“Too expensive”

New York Pizza
Ranked #134 of 451 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went on July 15th, 2014, just to have a casual dinner with a friend. They had a Pizza special, large cheese for $7.99 - good deal. But their dinner prices were outrageous for a local place, when we could get the same for so much less and get so much more. Example, Ravioli (5 of them) with tomato sauce, 3 garlic knots and small house salad was $11.99, pasta & meatballs or sausage, salad & knots, $11.99, and they were about the cheapest on the menu. We have Carrabbas, Uno's and several other Italian restaurants in the area that are less than that and you get so much more. A glass of wine is $5.99 and that is the inexpensive kind. The pizza was the best deal, although they don't put enough cheese on it. Won't go back again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is my favorite NY Pizza spot outside of NY. Their crust is just like the one in NY and they use higher quality cheese than the other pizza parlors claiming to be from NY (Bizzaros) The place is clean well kept and the service is very good. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The pizza is very good. Fresh ingredients equals a solid pizza. If I lived in the area this would definitely be my go-to place.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I m originally for Long Island and Lived in Manhattan for many years and Now South East Florida the only thing that I truly miss from New York is the FOOD!!!!!!! I m a die hard pizza lover, couldn't find any good pizza down here. Friend of mine highly recommended New York Pizza Cafe. This place rocks!!!!! The pizza has a thin crisp crust dripping with fresh cheese!!!!LOVEN IT!!! if your a true pizza lover don't walk run!!! DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This review is based on a delivery service, and have not been in the restaurant.

Was in town for a bad situation, My mother was in the hospital. Spent 10 days with my Dad.
Had pizza delivered one night as we were in for the evening...
Outstanding crust, and very good sauce. Ours was pepperoni, and there was plenty of it.
All pizza places shine or fail based on their crust and sauce.
New York Pizza has very good crust, and they will even make it crispy for you.(helps if you load up the toppings)
Their sauce was ok to good the first time, and much better the second time.
I've found this almost always happens when you order delivery from a pizza place and find that it grows on you to the point, where you really love it. Is that because of the ease of delivery or the anticipation of the pie on it's way.
Anyway, these were my observations, and I made that apparent when I ordered my second pizza during my 10 day stay. The guy on the phone, Chris I think, said he appreciated it very much, and to my surprise, include some free garlic knots... Very tasty..
My Dad lives there by himself now, and I will probably be moving to Melbourne in the near future...
I will keep New York Pizza on my speed dial.