“Wonderful place to stay”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for a three week business trip and truly could not have received better service. The days were excruciatingly long but the staff made me feel right at home. After finding out I needed to extend my stay Amber at the front desk didn't skip a beat and secured me a reservation in a similar room and made the transition mid-week absolutely painless. She went above and beyond for me my entire stay and I could not have made it through without her! The staff at the bar were wonderful and so friendly while I waited for my dinner every night. Jennifer and Rick and Michael always had a smile and asked how things were going. And even though it was small, the fact that they all made sure I got REAL utensils for the dinner I had to take back to my room to keep working made a huge difference. One can only live on takeout and plastic utensils for so long! :)

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and the staff for both business and pleasure travel. I will absolutely be staying with them for all future business trips to Melbourne.

1  Thank Meaghan H
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Meaghan H,

Thank you for the outstanding review. Amber is a top not service provider at the Front Desk. Thank you for also mentioning that the service provided by the team at the pool bar was wonderful. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.

Warmest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is our second visit to this hotel and i cant say enough about it!!!!!! The staff is by far exceptional,from the bellman Richie D. to the waitstaff in the restaurant, especially Betty who after serving you the first time will have your coffee,tea and juice out to you by the time you sit. Also the front desk is always cheerful and there to assist you with whatever you may need ,Kay was extremely helpful to us when we needed to extend our stay.
About the hotel,there are views from every room of the ocean!!!!! All different rooms to accommodate everyone's needs. There is a pool and separate spa and of course the beach for those who appreciate it as much as i do! plenty to do in the area and only one hour from Orlando. So much to offer in a very reasonable package. Everyone you meet while staying here are all happy and have been here more than once.Most importantly its a family place as well as a couples retreat, there is something for everyone.

Room Tip: if you are looking for the sun to be in your room you would want one on the south side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Kathy A,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We sincerely value your loyalty and dedication as a repeat guest. Richie and Betty Rae are accomplished employees who deliver service excellence regularly. K has been a great addition to our team and has had outstanding comments from many of our guests. All of the aforementioned employees will truly appreciate your kind comments. Our team takes great pride in delivering first-rate service. We are about one hour to Orlando (probably a little closer to the Orlando Airport). We too certainly believe that the Hilton Melbourne Beach has something special to offer couples, families, and business travelers alike. Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Everyone from the front desk, to housekeeping, to food service staff were all so wonderful! Everyone was friendly, happy to help if needed, and made my stay so excellent! We especially liked Karl at the outdoor bar area. He was friendly, funny, and still professional. He gave us great recommendations for when we wanted to dine out as well as for dining in.
We were so pleased when we arrived early and our room was already ready to go for us (I had called in to ask about early check in the day before). The room was comfortable, very clean, and just as described on the website. We especially loved having a mini fridge for our snacks and leftovers. Also having the balcony with the door we could keep open to get the ocean breeze was lovely! If you want a balcony you can sit on be sure to book the oceanview room.
We did not dine in the hotel as we like to adventure out but the food looked and smelled great. We really enjoyed the outdoor bar for a cocktail. Its so close to the ocean you feel like you are still right on the beach!
All the facilities were clean (including the pool side bathrooms which can be hard with all the sand and wet people using them).
We were there between college spring break and grade school spring break so it was busy but not overly so. Even for a couple traveling for a vacation together the blend of families, couples and business travelers was great. This is also a great place to stay if you want to be near all the night life of Coco Beach without having it all right outside your door.
The only downside was the A/C unit located 2 floors below our room outside our balcony. While it wasn't really loud it was easy to hear. I would recommend booking a room on a higher floor (we were on the 3rd) if possible.

Room Tip: The oceanview rooms have bigger balconies however the other tower of rooms still have standing room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adelle M
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Adelle M,

Thank you for the 5 star review! I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed interacting with our team members from various different departments. Karl who recently started with us has been a great addition to our pool bar, Atlantic Blue. I was also glad to learn that you were able to check in early and that you felt that your room was clean. The ocean breeze is definitely one of our best assets (just behind our extraordinary team). Thank you for bringing the AC unit to our attention. I will have our Director of Engineering check it for an excess noise. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I enjoyed most of my visit at this hotel this past weekend. the hotel is right on the beach and it has a pool if the beach isn't everyone in your group's thing.

The reception staff was very nice, friendly and tried to make the visit great. Housekeeping staff was very good, everything was very clean and they always seemed to be checking to make sure everything was clean.

My only complaint would be the bar near the pool. It causes the pool not to be very family friendly after customers have been over served. I was there at 6:45p on a Saturday night and there were 5+ people at the bar that were clearly intoxicated when I arrived and during my 1 hour there, each was served 4 more drinks. It was also clear that the bartender was deciding which customers rated happy hour discount or free drinks. The atmosphere became very adult oriented as the time passed. I felt very sorry for the wedding taking place on the beach as these customers kept going towards the beach to watch and making loud and rude comments.

In the case of over serving, this also applied to a different wedding and their guests. At 11:45p that same night, I had 6 highly intoxicated people insisting that my room was theirs--they had been going up and down the hall trying to use the key card to get into rooms for over 15 minutes. This was not fun as we had been asleep for 2 hours. I did call for security, but the guests must have left when I told them to leave. According to the front desk, security did come to the floor but didn't find anyone--they did not come past my room as I was watching for them for 15 minutes.

If I go back to Melbourne beach I would consider this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ozlow42

Dear ozlow42,

Thank you for posting a review. I was very happy to see that you found the hotel to be clean and more importantly; that you felt our team at the Front Desk was friendly. I want to apologize for any disturbances that you experienced with groups in-house. It is seldom that this happens but we take the care and comfort of our guests very seriously. I have forwarded your comments regarding the pool bar patrons to our Director of Food & Beverage. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return soon.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel is and how wonderful the front desk staff was to accommodate me. Nicole took extra special care to get me a very nice room and fixed an error in my reservation.

This is a very good hotel with clean rooms and an awesome view of the ocean. I am a business tarveller and stay in a lot of hotels.

1  Thank mgross75

Dear mgross75,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Nichole is an outstanding ambassador to our hotel. I was very happy to see that you found the hotel to be clean and the views awesome! Our team works diligently to satisfy our guests and they will be very proud to learn of your feedback. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our third stay at this hotel in 5 years. This hotel is right on the beach-dolphins and shore birds are daily sights. Many surfers also frequent the beach.
The hotel has two options- south tower has balconies, the north tower is closer to the water but only has juliette balconies. Dont worry about the proximity to the road- the rooms do not get street noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We noticed a great improvement in the breakfast buffet in terms of quality and options- and very attentive servers.
The rooms are standard- some with updated washrooms. The pool is small but serves its purpose, I only wish it was cleaner. And a note to management- we noticed non-guests using the pool - entering from the beach and from the parking lot.

Room Tip: We prefer the south tower for full balconies to watch the sunrise and the surfers in the evening, A...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear aidan98,

Thank you for your loyalty and repeat business. I was very glad to see that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. As you made mention of, we do have some incredible sights from the view of our rooms to include, pelicans and dolphins. We are also fortunate enough to have sustainable waves and warm temperature water here on the Atlantic Ocean for our surfer's daily activities. We did hire a new Chef and our restaurant concept has changed to the Ocean Grille. I will pass along your kind comments. We are in the process of making some upgrades to our pool area. We will do a better job of identifying non-guest’s activity. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. Thank you for the 5 star review! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Excellent location, well furnished rooms,helpful staff and good food made my stay comfortable and enjoyable. Value for money.close to downtown. Memorable experience. All required amenities available,this hotel is ideal for all occasion.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear AvinashKS,

Thank you for the 5 star review! I was elated to learn that you had a memorable experience and that you found our staff to be helpful. Thank you for your business. Please come back and see us soon.

Cordially,

john.depiro@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!