We had stayed here a few years ago, and decided to come back for a weekend trip to visist the coast and see a spring training game (Space Coast stadium is about 5-10 miles away). There were lots of people using this for a spring training base camp, which was kind of fun.
The property sits on a great beach, that you can walk up and down for miles in each direction. There is a vendor that you can get chairs (2 chairs and umbrella - $20), kayaks, etc. The pool is on the small side and gets a bit crowded on the weekends, but we were always able to find a spot to sit down. The bar at the pool has friendly service and typical resort pricing. There is construction going on in the north tower that overlloks the pool. Our room was on the other side of the south tower, so we never had any problems, and at least while we were at the pool, never really heard much noise.
The rooms themselves were fine. We had a full balcony, but it only had two chairs (no table). Looking at other balconies, it seemed hit or miss as to which balconies had tables. Regardless, we had a great view of the sunrise and ocean. The maid service was on the late side. When we checked in, we actually couldn't get our room until after 4pm (standard check-in time), and one day, we arrived to our room after 5pm and the rrom still hadn't been made up (we called, and they sent someone up quickly).
There are several good (but not great) restaurants about 0.5 miles up the road, as well as a WalMart and grocery store - so easy to stock up on whatever you may need. If you like beer on tap, there is a place called Coasters in the strip mall (next to the WalMart), that has a great selection.
The morning breakfast buffet was pretty good - you could order omlets, wafles, etc in addition to the standard buffet food. Service was always fast and friendly.
All in all a very good stay and hotel, and would not hesitate to come here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront is a relaxing retreat, just seven miles from Melbourne International Airport and located on Florida's Space Coast. We tick all the boxes for a memorable beach vacation – great views, delicious dining, an outdoor pool, and inviting rooms and suites. We also offer 9,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space, a business center, and more to keep you productive. Whether you’re visiting for the famous Florida beaches or you just love all things outer space, Hilton Melbourne Beach is a great choice. We're close to the Kennedy Space Center, Port Canaveral and the vibrant shopping and dining of Melbourne Beach. Take some time to enjoy our leisure facilities, including a heated outdoor pool, fitness center, and 24-hour fitness center. Looking to explore the local area? Jump on our free shuttle; we’ll take you anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Hilton
- Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Florida