Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
US$209
US$192
Good 3.5/5
  • Beachfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$138
US$100
Very Good 4/5
Days Inn Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$197
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$110
US$104
1,780 results
All reviewsmelbourne beachfront deskocean viewnorth towerpool areaoceanfront roomhilton melbournebreakfast buffethigher floorpool and hot tubgreat beachpoolside barthe entire staffbeach accessnice poolcocoa beachkarl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Had a wonderful experience. Rooms were nice and roomy. The location on the beach and the views were unbeatable. Price was good. located close to everything. We even go to experience seeing sea turtles. It was a magical experience. We will definitely be back. The TV's were all modern flat screens. Room was a little dirty, but they fixed everything ASAP. Customer service was awesome. The only downside was the bed. It was very hard, and small. We weren't in the room that much but to sleep but we made do.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank anordstrom2000
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I just returned from a business trip and stayed at the above hotel overnight to attend a business seminar the next day at the hotel. I have to say everyone was on their toes at this Hilton. Everyone greeted you at every corner. At check in you were greeted with a smile and pleasant clerks. I received the room I requested which had one of the best oceanviews I have seen in a while. After checking in around 7p.m., I went to dinner and returned to find a message from the front desk inquiring as to whether everything in my room was satisfactory. Of course it was. The beds were crisp and clean. And I love their pillow top beds and pillows. The bathroom was spotless. And ladies, the lighting in their bathrooms are to die for. They have a warm glow to them and you like what is staring back at you. They also have a independent lighted makeup mirror. But the best part is the great Peter Thomas Roth toiletries they had in your room. They smell delicious. I had more towels in my room than I have ever had in any hotel I stayed at in the past, and I didn't even have to ask. There were three of everything, and a floor towel. I will post pics of my view of the ocean. I did have a lunch buffet in the hotel, and everyone was hustling, and greeted you with a smile and a friendly hello at every corner. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I also have to commend them for being pet friendly, which ranks as a top priority with me when I travel for leisure. I saw tons of people walking their dogs on the beach. I am already looking forward to returning to this hotel soon when I can hang out for a while. Can't say enough good things about it. Their room service is reasonable in price also, although I did not use it. My room chair and foot stool were placed where I could drink my morning tea/coffee and watch the sun rise. I also used it to apply my makeup so I could stay in the chair a little longer! Loved it!

Room Tip: Book early, use AAA
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracyb433
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I had read through a thread of such wonderful reviews before going myself, that I have to conclude what i said above. The only reason I didn't give this hotel zero stars is because the view from the room was unbeatable, and the food and attentiveness of the staff at Jack's Seafood Grill was top notch. These two factors kept the weekend from being totally spoiled for me.
Fifty percent of what makes a hotel great is the room itself. The other fifty is the service provided. This is where it lacked for me. Housekeeping seemed to have a problem getting to our room on Saturday morning of our weekend stay. We left around 9am for breakfast, came back at noon and the room had not been touched. went downstairs to ask the front desk about why and they said that housekeeping does the checkout rooms first and they would certainly be back to do our room. So we went out for a few hours, came back at 4, room still had not been touched. Not only is our trash and damp dirty towels still where we put them, but now ants have found there way to the trash. Went back down to the front desk to advise our room still hadn't been serviced, they assured nonchalantly that we would be serviced when housekeeping got to our room. At this point I'm irritated because for one thing, it should NEVER EVER take that long to clean up a room, there's no excuse, and secondly, seeing that we had previously asked about this at noon, should not we have been given a little priority? I could have spread my own bed and bought some pine sol (and bug spray!) if I knew it was going to take them all day! I went back to the room, sat uncomfortably in our "mess" for a half hour, and then my husband decided that we should forgo having the room cleaned at this point because we were now going to be in it for the rest of the day and wanted our privacy. So we called the front desk and told them that. (and asked for some fresh towels, which, surprise, we received almost immediately!) We tried to clean up and get on with the day, but just too annoyed about the housekeeping fiasco. So I called Hilton customer service to log a complaint, and spoke to a rep, who, long story short, seemed more annoyed that I had a "complaint" than geniunely disappointed that a customer of the hotel was not happy. (There is a very distinct difference between the two, and how you say what you say can make all the difference in the world.) So instead of feeling some sort of resolve, the situation soured to the point of no return for me. It makes it worse that we picked the best suite and package they had available when we reserved the room. We invested a lot in a good vacation, and a clean room should have been the LEAST of our worries.
But apart from that, this is a very nice, well kept hotel with great food, and if you don't run into the problem we had, you will probably have an enjoyable stay here. But for us, since we have stayed in SO MANY different hotels and know what to expect, this hotel and this chain is crossed of our list. Marriott and Starwood will see us again. Hilton will not.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MAT78_11
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Dear MAT7_11,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to relay your experience during your recent stay here at the HIlton Melbourne Beach. It is always our goal to exceed our guest' expectations, but in your particular case, we obviously did not, particularly in the realm of housekeeping. For this, I would like to sincerely apologize.

I would like to address your issues, and also let you know we have had a lengthy discussion with our management and staff to ensure what you experienced does not happen again. As we do turn over an enormous amout of rooms daily, particularly on the weekends, our room attendants do clean rooms until 5pm each day. We do try and do the check-outs first to accommodate those guests who are checking in to see if we can get them in as early as possible to enjoy our facilities, location, and of course... the ocean. I would agree that since you called down to the desk to make a point that your room was not made up as of Noon, that our staff would recognize that and take action to complete your room as soon as possible. It sounds like a communication issue, that we have addressed due to your comments, between our Front office staff and housekeeping staff. We have taken the time to meet collectively to ensure we are all on the same page and recogonize what our guests are asking and needing, again, to ensure we exceed their expectations. In the future, if you would like your room cleaned earlier in the day, please let us know, and we will make every effort to get it done as early as possible.

In regards to the Customer service complaint you mentioned when you called the HIlton services line, I have made inquiries and forwarded this to Hilton Corporate to ensure they follow up.

I do hope that you would consider the Hilton Melbourne Beach the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne. I can assure you that you will only find the best accommdations and service, and we have addressed all of the issues you have brought up. The only way we can improve is to receive feedback from guests such as yourself. Again, thank you for the response, and we do hope you will try us again.

Mark Williams

Reviewed 9 May 2011

The service was always timely. All the employees were very friendly. We paid a little more the a full balcony which we sat on and enjoyed every day, which was definitely worth it. The room was clean and comfortable. To get around you need a car. Old Melbourne is a 10 minute drive and well worth it. I liked the refrigerator in the room where we could keep snacks and cold beverages. The only complaint was the rooms do not have a safe. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to be on the beach.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Downside is MB is very "blue collar", meaning most families have tatoos. The plus to that is that it is much cheaper than the gulf, plenty of restaurants that were not crowded, good prices and good food. We paid $150 a night for an oceanfront room on the top floor. Great view of the sunrise and the beach, only downside was the housekeeping was horrendous. We saw the girl the first day and told her we would be out for awhile, she said "I am only going to make the beds and change the towels so it won't take long." Never saw that at a Hilton, we just laughed it off. Small thing that was not going to ruin our vacation. Other than that, the hotel is older and smaller but this turned out to be a good thing with 2 small kids. 3 minute walk would take you to your room, the beach, your car, or the pool. The small pool made it easy to watch the kids, beach rentals were only $20 a day and it was not crowded, the restaurant was decent with free Starbucks in the lobby. Tiki bar a little overpriced, but the help pleasant. Water was nice, a little rocky - had a few minor cuts from that. Kids were 7 and 5, DO NOT let small kids in the water without life jackets, but with them they had a great time on the rented boogie boards. We would go back.

Room Tip: Pay the extra 15 bucks for the executive floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family