with how the owner handled the situation so, I had my husband take my kids to the car so that I could talk to the owner... I told him that I was offended by the way he handled the situation and he scoffed and rolled his eyes at me, I told him that I will not be back and he said " well then don't come back" so rude, unbelievable, I really liked this place at the old location but..... I guess they became too big for their own good.... Waited close to 30 min for fast food with hair in it and was treated like garbage........ No thank you.... Will not be back ever... Even if it's the last place standing on the face of he planet and I have to starve to death!!!!!!! Never

1  Thank Truth_LSetUFree
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Burger Place has great food, friendly service, and nostalgic music. The burgers are fresh and come in 1/4, 1/2, and full pound sizes. The buns are fresh made on premise - AND ARE DELICIOUS! They also use leaf lettuce instead of the cheaper, but tasteless iceberg variety. They also offer grilled chicken sandwiches, Caesar salad, and chicken Caesar salads. The fries are also fresh cut shoestring with the skin on. They also offer fresh brewed ice tea, Coke fountain sodas, and bottled beer (including Shock Top). The music is mostly 50's and early 60's rock and roll. I did not get a chance to try the milkshakes, but they looked very good. Maybe next time.
This is the kind of place that Johnny Rockets tries to be, but it is much better and more authentic.
The Burger Place manages to be old school even though it is bright and shiny and super clean.
I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Simple, fast food like place with great food. All food made fresh so may take a few minutes to receive food. Especially good burgers and milk shakes. Nice outside eating area.