Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
US$189
  • Beachfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$111
Hampton.com
US$132
Hilton.com
Days Inn Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
US$100
US$255
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
1,796 results
All reviewsmelbourne beachfront deskocean viewnorth towerpool areaoceanfront roomhilton melbournebreakfast buffethigher floorpool and hot tubgreat beachpoolside barthe entire staffbeach accessnice poolcocoa beachkarl
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel was very nice had great amenities like pool, hot tub, outside bar, and beach rentals. I'm allergic to down and they met my request of having alternative bedding without asking when I arrived, alot hotels will tell you may note it but we may not be able to accommodate that request and you don't find out til you get there. The hotel was clean, great location, and I had an ocean view so it was lovely to keep the slider open hearing the ocean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
7  Thank Andrea L
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Andrea L,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have family in the area and usually stay at the Crowne Plaza. We tried the Hilton this time and thought readers might like a comparison of the two. The view from a Hilton 9th floor ocean front junior suite was great. The view from the wrap around balcony of a Crowne Plaza corner suite is even better. The balcony at the Hilton was just a step-out balcony with no room for chairs. The ocean view rooms appeared to have full balconies. We really liked room decor at the Hilton. It was tasteful, bright and modern. The Crowne Plaza suites are not as nicely decorated and the floor plan is not as good. The lobby and common areas at the Hilton were also nicer and brighter than the Crowne Plaza. The outside pool/bar area at the Crowne Plaza is great because you can sit with a fantastic view of the beach. The outdoor area at the Hilton does not offer the same views or ambiance. The staff was attentive in both hotels although the Crowne Plaza staff seemed a little warmer to the guests. We would be happy to stay in either hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank CumberlandIsland

Dear Cumberland Island,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while you visited with your family. I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff onto the management team. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town to visit your family.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Have stayed here 5 or more times for both business & play. Every stay has been terrific & they just keep getting better. The Ocean front large suite has amazing 180 degree views. Clean rooms, pool, spa & gym. Overlook the beach as you work out too. The breakfast & service are consistantly good. No problems with the A/C because I rarely use it here with the ocean breezes. Staff is always pleasant & helpful. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Ask for the main tower
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Donatella-Bingbong
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Donatella Bingbong,

Thank you so much for your review of our property and for choosing to stay with us when your travels bring you to Melbourne. I'm so glad that you enjoy our property and our great staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is my 2nd stay w/ this beachfront hotel from my recent business trip in Melbourne FL. I had a first good impression here back in March 2011, became a HH member since then, thus accumulating HH points is another influential factor. However, this time I had a few minor qualms worth mentioning. When checking in, I was offered a room on the 3rd floor which has ocean view but under balcony construction. I thought it was OK until I came in and saw the workers outside working with construction noise. If it were my working days I would not notice, but this afternoon I really needed a rest. The hotel found me another room on the south tower, with also a bit a of an ocean view. But then, there are a few issues which are rather annoying:

1. A/C was recycled on every 10 min or so, even when I set the thermostat at 72 deg F to pace it out. I did not had a good sleep for 2 nights. In the morning I checked with another colleage also stayed at the hotel on the main building, 3rd floor. She too complained about noise AC such that she turned it off on the 2nd night.

2. Toilet noise due to a slow leak that every 20 min or half an hour (I did not time it), it replenishes itself to the set water level. As a result, you hear a brief water filling noise for a couple minutes every now and then...I am normally an easy sleeper so it would not bother me so much (closing the washroom door did not help), but it is aggravated by the AC periodically turn on and stay on noise!.

3. Clock radio cannot be adjusted for time, other than setting the alarm. I mentioned this to the front desk. They concurred the clock radio time adjustment is covered, needs a tech to come in to fix it. I waited but no one came in for the entire stay, I just used my phone alarm clock instead. This is really not a big problem, rather annoying...

If point collection is an absolute must, perhaps I'll choose the Double Tree suite nearby next time :)!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear David T,

Thank you so much for your review of our property and for staying with us when your travels bring you to Melbourne. I'm happy to inform you that our balcony repairs are complete. I'm so sorry that the A/C in your room and the toilet in your bathroom disturbed your sleep. I've spoken to our Chief Engineer and made him aware so that his staff can check the room you were assigned.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to assist you with your travel needs when you return to Melbourne.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is a fantastic beach front location with awesome views. Great food and the tiki bar by the pool was perfect for down time. There is a reef in the ocean here, so if you are planning to swim as a family, you may want to inquire about ocean swimming, as this is not what I was interested in. There were ocean swimmers and I never heard any complaints. I consider this a great place to stay with smaller beach crowds.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us along with our fabulous view and our tiki bar. We look forward to your return the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.