“Comfy beds, good breakfast variety, extremely helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Granger, Indiana
“Comfy beds, good breakfast variety, extremely helpful staff”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Cocoa Beach hotels were all booked but Hampton Inn Viera had an excellent rate, so we booked for two nights assuming we would switch closer to the beach midweek. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel was exceptionally clean in the common areas and our room was spotless. Breakfast had enough variety that we could easily change our daily choices and not have the same thing over and over. The staff was extremely helpful - front desk, morning breakfast help, and even what I assumed was the GM stopped by to talk to us and inquire about our stay. I had a vehicle problem during the daily torrential rains - staff member on duty did all the searching for me and then printed out exactly what I needed to find help. A big plus since this was me and my daughter staying alone without my husband. No matter what time we came back to the room the staff member on duty always cheerfully greeted us and asked about our day, even at 2:30 a.m. one night.

As you can tell, we never did switch hotels, ended up staying six nights in all. Loved the big fluffy comforters on the beds. Some days it seemed we came back with half a beach worth of sand - the maids did an excellent job cleaning every day as you would not have known we were at the beach! A very late start for us one day and breakfast was over. My daughter went downstairs anyway, found the kitchen staff, and they pulled a few things together for her. I was impressed.

Hotel pool was very small, but being that close to the ocean it did not bother us. The hotel is right off I-95 but we did not notice any noise. Saw that the Brevard Zoo was within walking distance of the hotel too. Several restaurants nearby ranging from fast food to sit down casual.

Will definitely stay again at Hampton Inn Viera when we are in the area. Great hotel for families or the solo traveler. We felt very safe here. Will also recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Traveling with a soccer team full of parents with different tastes, I have come to find that Hampton Inn provides the quality for those with more refine tastes and those who are on a budget. This Hampton Inn did not disappoint. It was clean, the staff friendly and the area provided ample restaurants. It is close to I-95 so getting to where we needed to go was a breeze. I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn. Thank you Katie for making my stay with the team so very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Vencie, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This Hampton Inn and Suites was very clean, friendly and safe. The room was set up with many of the needed accommodations. The complimentary breakfast is one everyone should visit..the food was great. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed there one night before we visited Kennedy Space Center. The rooms were absolutely ok. The air conditioning in one room was extremely loud, but acceptable. We were surprised by I) the quality of the beds and II) the great breakfast buffet, which we enjoyed very much. In summary, the place offered what we expected and can be recommended for shorter stays.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dade City
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Located just off the interstate next to several restaurants. Very well kept property. Staff was friendly and prompt to assist in any way. Continental breakfast with lots of variety. Only negative was - No ATM on location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 14 days in June of this year as part of a working vacation. Just off of I-95, it is convenient to Space Coast attractions, the Intercoastal Waterway (causeways), and ultimately the beaches. The hotel has a nice outdoor pool which although small, was very clean and usually very private / quiet. The breakfast staff is excellent and the food is of above average quality. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. We had a small maintanence issue while we were there, which was promptly and professionally handled as well. The Business Center provides a computer and a small, but quiet place to work, makes some calls, send a fax, or print a document. There was even a small "store" inside the hotel which sold travel items, snacks, and beverages. There is a convenience store within walking distance, also, and two decent BBQ sit-down restaurants. It is also nearly walking distance from the Brevard County Zoo, which although not cheap, is worth the price of admission if you have the time and are so inclined -- it's bigger than it looks.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor above the loading / unloading zone, which would I would not expect to...