“Love the location!”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A good friend and I stayed at this hotel to attend a convention event. The hotel was within 30 minutes drive from the convention site. It is directly on the ocean and our room (a double) was on the 11th floor (#1104) overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The balcony is very small, but affords you the ability to open the sliding glass doors and let fresh air into the room and a small area to stand on the balcony and enjoy the view. We took many wonderful sunrise photos from the balcony. It is a wonderful place to stay and I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend to others. We also drove to Cocoa Village, which is just a short 30 minute drive north. What a great place to visit and shop! There are many places and things to do close by so when you next travel to the Melbourne area, give them a try!

Room Tip: The high floors are wonderful for the ocean views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FL-EssentialOilExp
AugustusAllen, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our hotel. We do have a few different options concerning both the balconies and the view points, all of which provide breath taking views of the area. Thank you for your wonderful pictures! We are also very close to many areas such as Cocoa beach and also just a short drive to Orlando.

Once again thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about our hotel and we look forward to serving you again as your travel brings you back to the Space Coast.

Hilton Melbourne Oceanfront

Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were attracted by the location...steps from the beach, unbelievable sunrises and moonlight nights. Close to shops and restaurants (don't pass up a draught beer and appetizer at Coasters Pub). The rooms were perfect...spectacular views, but the staff are their asset. Don't be timid...the employees are there to take care of any zany request. We challenged them over two days and there never flinched! The night restaurant/bar manager, Heidi, met every special request with a smile and "will do" attitude. It's definitely a place we will visit again.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms have larger balconies that the oceanfront rooms. Those facing north over the p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oneanddone19
AugustusAllen, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear MJSugarmill,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our hotel! We do have an amazing staff who is willing to go above and beyond at every opportunity. A great example of this is Heidi who does an amazing job in taking care of her guests in the restaurant.

As you said we are just steps off the beach with great views, and just blocks away from many great restaurants. Coasters Pub is a staff favorite!

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to serving you again as your travel brings you back to Melbourne.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The food was excellent... Had some communication issues but all was resolved after a long night. Inside bar service was a little slow but we had a lot of people so it may just be that they weren't prepare to handle that many at once. The overall experience was great and they treated us very well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Brandi P
AugustusAllen, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Brandi,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our restaurant. We will be sure to pass along your comments so that we may not only train our team but also praise them for their hard work.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to Melbourne.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Transportation:
I had to come to this hotel from Orlando Int airport, so I was looking for a cheaper and faster way to come to there. I found this place http://www.centralfloridashuttle.com/ where the person is really flexible, helpful and has the best rates around the area. So I would recommend this service, if you are still looking for a way to come to the hotel.

Hotel and rooms:
I liked the hotel, it looks refreshed. The pool and bar area is not too big, but very nice. Everything is very clean and neat. After knowing the area a little better, I think it is one of the best hotels around there.

I read in the reviews that the “oceanfront” rooms do not have the balcony, and that it is better to get the “ocean view”, so I did it. I agree with this statement only if you get lucky with the room. The “oceanfront” rooms really do not have chairs/table on the balcony, because the space is limited just to stand in there. However, the “ocean view” rooms are located only on the left wing of the building (7 story) and if you get lucky to get a room facing the swimming pool and closer to the ocean, then I would say that “ocean view” is much better of a choice than the “ocean front” . However, my first room was not that lucky, and it appeared to be on another side of the building, facing the parking lot and the ocean. I did not like it, but was able to change the room.
The rooms are clean, nice furniture, TV. The bathroom looks very neat and stylish. However, the shower did not have a shower door (never saw a style like this) and water was leaking a little on the floor, but this was the only weird thing I found there.

Beach:
Beach is few steps away, down the stairs, from the pool area. You can rent an umbrella and chairs for a moderate price. The beach was super clean. I walked along the beach back and forward, and did not find any litter (which is unusual nowadays). The sand is soft, you can find some interesting seashells. Do not forget the swimming shoes, as the underwater reef is possible (they even have a posted sign at the hotel). So I had to buy shoes to be more comfortable. Not many people at the beach, as there are only few hotels around.

Food:
The food and pricing is moderate. I ordered breakfast, salads and dinner with fish, and each time I liked it. Can’t complain. But they do not do “fresh catch of the day”. There are few restaurants around the hotel if needed. I also had a fridge in my room, so I probably could bring and store some food to save money. The nearest store is Wall Mart (2 blocks away), so you can get a bottle of wine or appetizers from there.

In general my stay was very comfortable and enjoyable. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: I read in the reviews that the “oceanfront” rooms do not have the balcony, and that it is better to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kariina

Dear Kariina,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your time in letting future travelers know about the great amenities and different types of views available at our hotel. We do have a wonderful beach that does have many natural traits to it such as underwater reefs. We also have a great restaurant on site that offers many options throughout the day for our guests. We appreciate your "fresh catch of the day" comments and will pass them along to our Chef.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Melbourne area.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel will stay at the top of my list! Just steps from the beach, clean, and affordable. I would have swore the staff was there just for me..... every request was met efficiently and with a smile. Definitely will return to this gem!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Robin C
AugustusAllen, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Robin,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. We do have great views from all of our rooms along with a pool deck that is as you said just steps off the beach. It was our pleasure to serve you and hope to see you again as your travels bring you back to Melbourne.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience staying here. I arrived in early and my room was not ready. Jordan at the front desk was apologetic for the room not being ready as the previous clients had not checked out. I was pleasantly suprised as I was there quite early so it was fine. She even gave me free breakfast vouchers for the stay.

Never expected such excellent service despite booking through Priceline at a very cheap rate. Who said priceline customers get treated bad.

I was having some Internet issues and Dora at the front desk was more than happy to change my room though I was lazy to pack again.

Service with a smile especially Jordan be it front desk or the jacks bistro. She seems to be an all rounder.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Deepak B
AugustusAllen, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Deepak,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our hotel and team. Dora and Jordan are both great team members who constantly go above and beyond to assist our guests and provide them with an exceptional stay. I apologize that you had issues with the internet and we have turned the information over to our IT department to investigate and work to prevent further issues.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to serving you again as your travel brings you back to the Melbourne area.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My first time in Melbourne Beach and I will be back, so will our group.From check in to check out every detail was covered by a GREAT STAFF. Great location on beach with mini balconies .Nice complimentary breakfast in restaurant. To a man no one had any complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank trlvlnmn
AugustusAllen, Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Trlvlnmn,

Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our hotel and team. It was our pleasure to host such a great event. Our team was truly delighted to have the oppurtunity to serve so many who have served our Great country! We look forward to having both yoursef and others back again.

Hilton Melbourne Oceanfront

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!