“Ignore the negative comments”
Review of Dolfun Tours

and up
Dolphin and Manatee Sightseeing River Tour
Rockledge, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ignore the negative comments”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had read the reviews the night before( 06/07/14)we were supposed to go, and thought "oh no". Boy, am I glad we went ahead on the trip and did not listen to negative peoole. I emailed Bob a few days before to confirm, and he answered me right back. The morning we were to go, the boat broke, they called and kept us informed. They called me later in the day with an update, and got us on the 4:00 tour the same day. He helped me get my mother on who was in a wheelchair(which he did not know this when he was giving us updates and being kind). He was informative about birds, trees, the area and even cracked some jokes. We got to see a few dolphin and he gave us a nice relaxing boat ride. All the while, I could hear chatter from the back, "we need a refund", "we saw more dolphin going over the bridge" and such. Captain Bob has no control over how many and if the dolphin are going to be out. It is nature folks, not Seaworld. It is hit and miss and depends on the animals themselves. Anyway, the boat was nice, clean and comfortable. Just wanted to give an opinion from someone who almost believed the negative until I was very glad we went. Unfortunately, it is usually the comments of dissatisfied patrons that are voiced, so I wanted to let you hear that I felt it was Excellent!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Jayna H

Saint Cloud, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good family fun.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a super fun trip for my family. The captain was really easy going and fun to talk to. He also drove around the dolphins enough so both sides of the boat could see with ease. We brought our two children, ages 2 and 1, and the captain let them walk around the boat when he was going slow. And two hours was the perfect amount of time to spend out. Enough to see all you could of beautiful dolphins without feeling trapped on a boat for forever. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Amandawamp
owings mills
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Wish I could give a ZERO--CAPTAIN IS A JERK”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I don't even know where to start. I am driving to Florida from Maryland with my two kids and found this groupon/living social deal. I know they will love it. I was confused because EVERYWHERE SAYS that the sailings are 10 and 1.....from their own website to living social to groupon to the company (that I called) that issues their full price tickets are makes their reservations. I go to book our time because that's what you are instructed to do on their website if you have a groupon and it says 1 and 4...so I choose the 4. I called and left a message and then ultimately emailed the great crappy captain. He was so RUDE. All I was doing was confirming that there was a 4 p.m. sailing. I tried to email him back explaining how it wasn't clear to try and give some perspective and this is what he said "It says on the groupon you bought sales tax not included but I already know you can't read . That would put you in the class with the 9 percent ". Wait...did anyone ask about sales tax. NO! To insult a potential customer just for inquiring about the timing, it completely unacceptable. I have copies of these emails if anyone needs to see the truth of the matter. I would NEVER subject my children to being around this man because if he can't be nice to a grown woman, how is he going to be with my children?

25 Thank thankyoupaige
Palm Coast, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“CUSTOME NO-SERVICE..BEWARE GROUPON CUSTOMERS!!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I purchased a tour through Groupon for my family of 4 and called the number as was explained on the Groupon ticket. I left 3 messages explaining clearly I wanted the 1 pm Sunday trip but NEVER once received a call back or confirmation. I figured after 3 calls he should have gotten my message. My family arrived 20 minutes before the scheduled trip and was greeted by Capt Bob who advised us that he never received any confirmation from us. We had driven 2 1/2 hrs for this trip so we were pretty upset. From reading the other post its clear Capt Bob prefers other paying customers other that Groupon. It was clear we were bumped for higher paying customers. I will be contacting Groupon hopefully to get a refund and will never recommend Dolfuntours to anyone.

16 Thank Nancy F
Melbourne, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“2nd time out with DolFun Tours!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had such a great experience the first time - but the 2nd time was just as wonderful! Seeing the Dolphin in their natural habitat is a true joy. Also enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and the Captain's sense of humor. This is a local treasure for us on the Space Coast to be able to go out on a nice boat at such a good price all throughout the year. Thanks Captain Bob!

Visited April 2014