“Super Irish Pub/Restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Meg's is a fun, casual, comfy place to dine and drink. Very good extensive menu with all the Irish favorite dishes. My husband likes their baby back ribs better than any other place in the area. All of their food is fresh and well prepared. The only thing I think that needs improvement is their scones. After coming back from a trip to Ireland I was anxious to try their scones. Too heavy and not like the delish ones we had all over Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food, staff and service are all great. Meg's is in the center of Historic Melbourne. Go shopping after you eat.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Bangers and Mash is amazing! There is a wide selection of drinks but you do not have to stray very far from the Guiness.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I came to Melbourne for our 4-year Anniversary and this being our 1st visit, we asked our Innkeeper about restaurant recommendations. This place was at the top of his list - and now we know why! When you walk in, you get an authentic Irish pub feel and atmosphere. It was an impressive environment. I had the Pub Burger with Farmhouse Cheddar with a side of their fries. It was superb! I'm normally not a fan of anyone's slaw, but it was mild, fresh, crisp and delicious! My husband ordered the Lamb Shank with potatoes and veggies. He loved it - very "fall off the bone" tender and super flavorful! he craved another plate! For dessert (or dinner) you have to order M.O.M.'s Bread Pudding... It is the best bread pudding I've ever eaten (sorry, grandma) - pure heaven! The restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Melbourne - surrounded by shops and other eateries. Nice place to take a stroll and relax. Very historic and nice! It was only a short 8-10 min. drive from our B&B by Melbourne Beach; just across the Causeway. Next time we're in the area, we'll definitely be coming back here to eat!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our first visit and I'll certainly look forward to returning someday when we visit the area again. My mother had Meg O'Malley's Reuben sandwich called The Kilkenney. It was very good, she said, but it needed more cole slaw. it needed a ratio adjustment.
I must RAVE however about my order -- Meg's Cobb Salad! It was outstanding. Beautifully presented and ample in each delicious topping of bacon, chicken, tomato, egg, Dubliner cheese, onion, artichoke hearts atop atop romaine and iceberg.
For dessert, the bread pudding was a hit also. We preferred the Irish Whiskey Cream sauce.